2015-01-30 14:30:38

blind swordsman isn't actually a boppit clone, which is precisely my point. it has very simple mechanics, but a very well defined engine and use of judgement, it requires you to think about what's going on rather than just throwing a huge bunch of sounds and insane objects at you. It's not really to do with speed, so much as it is to do with mechanics and design, ie, designing a game where a player has to learn the engine and make judgements with respect to that learning, rather than a game that just defaults to hear and react.

@Fatih, a setup file would be an option, but not really a necessity, but I don't really see why a "check for updates" feature is needed unless Oriol is planning on massive numbers of very frequent updates to the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-01-30 14:35:25

Try and beat this one folks, this is ridiculous and well, luck must have really shined upon me this round. My arms are aching!
you're dead! You managed to get 3354 points and you were at level 11 with 100 landed enemies. However, 17 managed to hit you. Press escape to go back to the main menu. Soon you will be able to post your scores and compare them with other players!

2015-01-30 15:40:57

how about this? haha
Oh crap, you're dead! You managed to get 4526 points and you were at level 12 with 110 landed enemies. However, 24 managed to hit you. Press escape to go back to the main menu. Soon you will be able to post your scores and compare them with other players!

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2015-01-30 17:51:56

Very nice, dd. I'm  going to have to beat your score now

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-01-30 17:58:50

guys beat this!
oh crap, you're dead! you managed to get 7032 points and you were at level 16 with 150 landed enemies. however, 35 managed to hit you. press escape to go back to the main menu. soon you will be able to post your scores and compare them with other players!

2015-01-30 19:19:20

Hello.

The portable version of the game is better for me. If you want, do setup file, but make chose for people between portable and installation.

And what about updates? If you update the game, where can I download it?

Regards

Vojta.

2015-01-30 19:58:06

good job on slowing the enemies down, but it's not better enough.
I still want a pause feature because I'm using cheat Omatic that allows me to cheat without having to close my game.
if this game had cheat codes, I'd have unlimited bonus items.

2015-01-30 21:06:34 (edited by ogomez92 2015-01-30 21:07:11)

well, just for this reason I think I may not add a pause feature. If you're going to cheat, well.. do it on some other game.
Once I add a send score to oriolgomez.com feature, I'm not going to want you cheating will I?

2015-01-30 23:09:32

Hello,
@nick: for this kind of game I don't think cheating will really help, because there seems to be nothing to gain from continuous pla accept higher score. If there was a story and you were struggling then I could sort of understand it, but I would seriously just use cheating as a last resort if I was so stuck on a level that I couldn't proceed. But this is a see how long you can survive kind of game, and is a bit ridiculous to cheat on this type of project.

2015-01-30 23:18:10

Yeah oriol, if you are going to  implement a send score option you're going to have to figure out a way to detect if the user has been cheating. I'm not quite sure how. Maybe put in some backup variables or something?

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-01-31 00:32:17

I changed my mind, I will not cheat.
go ahead and add a pause feature.
I think I can survive longer with no cheating whatsoever.

2015-01-31 01:43:10

oriol, perhaps you could ask aprone what he did? because towers of war had something where the game would close if it detected the game had been hacked using a memory editor, tried it when i was bored a while back because I wanted to try to see how fast I could just blow through levels

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2015-01-31 01:54:17

My guess is that he used something that bgt didn't have. And you probably shouldn't allow a pause feature anyway, because games generally don't last longer than liek 5 minutes for the longest games and that's just not long enough to justify a pause feature.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2015-01-31 09:01:14

yeah... I mean with a pause feature you could rest  your fingers from jumping. I shall not allow that. lol

2015-01-31 09:11:30

please add a pause feature.
I really need to rest my fingers.
I cannot go without a pause feature.

2015-01-31 09:35:28 (edited by ogomez92 2015-01-31 09:36:33)

Yes you can

New version out friends!
Added teleport bonus, press space to use it. and t to check how many you have
Definitely fixed bug with teleport where it would teleport you to a position right from the right boundary.
Greatly increased startup time, the sounds won't be preloaded now before they are used. If this slows down the game on your system, please let me know, but it shouldn't.
If you died while jumping, the jumping variable would not reset if you started a new game, so you would start the game in midair! fixed
The spawning timer was being started before the starting sound played... so an enemy popped right after. This has been fixed
I fixed a bug where, if you had shields and you avoided an enemy, it didn't play the landing sound.
There is now the possibility that the health bonus will give you a further 10 or 20 health.
tweaked moving speeds a bit

Changes in version 1.1
Fixed a readme inconsistancy, where I said that you are positioned at a 30 sized grid but its now 50.
You can now skip the death jingle and quote by pressing enter
link at the first post

2015-01-31 11:24:15

I got to level 10, but my arm was so tired  that I couldn't play. Lol!

2015-01-31 15:57:43

Hello.

I cought neutralizers, but I have got them without ending. Only 1 neutralizer and forewer shooting.

Vojta.

2015-01-31 17:25:14

This is actually nothing compared to troopanum... When I bought that and played it for the first time I beat the game straight away. Now this one you obviously can't beat, but it's very hard for me to even realise what's going on. I've never been really good at tapping the arrows fast so that might have something to do with it, but I don't even have time to realise which item I got, let alone use it. I keep getting to levels 4 or 5...

2015-01-31 17:41:04

Hi,
I like the game, but would it be possible to add a keyhook for Jaws users? Also, can I have the source just to muck around with? If you want to give it privately, my e-mail lis [email protected]. I'd understand if you don't want to give the source, but I thaught I'd ask.

2015-01-31 20:51:41

I will need a pause feature to be added.
go ahead and add a pause feature immediately.
I will still press escape to return to the main menu.

2015-01-31 22:35:09

Nick, do you go around giving orders to people? You're not going to get me to do things if you do this. Maybe if you were nicer and ment it, I would consider it. Actually, I will only even consider it if I get more requests from more people. I don't want to listen to your rude demands anymore.

2015-01-31 22:35:23

Hey nick, why don't you go ahead and add a pause feature immediately? See how rude that sounded? That's how you're coming off. Play the game for what it is. If he wants to add a pause feature, he will. Let it be now.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2015-01-31 22:37:11

New version out, guys. Finally with some voices, and language support!

Changes in 2.0
Game fully translated into Spanish!
Added a few more death quotes, so both Spanish and English have the same number of death quotes. We now have 36 death quotes!
Added multilanguage support. I'm very proud of my language support, because only voice files from the appropriate language are added to the sounds.pack file. And the sounds.pack file is only generated when the game is run from debug or source code modes.

2015-01-31 22:49:47

okay, I'm sorry I was rude about wanting a pause feature.
I'll just let it go for now.
by the way, how many languages does the game have?