2014-10-03 03:13:53

I like your game, but the levels are a little bit hard to beat.
I try to find the monsters, but then I get stuck in between the walls.
it's a dead end and I try to find another way around and I have to go south or north each time.
also did you stop developing the elemental tournament game since the link doesn't work?

2014-10-03 13:32:23

Hi,

I didn't get to level 30, that was someone else. I got to this second boss and am stuck now because of the switches.

Nick, you could blast the walls away with bombs. The small ones used with shift plus b blast away one wall in the direction you are facing, the big ones used with b blast away all walls in the direction you are facing. I play on easy and they are plenty of bombs lying around, so you should have enough bombs to blast a way in every level if you need it.

Best regards
Tikki

2014-10-03 18:23:21

Hi everyone.  Threeblacknoises: yes I did and I placed every file you sent in the game.  Sorry about the problem with second boss, I'll take a look at that and see what I did wrong.  Sorry there is no update this time, but I am working on some new content for the game that should add some replay value to the game.  At least I hope it will.  As for elementals tournament, I have not stopped developing it, however I have placed it on the back burner untell I finish with Candy Crashers.  The I will be going back to it and hopefully finishing the update I had in mind after the sujestions I got. 
nina0116

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2014-10-03 21:40:46 (edited by stewie 2014-10-03 21:42:36)

I just played this. The game is cool so far, but I am using a laptop keyboard with no numpad which makes the viewing of the map impossible. Is there any way a laptop keyboard layout mode could be added? Also the menus use sapi, which can be incredibly difficult to hear over the loud music for example in the upgrade shop.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-10-04 01:43:46

@stewie I had the same problem, what you gotta do is see if your laptop has a numpad simulator and find out how to use it, I googled my laptop model and found it does have one, so I play the game just fine now although with a little extra time

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2014-10-04 02:58:33

wow, this Thing is simply great so far. I am already excited about the new upcomming Content wich is now worked on. A question: In the second Level i am figh´ting with my laser against the demon shark. But why the hell doesn't it di? Sapi reads every time that he takes 0 damage. Otherwise it's realy funny. But it would be good if we could adjust the volume of Sound and Music seperately. Thank you for your help.
Best regards Niklas

2014-10-04 08:08:09

Hi Niklas,

depending on your attack rate, some monsters can only be damaged if you stand behind them. When you attack a monster from behind, it takes more damage. So try attacking the demon shark from behind. Alternatively, you could find to find some powerups in the level or upgrade you laser in the candy shop to deal more damage. There are quite a few monsters around with a high defense, so I found that I had to attack from behind a lot until I upgraded my laser.

Best regards
Tikki

2014-10-04 11:33:14

ah okay, thanks for the advice, will try this out.

2014-10-07 21:08:56 (edited by nina0116 2014-10-07 21:14:53)

Hi everyone.  Well its here, candy crashers version 2.0.  First off, I'm so sorry about the second boss fight.  It seems I forgot to place the switches in there squares, although I placed the sounds there.  Also I have added the ability to change the background music volume while in menus, As well as in the game.  Speaking of menus, I have now (finally) made it possible to use your screen reader in all menus.  Be sure to set your speech settings with the option in the start menu, aspecially the speech_delay.  I have added some keys to look around the map with what I call the explore curser.  The keys are noted in the readme file.  CutScenes will now wait until you press the enter key after one of the characters speaks, before it continues.  It is now possible to skip through the cutScene's dialog by repeatly pressing the enter key.  As for new content.  Every monster now carries a collecters card.  Much like the goblin card in entombed.  Once yu have collected a card, you will be able to view it, and any other cards you collect from the start menu.  These cards contain information about that monster that you (might) find interesting.  I am not done adding new content, but I wanted to get this out so you all could see what is beyond level 10.  Those cards I spoak of will be important when I add the biggest section of content I have in mind.  Also as I say in the readme file, I am working on a mod maker program that will allow you to play survival mode with your own monsters, and own treats.  As alwayse I welcome any sujestions, and I need to know if I have messed up with any other levels.  Happy collecting!
nina0116

2014-10-07 22:10:39

Hi,

cool, thanks for the update! I was eager to continue playing. This card thing sounds cool. I'm looking forward to see what content you planned next.

Best regards
Tikki

2014-10-07 22:47:48

I have the update, however the exploration keys don't seem to be working. Shift plus the keys still is moving my character.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2014-10-07 22:57:55

Hi everyone.  Stewie, I'll look in to that.  Its not subpost to move your character.

2014-10-07 23:00:19

It's as if the shift key isn't even registering, I hit shift and k and it will move the character south.

2014-10-07 23:45:39

Just a Suggestion: Maybe different sounds for the different Monster types or theier different attacks could be added? Only an idea if the Monsters have different attacks.

