2007-08-13 17:56:11

Anyone who's been knocking about on our forum lately might have run into Lyle, a most dedicated fellow bent on producing audio and text adventure games. When you head through this door to his site you'll discover one offering of each to keep you busy. The audio game is Solaris Prime, a frantic but strategical game of space combat. As captain of the good ship Xr1 you must attack and run away, ----- er ---- I mean strategically withdraw, to defend 9 star bases against a superior force of Xylon war ships. The game is still in Beta, so please discuss any comments, bugs, or thoughts about this game on our forum.

If you fancy something less frantic there is The Escape, a text adventure game in which you play a villainous old doctor who has inadvertently become mislaid in space with a certain smarmy family and their annoying robot.

More developements of Solaris Prime, more text adventures and more audio games are on the way as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-08-13 19:59:25

Awesome Lile!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-15 04:13:07

Thanks AG360. Getting the bugs out now. Found the infinite torpedos. Put in a couple SFX. Different shield hits for damage or not. Big boom for when one is destroyed. Fixing the end game and trying to corner my actress for a bit more recording. I don't have a mixer and that would be nice. Guess I'll do without it. Found a couple more bugs. I think your into making audio games is that right? Have you seen anything like this? I'm new to AG and came from a programming text hobby inviroment. So I image there is better. I know there is better text. But I wanted to make a quick theater style game. It is a bit tougher than I thought. Mine is not exactly what I had imagined it to be, but it is close. The more sound effects you have the bigger it gets. I'm amazed at the size of little sound clips. It adds up fast. No fixes upload yet. Dark gave a great feedback report. Thanks and keep hammering.

Step aboard those mighty ships, and set sail for distant shores.
But I have now lost track of it, in a time gone long before.
We can all get through this thing, some when, some way, some how.
But I was so much older then, I am yonger than that now.