2007-07-09 21:31:37

that's right, a long anticipated audio gaming event has finally come!  ----- is it me or have I been saying that a lot recently?

anyway, the first Beta version of thom Ward's Audio classic side scroller, Montezuma's revenge, has finally arrived in all it's rope swinging, monster fighting, temple hunting, treasure gathering, tag line generating glory!

And glorious it is!

swing over to the Usa games home page and grab it

And if you think this is good, just wait for the full version!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-07-10 13:29:52

This game is super super super. I  can't open any doors.

2007-07-10 15:36:00

Do you have keys? If you have a matching color key in your possession the door will automatically open when you get close enough. If you approach a red door and have a red key the door will open.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-07-10 15:38:39

Thanks. But the game is super.

2007-07-11 11:50:58

Hi!

Here are a few observations of mine on this game:
1. The sounds are just great. I mean, so great that I kill myself just to hear the dying sound. ;-)
2. Gameplay is fairly action-packed due to the many monsters.
3. The vanishing platforms are not that much of a challenge because they remain in place for quite a few seconds. How about a series of platforms with a complex appearing/disappearing pattern between them?
4. Some rooms, reachable only by climbing a rope almost to the ceiling and jumping in an unexpected direction, have that cool feeling of secret chambers. I love those.
5. I can understand a torch may be used only once ... but a sword?
6. Sometimes it sounds as if a skull would roll harmlessly over me. Is this a bug, or might the beast be dodging out of fear of my swords?

Greetings,
EternalG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2007-07-11 23:35:52

Well, I just started with this game today, and so far it seems really fun.  Onnly difficulty is that I know there is some way to get to a warp platform in the first level, because I accidentally got there once.  Only trouble is that I dunno how to get there again.  All I can do is get all the keys and about ten coins and kill one skull, as well as obtain a torch and a healing potion.  Help?  *smiles*