2014-10-08 01:01:25 (edited by Tikki 2014-10-08 01:04:04)

Hi,

the exploration keys with the shift key don't work for me either, though it's no big issue for me since I do have a numpad. But for others this is a problem of course.
I do have another bigger problem though. The keys in the numrow for facing another direction don't work anymore. I just stood in a corner and was surounded by monsters, but I was facing the wrong way and so couldn't attack. But I couldn't turn around either. It's not really possible to play this way, sorry.

I still can't use NVDA in menues, Sapi still talks there even if NVDA is used. And the settings still not save when quitting the game, when I selected Sapi for speech, the next time I open the game NVDA is used again.

Best regards
Tikki

2014-10-10 20:17:56

Hi everyone.  I have just uploaded candy crashers version 2.5.  The link is in the first post as alwayse.  In this version, I have changed the keys for moving diaganaly, as well as the explore keys.  Now you use the arrow keys to move north, east, south, or west.  To move northwest you now need to press the insert key.  Be a little patient with this key, it seems slow.  To move northeast you need to press home.  To move southeast you need to press end, and to move southwest you need to press delete.  You can now look around the map not only with the numpad (if you have one), but can now use the following keys.  Press I to explore north, press o to explore northeast, press l to explore east, press period to explore southeast, press comma to explore south, press m to explore southwest, press j to explore west, and press u to explore northwest.  By holding down the left or right control key when pressing one of these keys, you should turn to face that direction.  Let me know if this helps.  Now I have some new content to announce, well sort of.  It is now possible to create your own monsters, and treats for use in survival mode.  Include in this update is a program called "ccmm.exe" I have written instructions on how to use the mod maker in the readme file, so I will not reproduce it here.  For those bord with the default sounds in the game, this allows you to change every monster's sounds when attacking, taking damage, and dieing.  At least I hope it works, I am not able to get any other sounds to test this out with, so I am not sure if it works yet.  You are limited to only 26 treats at the moment, and you can only change a treat's name.  However I plan on change this in the future.  As alwayse I welcome any comments, sujestions, or problems for me to fix.  The next update will be a while in coming, unless there is a problem I need to fix with game.  I have only 1 big batch of content planned, and when that is finished and all problems are fixed, I will be going back to work on elementals.  Thanks everyone.
nina0116

2014-10-10 20:59:34

Hello
What is that beautiful song used for level 23?
you can hear it by going to the music folder and playing the file level23.ogg.
It's beautiful.

2014-10-10 21:33:05 (edited by stewie 2014-10-10 21:33:45)

The keys haven't been updated. The u, i, o, j etc keys still move your character, also the home insert end and delete keys do nothing. I see ccmm.exe in the folder, so this must be the latest version. It would be cool if the u i o j k l n m , keys still moved your character and shift was used for exploration, control for turning.

2014-10-10 22:57:32 (edited by bigdog 2014-10-10 22:58:19)

ok i noticed that when starting a game on novice i attacked an enemy on the first level and did 0 damage to him.  I think
i need to try the new version and see if it has changed.he had 5 defense.  Also when loading a save file after dying or if i even start a new game the values of enemies defense and attack seem to stay the same as when i died meaning that if i get to level 6 it saved tohose values when I start a new game whilest resetting my stats back to one so i can do nothing to kill these guys.

2014-10-11 03:25:04

I found a bug which crashes the game when all monsters are cleared. after you have killed the last monster, press shift-s and you'll hear the name of the first monster that you have killed when you started the level
and the game will crash. I don't mean it brings up an error, it ... just freezes with the music still playing.

2014-10-11 11:19:55

Yikes!
I just erased my folder where I stored the candy crasher game, so that I could download the new version. and after I extracted the game and ran it, I don't hear the monster names any more.  Was this meant as a patch to be installed over the existing version, or can I use it as a clean installation?

2014-10-11 18:18:06

Hi everyone.  For once I can post on Saterday.  I have no update for you, but I can respond to your posts.
whocrazy: level 23 plays the song "singing mountain" from the game "chrono trigger".
stewie: try deleting the game program and unzipping it again.  I just tested this, and the keys work for me.  I have no other idea why they're not working for you.
bigdog: I'll look into this.  Thanks for bringing this to my attension.
whocrazy: Yikes! that is something I never tested.  I'll get that fixed at once.  As for the game not saying monsters any more, do you still have the "Creatures.txt" file in the "default" folder inside the "mods" folder.  If so let me know, and I'll find a way to makesure the names show up again.  At least in story mode.

2014-10-11 21:08:38

what is the music from level 6 taken from.  I think it was one of the mario cart games.

2014-10-11 22:15:54

I just redownloaded the file from sendspace and extracted it to an entirely new folder. The u i o j l n m , keys still move my character, home, end, insert and delete don't either. Shift or control plus the keys does nothing.

2014-10-12 02:14:14

Yes. there's candy.txt, creatures.txt and a file called key.dat.
When I start the game in story mode, and something attacks you. it says "....... attacks you" instead of saying "monster name attacks you" and when using the explore keys, when you point on a monster, it says "100 health" instead of saying for example, Headless horseman 100 health.