2014-12-30 10:51:54

Hi,
I didn't get what exactly I have to do with the up arrow  in the tutorial......

2014-12-30 11:12:26

Yeah, this does look like a fun little game. I totally agree about the cutscene skipping. Also, I love love love the music. As an orchestral/trailer/anything of that genre fan, I think its fun. Also, I imagine the wooshy type sound you hear when your floating is supposed to be you being over the house? I have found it slightly challenging to line up with the house for some reason. If its supposed to be that way, awesome. If not, then yeah just a heads up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it always takes me a few trys to get on to the roof.

2014-12-30 11:49:48

Hello,
I've posted v1.02 (see the first post). Now you can skip the credits and the end scenes once the game ends, either because it's complete or because you lost.
@hanif: Yes, his spells are meant to distract you. Remember your abilities? Use them!
@Muhammad Hajjar Make sure you have the latest version!
@stefan_ilioaica The up arrow makes Lyriel float.
@cj89 The houses are challenging, because they are one step wide. Make sure you are always next to the house, float until you hear a woosh-like sound, let go of the up arrow, press right or left once and wait till she lands. You will get used to it in no time!
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2014-12-30 11:53:24

Once you can't go past the house, hold the up arrow untill you hear the whooshing sounds, then hit the direction in which you want to go once, then all you do is let go and you should float onto the house.

I don't know how you're suppose to surround the lord of destruction with your gifts, since you don't get that option.

In other words, you can't exactly press the control key to start using your gifts, they only work while you're on the roof of a house.

Unless I'm missing something.

2014-12-30 12:02:58

I just noticed a bug, gifts are supposed to regenerate but this is not the case.

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2014-12-30 12:07:20

I can't use my energy bolts at him, but I can use my shield to defend his attacks.
every time I press A, it says I need to regen first, or something like that.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-12-30 12:15:38

Hi, I have a question for you. I'm just curious what this is programmed in. Thanks

2014-12-30 12:20:16 (edited by robjoy 2014-12-30 12:21:14)

Hi,
kool_turk: Yes, you are missing something smile
@kruf: I am not sure what you mean. Gifts do not regenerate.
@hanif: You can use your shield, but you can't use your spells as you need to weaken him first. The reason why she says she needs toregenerate is because you run out of energy. Focus on your gifts!
@soundworx: PureBasic.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2014-12-30 12:30:57

I use the shield a lot, and I lost because I ran out of energy.
so, how to weaken him?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2014-12-30 12:33:47

@chrisfaelnar I have this sneaky suspicion that you're using Avast, right? Well, someone at Alwil software thought it would be a good idea to flag every single pure basic application as a virus and delete it. So, you will need to add AG to your exceptions, or temporarily deactivate avast while you play.

@everyone having trouble with the boss have you tried your other abilities? Walk around, press keys, see what happens. smile

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2014-12-30 12:34:42

sorry to double post but I can't press the control key while I am at the battle with the lord of destruction.
one of the abilities that I can use is only the shield, so I can't weaken him.
what to do? I can't give anymore gifts because she's not in the houses anymore.

2014-12-30 13:41:10

Hey Rob, or MR. Rob or whatever. Seems an awesom game, I think that I've heard about it from a very old moment or such. I'm downloading it and will give you my questions and feedback as I play.

2014-12-30 14:05:24

rob, how do i find the exe file of this game. Because after i extracted it, i cant find the exe file. Only the gda file

2014-12-30 14:05:46 (edited by kruf 2014-12-30 14:48:56)

But it's what i've sayd, energy will not come up when i try to focus on my gift.
Let me explain. When I meet a monster, I blocked his ataque with my shield before blasting.
I will then find a home. I listen through the window, and then I check with my energy with e key.  After that, I send my emotion with CTRL and the appropriate key. I check again my energy, it doesn't move up ever. Do you understand what I'm trying to show you?
@chrisfaelnar, i realy think your download fail... are you a small download with your connexion ? The file is about 136 meg.

