2018-01-01 01:29:06

This sounds like a great concept but I simply don't have the time to translate this software myself. For me, it just isn't worth the time and energy. I will stick to what I have, social media wise.

Journalist and gamer

2018-03-03 07:24:40

okay so I've been using klango and stuff and saw someone using this program on tt, but when I go to the download page it just takes me to the main page with the weird language. Can someone upload this to dropbox or something? I'd like to see what kind of stuff can be done here.
Thanks for any help

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-03-03 12:49:04

Hello!
I am happy you have got interested in Elten! Here is the link
https://elten-net.eu/elten_installer.exe

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-03-05 14:58:36

Hello... When I access the download page, there is no button. Can someone help me, please?

2018-03-05 22:48:38

The download link is in post 53, but here's the link again, just because:

2018-03-06 16:08:25

I'll only be able to download this when I get home.. Until then, could someone tell me what is in this program? I mean its a social network but what does it have?

2018-10-21 23:41:00

Hello!
So I found out that elten is being promoted in some threads on there.
So here goes my question:
What would you like introduced?
What problems are you guys having with the program or the community?
BTW, it wasn't cleared anywhere, but I am the moderator of the english forums as well.
So if there is anything wrong in the community please write to me. My username is nuno69

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-10-22 01:12:50

I really love the audio blogs feature. Now, when more English users sign on that would be great! Note to English users. Not all of the program is translated but things are getting far better in terms of translation. It has programs, meaning, games, for the most part, a clock, media services such as YouTube, with the ability to download 1 video at a time as an audio file if desired, A live chat feature, and more. I know the direct download link has been included in prior posts but I included it below, again. Make sure you have the installer download updates because it is not very clear on how to check for program updates. This is like Klango 2.0, so to speak.

Journalist and gamer

2018-10-22 02:23:34 (edited by SirBadger 2018-10-22 02:27:17)

installed it earlier but haven't had a chance to play with it properly. looks interesting though.

also, doesn't seem to work with jaws unless somebody knows a way round that. works with NVDA so I can cope. but I'd rather not have to keep switching if there's a way round it.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-22 05:44:37

From a discussion on "SBYW" strangely enough, JAWS 16 and later does not currently work with Elten do to Freedom not updating the driver for modern systems.

Thus, your best ways of using it are either via NVDA, SApi, or System Access.

In the upcoming v3 of Elten, the screen reader driver will be improved.

2018-10-22 05:48:53

BTW, look for the user "queenslight" if ya wish to reach me on there. smile

2018-10-22 11:14:30

If there are any utranslated strings, paste them there and I will translate as soon as possible.

2018-11-02 18:44:35

I like this. I mainly use it for YouTube, as it loads the video from the server like the YouTube Client on the older BrailleSense devices does, so no Adds, and I can download videos just as fast. I do wish you could get the search box again without having to close and re open YouTube. I also wish we had a wikipedia browser. That is a feature from Klango I miss.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-11-30 19:52:13

you know, it would be nice to have the ability to use the program as a podcast feed browser and player. I'd also love to see a web radio feed browser and player too.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-12-17 17:39:31

So, I just started seeing an issue where now Elten doesn't start on my computer at all. It just sits there, doesn't even get to the version number. I tried uninstalling and re installing, running as admin, etc, but it won't run anymore.

2018-12-17 17:47:00

okay, now it opens but I can't get into the menu anymore

2018-12-20 10:40:09

HM, alt not work? If not, please write to the main author at [email protected]

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-12-20 10:42:01

And if you have propositions for the application i recommend write it on Elten forum.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2019-08-28 22:43:41

UP
New client here
http://elten-net.eu/download

2019-08-28 23:22:26

Hello! I've been using this thing for a short time, and then stopped cause my windows got a reset. And yeah, I'm a lazy bastard big_smile but well, downloading it again.
I have an idea though. Lots of hungarian fellows would try it out I guess, but a lot of my countrymates don't know english at all. So I've been thinking of translating it into hungarian. I sterted it once but then I lost it, guess what, just forgot to save it before resetting.
So if a hungarian sees it, then a surprise is coming in the, um well, near future I guess, and if I'm ready I could send it to the main administrator.

2019-08-29 18:19:27

I am defenetly trying this.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-08-29 18:41:42

@70 talk to pajper about this. He's the main admin and he speaks english, so he can answer your questions. Write him an Elten PM if needed. Also you weren't the first hungarian to make an Elten account, so maybe you could find your countrymates in the userlist and join forces?

2019-08-29 19:37:59

There are no games here. How to play games. And also, I don't know what are those programs that you can install because they are in polish and also, changelog is still not translated.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-08-29 19:41:17

Yeah, that's true... Those should be translated.

2019-11-29 06:18:32 (edited by queenslight 2019-11-29 15:32:46)

Now At Version Two

Since there's been so mush happening with in Elten lately, I probably should give yall a heads up.
NB. All info listed below, is "public knowledge."

• The latest public version of Elten, is now at 2.3.5 (though an update from v2.3.4.1 from inside the client is required.)

• Since July of 2019, you are able to create your own communities, both voice and textual.

• For now at least, the Media Catalog has been squash and most likely may never make a return.

• In the next update (version 2.3.6), audio calling will be coming to the Elten platform.

• Want to work with sound themes easier? You'll be able to replace files once 2.3.6 comes out.

• Not sure when this was added with in the 2.X series, you can now have multiple blogs.

• Bugs wit recording audio, have been squashed.

• If you visit the Download Page for the Elten Windows client, you can now make a customized portable version.

• New English web site is forthcoming.

• Concerned about folks logging in to your account? You can now use Two-Factor-Authentication" for authorization.

And with that, I think that's it.