2018-11-14 15:46:40

I do like that idea. Similar power, different playstyle, relevant for tactical decisions...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-11-14 22:51:26

I had another idea whilst I was looting away up on S1 a short while ago:

On the subject of titles, which, I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, Aprone, but there's been some comments made regarding gender-bias, that is, the top rank being 'lord' doesn't really fit for female players.

I've just had the idea of, instead of that top title being forced to be a specific thing, how about allowing it to be a custom title? So perhaps another one of those trusty old / commands to set your title once you reach the top rank.

It could also perhaps be changeable at a later stage providing the player in question has X amount of quest credits.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, another idea which I had a few days ago that I'll just quickly mention:

An idea for a new zombie type, if there's ever any point when a new one would fit: a burning/burned zombie. If it were on fire it would certainly make it have very unique sounds and and would most likely be able to inflict high damage than most others due to, well, the fact they're on fire. big_smile

Hehe, I know it's perhaps a slightly odd one, but... mentioning it nevertheless.

I hope all's well.

2018-11-15 15:32:17

Somehow, the Flayer always made me imagine a Hork Bajir made of fire and ash. Or Lord Zedd's more blade-happy cousins. Could be both, I suppose.
How would a Burner interact with water? Fire? If it would be blocked from crossing deep water, would that require coding around that, or would they only appear far from multi1, sub2, or multi3, and it's on Campaign writers to deal with it if they want to bring Burners to wet places?
Ooh, actually, a Burner stepping in water, creating bursts of steam, could be interesting. If a bunch of Burners showed up on, say, Multi4, the steam could be so abundant as to make it difficult to hear anything else, which wouldn't be too unlike how that'd play out visually.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-11-15 19:20:04

A flaming zombie? ROFL

2018-11-16 06:14:34

big_smile

Yeah I know it's a bit of an odd one - I stated as much in the relevant post - but I just thought with it having a very different sound compared to the others, it'd make for a nice change.

In regards to fire and water not going together very well, I was thinking more for use on a map without water on it.

Another idea for a burning zombie could be... a new mission mode - hunt down the burning zombies! big_smile

Hehe. It could work similar to how the typical crate missions work now, but instead of collecting crates you've to find the flaming zombie on the map and kill it to receive a point for it, and the mission is completed when the specified number of points have been reached. Something like that at least. And there would only be one flaming zombie on the map at any one time, so you'd have to find it and put it out of it's misery.

I actually think that is quite a fun idea lol. Maybe make them be a bit tougher than the usual zombies, as well.

2018-11-16 15:21:53

I imagine anyone near them when they die is getting splattered with embers, so going after them in melee would be a bad idea. Would be interesting in PVP to have someone lure burning zombies into the enemies' path, since trying to save allies from them could just get said allies bURNiNATED.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-11-27 14:01:30

well it's nice to come back to swamp again. anything new?

2018-11-28 09:04:04

darren wrote:

well it's nice to come back to swamp again. anything new?

Have you read the changelog?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-28 12:49:22

well i been away for a couple months so what post has the latest changes or does aprone maintain that on post 1?

2018-11-28 14:47:07

Yeah, it's usually in post 1.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-11-29 10:55:47

ok gamererers prick up your ears this is a work round for the crate bug, if you press your kills key to check your kills and hear nothing press it until you do then drop the crates will count, no need for shooting endlessly or waiting 15 seconds to drop. the server lags so if you drop and they do not count although they count against your char, I have tested this method on several missions both hc and normal and it works 100 percent of the time.
so press your c key or whatever key you have to announce your overall kills til you here them then drop and bobs your uncle.

2018-11-30 18:55:04 (edited by dzsoker 2018-11-30 18:59:47)

hey guys... I switched to an ssd and now i try to put swamp back in working status. Just can't remember how did i do last time. I ran the checkup, ran both bats, tryed tu run it after every change, but stil runtime error. I have win7, direct x 11. Any idea what should i do? And an other question. Can we play swamp with a joystick?

2018-11-30 21:49:54

can someone buy me a paid swamp subscription? I don't usually ask for this sort of thing, and i am sad that my level 60 char that i got on a account will have to either be  imported or recreated. But the person who maintained the account is not puting time on it, saying that he just won't, not cause i did anything to him, or said something against him. I don't ask for this kind of thing just publically on the forum, if i remember this is my 1st time, actually! can somoene please help me out? Thank you!

2018-12-01 11:14:17

Hi.
@dzsoker: Try to download the game again. If you have downloaded the game from Aprones website, the files might be corrupted. There are some alternative links floding around. I also posted an alternative link long time ago, but I'm not sure if Aprone have put those in the first post.
@TheTrueSwampGamer: A gamer account is very cheep. 6 months for 12 dollars. Maybe a good christmas gift to yourself? big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-12-02 02:16:27

lol. Heres the thing.I can't!
I cannot buy anything

2018-12-02 03:04:56 (edited by SirBadger 2018-12-02 04:30:06)

@dzsoker if you're still having problems try using my self installing version and see if that fixes it. link is:

www.the-badger.co.uk/swampsetup.exe

that is patched to the latest version and should automatically fix the dll issues.

worth a try.
if that doesn't work try updating your direct X. I can't see that being the problem because swamp uses an older version but if you've recently reinstalled you could be running a really out of date version.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-12-04 14:19:06

#sirbadger, thanks, now it works. Also my question is stil that can we play with joystick? If not aprone can you somewhen add joystick controlls?

2018-12-04 22:37:38

hi is swamp down i try logging in i get to the point of hitting enter on the char i want to use and then it just says connection interupted and sticks me back in the main menu. if not any ideas please?

2018-12-05 13:29:59

hi all. sorry i don't know quite what the problem was but had to redownload swamp and it worked this time.

anyway i've had a thought. with introduction of zombie sinc, there's now an additional part of missions. as well as collecting crates, people can now guard propperly and smash swarms to help the searchers. but statistically they are not recognised for it. you can see how many crates people pick up overall but if someone has a low pickup rate then it doesn't look good for them. so can we have an extra stat recognising the guard role?

2018-12-05 17:21:40 (edited by Ace_3000 2018-12-05 17:23:05)

Aprone,

Playing as my HC character, Link,I've just been killed on M5 due to my mouse buttons stopping doing anything in Swamp - pressing either of them took focus out of the Swamp window and I'd have to alt+tab back to it, only to have the same thing happen again. I was being attacked by zombies and there was literally nothing I could do.

I'm not overly concerned about the normal things I had, but I would really, really appreciate it if you would please give me back at least my set of running shorts, running shoes and bunny slippers which I had on me. The other things I can loot for again but I've only recently been very kindly given those items and I lost them through something I could do nothing about.

If you want to check on the logs or something, it happened about twenty minutes or so ago, at around 15:00 GMT.

I know you don't like to have people asking for things back very often but I am feeling rather frustrated.

2018-12-05 18:22:36

yeah i saw you posting about that just a few minutes ago actually. not good.

2018-12-05 19:20:31

hi, has anyone written a guide explaining the different kinds of zombies and strats for some of the tougher ones, like the fuckin behemoth?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-05 21:53:49

but that one isn't even online yet?

2018-12-06 05:57:57

a. no its not
and b noone is willing to help?

2018-12-06 11:05:44

Most of them are a pretty straight forward matter of shoot it til it's dead, while running backward if it's close enough to catch you before it dies. If possible, take out the Dires and Matriarchs first, as they attract other zombies. As for the Behemoth and Raiders... let me know when you find something hmm

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.