2017-11-01 04:57:08

God damn it, i'm going to bed now and only just saw the message about the event. Ah well.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-01 12:00:31

if that doesn't work you can just change your screen resulution to something else. that iwll deffenetly fix it

2017-11-01 18:48:55

Anyone else ever play swamp with graffics on? For some reason, with either jaws or NVDA, every message repeats until I hit the control key. For example, arrowing through the menu would be like "Multiplayer game. Multiplayer game." Sometimes it repeats twice like that, or sometimes it just seems to go on and on, so I have to use sapi. Now I don't usually play with graffics on since I don't need them and can't use them anyways, but figured I'd mention that, as if showing sighted people the game I usually turn graffics on but have to switch to sapi which I don't really like doing.

2017-11-01 19:15:02

if you're using jaws press insert s until it says none. that stops it reading the highlighted text and stops it repeating all the time. not sure how you do that in NVDA.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-11-01 20:37:21

With NVDA, maybe try turning off the mouse echo? I think that's nvda+m?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-01 22:37:11

Ah, didn't know about that insert s thing in jaws. Will try that. Will also try insert m for NVDA though I usually don't use it with swamp so it doesn't really matter too much.

2017-11-01 23:48:03

there is actually a script for jaws in the jaws folder. think it's swamp.jcf. if you move that in to your jaws settings folder it should toggle that automatically.

2017-11-02 03:08:01

What jaws folder?

2017-11-02 04:29:33

Thanks for the tip about the compadibility setting. That fixed the spinning issue I was having on my Windows 10 HP Envie machine. I miss my old Dell laptop with the older style mouse. My computer now has the single trackpad where the entire square presses down, and I've never gotten this newer style of trackpad to play nicely with Swamp between firing and walking. I much prefer using a native laptop trackpad to a USB mouse!

It's fun practicing Swamp again after over a year of being away. The skills come back so quickly.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2017-11-02 18:40:42

in the start menu, go to jaws, then explore jaws, then explore my settings and past it in to the folder that opens. probably just as easy to do the insert s thing when ever you play it though.

2017-11-02 18:53:38

Hello Aprone.

Many people must ask this question to you.

You will update the Swamp?

When?

Many friends want to buy the account. But wait for a new update.

2017-11-02 19:23:37

Fabiano, if your friends don't want to play the game until there is an update, what specific features are they waiting for me to add?  I guess I'm not understanding what they are waiting for exactly.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-11-02 19:53:24

I've never messed around much with hard core mode before. What happens if I don't have a clan and I run out of food. Am I just stuck in one spot helplessly forever? I'm only at level 65, and 150 is a long way away! I still want to get prepared though. What tips do you guys have for a newbie to HC mode.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2017-11-02 20:06:20

You don't need ot be in a clan to play hardcore mode, and if you get low on food other palyers can give you some food, 100 every hour, and you can find plenty of food around the maps and also get food from missions.

And, Aprone, that was a cool event, deffo had a lot of fun on swamp the past couple days.

2017-11-03 00:09:23

I don't think swamp is being updated. At least that's the last thing I heard. If it is wrong and I hope it is, then swamp may be updated. Aprone, is it still damaged and no longer being updated?

2017-11-03 01:18:52

It's true that I am no longer working on any Swamp updates.  From time to time I may tweak, adjust, or even add some things to the server, but I don't have any plans for new client updates.  I've shifted my attention to making new games.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-11-03 01:51:32

But is it that you can't? Like is the server still currupt? I thought I heard some data was lost or something. Or was that fixed?

2017-11-03 03:48:08

Rory I would not be able to release a new Swamp update without doing a lot of work rewriting lost code.  I've chosen not to go that route, so instead I will be focusing on other game projects.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-11-03 06:04:44

ah ok that's what I thought, wasn't sure though, because I for some reason thought that because of that you could no longer do things like events on the server and such.

2017-11-03 18:20:25

AIUI, the server is OK, but the game itself was irrepairably corrupted. So no new features that require the client to change, which might include some bugs related to communication problems between client and server. Nothing new for SCS, no new equipment, etc. (Well, IIUC the server can still hand out renamed items like the Flying Dire Skull and the Candycane Launcher, but nothing permanent.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-03 21:16:03

I heard there is a campaign creator somewhere? Where?

2017-11-03 23:37:15

Severe storm steve has one on his site, or did at one time. It was kind of confusing for me though because you don't have the code in front of you so you can't see what your doing and sometimes I would forget what the hell I was doing, it also didn't work very well and is slightly out dated as it still talks about the winter jacket and other pieces of armor that are no longer in the game. It also doesn't really work with jaws, so I had to constantly hit insert 3 to pass the arrows through to the program. If using NVDA though all arrows should work fine. It was a pretty neat idea though, and for any non-programmers its nice because its basically a menu that you choose what you want to do from, like play a sound, display a message, etc. Also in case you don't know his site is stevend.net

2017-11-03 23:39:24

Oh, he also did a demo of it on his site somewhere, that's how I heard about it.

2017-11-15 03:46:40

Aprone,
How to get faster in the missions?

Has player that is very fast.

Reset points, help?

2017-11-15 11:48:53

wel. put points in speed and check out blackscreengaming.com . under the swamp sektion you can find recordings of smoke doing missions and get useufl tips, and you should deffenetly listen to the recordings and learn the wearhouse, follow the pattern and don't run in to walls. that's the advice i can give. learn the wearhouse that you're going to do missions in and practis