2017-07-07 11:26:58

Don't be soooooo sooooo sooooo boring dude

2017-07-07 14:06:11

Kai day is fun aprone fear not let's Kai LOL.

2017-07-07 14:08:45

A question, with the Kai day do we keep our stuff that we get? And would it go to the regular game?

2017-07-07 14:24:04

A Kai day would be amazing. smile

Errare humanum est!

2017-07-07 17:09:45

Look i see we have already had a nay sayer to this idea. And aprone if you are reading these and thinking oh god why must this keep coming up. We know its work for you. And you will probably not bother with this. But i remember the last kai day i was a part of.
The only kai day i ever got to do was so much fun. the largest number of people i ever saw on the server at once was that day. When i logged on that day there was a moment of pannic. Wear are my characters. Why am i level 1. But once i new what was going on it was awesome. 24 hours of just dumb killing fun. So for all the people that have never got to be a part of one i hope aprone you consider a kai day.

Words Are Hard

2017-07-07 17:54:26

I agree absolutely
a kaiday would be excellent
It has very fun!
meh, regular is kinda boring a bit
please consider make kaiday swamp master!
smiles

2017-07-07 20:44:48

On the other hand it may just be simpilar to put papers on maps no server files or whatever is required for a Kai day.  Whatever you decide aprone I'm looking forward to it Lwi love this game after a long hard working day.

2017-07-07 21:36:01

Whenever we have a Kai day, a good number of people are very happy, a good number of people are confused and panicky beyond all reason, a handful of people are quite upset, and in general the population on the server goes up.  Haha!

I did consider doing a Kai day, but instead I went to some older code I had started on a while ago, and spent a few hours finishing it up.  The result is a separate map on the server (you could think of it like how missions work) that is running a Kai day event!  This way people who want to play Kai day can, but those who do not want to do not have to.

From any safe zone open chat and type /KAIDAY to be transported into the battle.  The map should basically work the same as the normal Kai Day events, with the exception that I had to reduce the number of zombies and loot a bit to cut down on the lag it was causing.  Normally Kai day runs on an otherwise blank server, but now it is adding onto the main server with all the work it normally has to do.  So a small compromise that I hope won't even be noticeable as players check out the new Kai Day map.

When you log in after dying, you are returned to the normal Swamp maps with your normal skill points and inventory again.

There may be some unnoticed bugs floating around since it is new, but I'll work on solving any that pop up.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-07-07 21:43:18

Hi Aprone,

I sent you a PM.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-07-07 22:33:46

Thanks aprone, can't wait to try it.  How do I return to the normal map?

2017-07-07 23:28:35

Thanks aprone!!!  Do we keep our stuff we earn from the Kai day event  and how does one return from the map to do a mission.  If we don't keep the stuff it's ok just want to know.

2017-07-08 01:09:04

Stuff found on the Kai Day map won't be kept when you return to the normal maps.
To exit the Kai day event, just log out and back in.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-08 01:38:52

I replied to your PM @Aprone.

2017-07-08 02:35:48

Hey aprone, would it be possible to allow players to choose to become zombies? Maybe like a slash command after a certain number of loot points maybe? It could be something like /BecomeGiant or something, could this be done? Also i recently listened to your interview with blackscreengaming creater SmokeJ, and you said that you had to watch events constantly to make sure they work, is there a chance you could try to have events regularly such as every friday or something? It would boost the players a bit as durrings events are usually when the most players are on. I know you also did say you were pretty well done with swamp, the original anyways, so not sure my zombie idea could be implimented too easily but just a thought, might be interesting.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-07-08 02:40:53

This zombie idea of mine is mostly based on swamp tide, actually thinking about it now i don't really see how players being zombies would be any fun since pvp isn't part of the main game, but what if swamp tide was added as a mission players could lead? And instead of red and blue like ctf you could be human or zombie. What ever team wins would get all the reputation, and zombies and humans can not attack each other but only attack the other, so zombies can not attack zombies. Something to consider anyway, and it would bring back swamp tide.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-07-08 03:03:33

thanks for helping @Aprone

2017-07-08 03:21:31

i got to play swamp tide once, it was a hell of allot of fun, i've always hoped it would come back at some point.

also kai is not spwaning properly in the kai mart.  Right now it is just run in and die for no reason.  Also zombie strength stays for your level.  For example being level 800 something i lose 25% health per zombie hit i take on the kai map.  But if i recreate a new char at level 1 it is under 10% health loss per hit, which i assume is the normal.

Just tossing it out, but might be allot more fun if it stays around to give us like 10 or 20  skill points to play with when we start out on the kai map.

2017-07-08 03:25:17

I'm loving the event so far.  I notice that with Kai day event you cannot reset points after dying.

2017-07-08 11:05:45

Love the event aprone thank you. Although smoke has a point the level thing does make it very difficult. There is also very little loot for hc players.

Words Are Hard

2017-07-08 11:18:59

Thanks Aprone, this is fun, but agree with the other posts above, and right now it seems that Kai isn't spawning.

2017-07-08 11:42:43

Hey Aprone.  I do hate to conhirm this but Kai is indeed not spawning I made it through the store took a while LOL but I did and he's not there.  Also, a suggestion it would be cool if you could keep items after say finding and returning 100 Kai's.

2017-07-08 16:38:13

Thanks for letting me know guys.  I'm not sure when I'll have time today, but I will try to find a chance to look at the server and make some adjustments.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-08 19:12:46

Kai now correctly spawns.
I couldn't find a nice way of removing that zombie scaling situation, so to help I've set it so that players keep 33% of their skill points for each skill.  I'm not sure I like this arrangement though, since some players have so many points that even at 33% they Kai Day challenge may not be hard enough anymore.  We'll see how it goes.
I've also started everyone off with a short bow and some arrows, to compliment their starting glock.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-08 23:13:51

Tha^kks aprone Kain is indeed respawning.  I notice I cannot reset after I die should I do this before entering map?

2017-07-09 03:24:00

Deaths in the Kai day map are not like normal map deaths, which reset your skill points.  I suppose I may be misunderstanding what is meant... do you mean your skill points don't return after you die and go back to the normal maps?

- Aprone
Aprone's software