Sorry for my mistakes, my nativ language is not English.

2014-12-30 14:11:58

I'm so excited. Downloading it now. big_smile

2014-12-30 14:12:49

Hi.

I've downloaded the game and the music and sounds are awsome, however I'm running into a very irritating problem. Lyriel tells me in the tutorial to land ontop of a house to give them a gift. Okay, I float until the extra woosh tells me I'm high enough, hit right once, land on the roof and walk along (I can hear Lyriel's footsteps on the roof), but nothing happens. I've walked all over that dam roof and I get no more instructions at all, it also seems I can't scroll right anymore until I've done whatever that scene is, but it's just not triggering, either that or I am doing something wrong.

I echecked my hight, indeed on one occasion I even held up arrow and hammered right until Lyriel stopped hitting the wall. I initially thought I was supposed to be aiming for the creaking door but then I realized that was only on one side of the house.

Any advice? I gather people have got further in the game than this, but it is slightly irritating, ---- the opening is amazing, but not when you've had to sit through it five times and can get no further big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-12-30 14:17:28 (edited by kruf 2014-12-30 14:21:57)

@dark, stay on the top of your roof. If you move, you drop down.
You must stay between the two whooch then release up key You will hear her foot hit the roof.

2014-12-30 14:28:03

Hmm, the boss is hard. I hear low bell tone at the center of the field, but nothing happens when I press control or d there.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2014-12-30 14:30:35

how to deactivate avast? nvda won't read the options

2014-12-30 14:51:29

hi.the voice and game are nice. the music too! I love that orchestra theme. keep it up

2014-12-30 14:52:46

Hey people, I noticed that you can only use the CTRL key if you are completely in the left of the devil.

2014-12-30 15:07:46

Thanks kruff, that worked fine, I didn't realize you slid off rooves if you hit the buttons too much and to land you just have to wait for the first ding, then hit left or right once and wait for Lyriel to touch down.

The scenes were great, and the combat I liked especially, particularly the need to play defensively and be quick with the shield, luring the demons in to their doom! big_smile.

The scenes inside the houses were efinitely nice, I particularly liked how once you had spread the love, you could look through a window again to see the good you'd done, people being creative or enjoying time together, very nice.

Beware! spoilage ahoy!

The only problem I did have was the lord of destruction, who sounded awsome! I can't wait to play this one on my sanheisa momentum headphones. I tried shooting him but was told I needed to weaken him first, so I tried the control key but nothing happens, and when I went close to try and get him he killed me and I got a game over, (which is annoying sinse while I'd lost a couple of times against the standard demons, I did have a full energy meter). I'll give it another try, though if it doesn't work out I might ask for a tip.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-12-30 16:04:25

hmm,i beaten this game finally,
this is the nice game!
oh yeah,when the next story out?

2014-12-30 16:24:29

Hi.
Wow, this game is awesome!
I'm also fighting the last boss. Find it pretty annoying to start from scratch because I fail, but I'll give it another try later on.
Wow the music, sounds and voice acting is great. The voices are sometimes drowning in the other sounds which sometimes makes it hard to hear in the tutorial. Keep up the fantastic work. I hope to see more games from you in the future.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-12-30 16:29:06

Hello.
this is a great game. great music and great voice acting.
however i have some questions to ask:
first, is there a way to turn the music volume down, because specially for non english speaking people like me, who are not really good at listening and because of the british accent of voice actors it makes understanding the dialogs allittle dificult. so the loud music sometimes makes understanding of the dialogs dificult.
second, does the games save itself or we need to finish it in 1 session?
and third, I'm really sorry, but when you are on the roof of houses and press control key to solve the problems, you could press p for peace and j for joy and l for what? sorry i know that it's for empty rooms but i cannt understand the prononciation of that word. load maybe?
sorry for my poor english.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.