2014-08-07 13:40:51

Hello All i have just found this site and this is obviously my first post so forgive me if it breaks any rules.
The game is a  three in a row type of thing.
To move a square select it and then tap on a adjacent square.
The object is to make horizontal and vertical lines of three of the same colour.
There are blocks which can be destroyed by dropping them to the bottom of the board.
They will appear at the top with increasing frequency.
To complete a level you need to make a certain number of each colour lines.
These are found at the bottom of the screen in row.
Here is the drop box link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7ek1ix4uncyv0m/Stones.apk
any comments please message me here.

John.Woodside Apps

2014-08-07 22:33:50

Hi there. I will try this game out on my Nexus 7 FHD. I will also try to give as much feedback as i can if needed.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2014-08-12 14:12:06

Correct me if I'm wrong,
But you say color like its a game you have to play with sight? this is a forum for audio gamers, who are blind.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2014-08-13 08:37:19

Hello and thank you for your interest in our app.
The app has been designed to be played by blind and VIP
people as it uses the Android service Talkback and Explore by Touch.
The current BETA has now expired but a new one will be posted soon.
I
John.Woodside Apps

2014-08-13 16:52:40

Any board game created for sighted users can be accessibilized also for blind users.
If you see for instance a Yahtzee game where only the dice are not announced by TalkBack because they are images, you can ask the developer to add a contentDescription for those images.

Below is a message you can send to a developer to ask him to make his app or game accessible without changing design, without appearing something on the screen which can disturb sighted users.

If you would like to make your app accessible for blind users, you can do it in 5-10 minutes without changing the GUI.
Blind users read the interface using a screen reader (Talkback) which cannot detect an element like TextView, Button or Image if there is no an android:text or android:contentDescription attribute in a XML Layout file.
To add a text to a TextView or Button, you can write as attribute in the XML Layout file:
android:text=”My text”
To add a text programmatically, there is a method – .setText(). If you have the object tv as TextView, the line below adds a text to it:
tv.setText(“My text”);
This text is visible on the screen.
There is also the possibility to add descriptions only for Talkback, they don’t appear on the screen.
There is the attribute for an XML element:
android:contentDescription=”My description”
To add a description programmatically, use the method .setContentDescription(). For instance, if you have mImage as an ImageView object, you can write:
mImage.setContentDescription(“My description”);
This method is good also if you have buttons with graphics instead text on them.
Following the steps above, it is possible for a blind user to read an image like a die, or a card in games like Yahtzee or Black Jack.

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other Audio Games and programs, visit www.scripts.pontes.ro!

2014-08-14 08:49:30

Thank you for the advice i hope it helps others to develop
accessible apps in the future.
I am the developer and i am registered blind.
As a consequence i always develop apps that are fully accessible
to the blind/vip community. The app in question is a game
so it has been designed to be accessible to all users no matter what
level of sight they have.

Many Thanks for your interest.
John Woodside Apps

2014-08-15 18:50:04

I've installed the game and I like it. It is accessible and it seems to work correctly.
I would like to have a More option menu where to choose options like: New game, Instructions.

I am glad to meet another Android developer, maybe a topic where to talk about Android programming by blind people would be useful on this forum.

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other Audio Games and programs, visit www.scripts.pontes.ro!

2014-08-19 13:44:25

Thank you all for your interest in our app.
Here is the new BETA.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kk0ef10wt3y4mg/Stones.apk
All comments welcome.