2015-05-28 07:40:06

Do i need to create a scout tower? so that i'd be able to know the location of the enemy? is that what you mean?

2015-05-28 08:24:18

I mean, you can send a small number of high mobility units to the enemy's position, such as the traditional racial cavalry, the technical race of the flying unit. After the discovery of the enemy can consider how to attack the enemy, if you want a quick fix on the concentration of troops rushed over, if you want to steady it slowly approached the enemy, limit the enemy's development, for example small number of troops to harass the enemy, to disturb the enemy's mind.

2015-05-28 13:31:34 (edited by chrisfaelnar 2015-05-28 14:13:21)

O i forgot. Also i have a question about the canon tower. Why i can't control it? If i press q and press A, it says nothing. I have a suspicious that the canon tower will recharge after its attack on the enemy. And also is it possible that the recruited peasant can attack the other allies? for example i want to attack the knight using peasant. Is it possible to happen? And also about the priest, Is there a way to regain back their mana after they use some spell? And do i need to create a lots of farm to gain food? I think that would be all. Thanks for answering in advance. Best regards.

2015-05-28 17:17:47

Control tower Canon meaningless, because he is defensive buildings, the area adjacent to the attack ground targets, equivalent to cannot move the trebuchet. About you want to attack your allies or to attacking itself are can be achieved, for example, for example, you want to hit with their own farmers own knight, first of all farmer in D control and press tab to find the knight in press Ctrl + backspace, attack our allies is such, Ctrl + back bond lattice is very wide, such as you in A1, A3 you want to go, but the enemy in A2, we control the unit find A3 and press Ctrl + backspace, your units will not fight the enemy, but ignore the attacks of the enemy rushed to A3. CTRL + backspace key called injunction, for example we want to withdraw his troops in the battle, we will control all units, press Ctrl + backspace, so they pulled back, if the direct press to back bond lattice they would not withdraw back. About the priest, the priest's mana is unable to complement the, consumption is not the, access to food is, of course, the construction of farm, farm more more and more real, but some map is physical limits.

2015-05-29 15:19:18

Ok. Now i think i understand. But sorry but another question. what does the rally means? and what location can i use the rally button?

2015-05-29 16:08:43

For example, you want to let the city hall inside the farmers recruited out after mining, us to press the tab to find gold. Then according to w find tab, and then of the city hall find aggregation button then press enter, then you recruited out of the farmers will automatically go to the mining, if you want to let the recruitment of farmers to another region, then press the cursor keys to find a region, then city hall found there assembled the enter button, then recruited out of the farmer will automatically to to the place you want to go

2015-05-29 16:53:21

I have a suggestion that can not participate in the game can also watch the games of others? The current version we must participate in the game, the losers can watch games as a spectator, not to participate in the game, watch the entire game it would be good if we could, we can explain the entire battle.

2015-05-29 18:20:28

Yes, why not? This is similar to the "persistent games" issue, because it would require to send the state of the game to the player.
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts/issues/52
It's already possible to replay a multiplayer game though, even if the spectators won't be able to comment as soon as the game ends.
Also, I think that some games allow the player to replace the computer.

2015-05-30 03:55:58

Yay! For the first time, I defeated the enemies. Wahahahhahahaha i love this game

2015-05-30 05:45:07

When you are proficient, you will have your own battle pattern and style.

2015-05-30 08:19:05

And an interesting idea, as we all know, the map of each box are the size and trebuchet and grenade launchers such long-range weapons can attack the adjacent squares, but they are attacking the box, if we can let him attack only half of the adjacent squares, such as A2 is 9 meters and trebuchet attack only to adjacent squares 4.5 meters place, or can only attack to the adjacent squares 2 meters of place, this will more interesting.

2015-06-01 16:54:14

Actually this is probably already done in the development version that I couldn't release on September 2014.
The commit is called: "now units will fire to another square if the target is close enough".
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts/co … f5e85820a9

2015-06-02 17:14:23

Adding a weather factor, such as the storms and lightning, will have an impact on the army, and these disasters can be predicted by some means..

2015-06-03 15:49:16

hi,
how can i use soundrts with jaws 16?

2015-06-04 07:21:53

Sound, one doubt. What libraries and ssystem do you use in the soundrts to comunicate with the speetch systems in Linux and OSX?
For windows what library do you use? directly comunication with universal speetch through python ctypes?
thanks.

2015-06-04 09:55:56

How long will the new version of the game release?

2015-06-04 14:54:42

In Windows SoundRTS uses ScreenReaderAPI by default (or SAPI 5 with win32com if srapi=0). In Linux it uses Speech Dispatcher. In Mac OS X it uses NS Speech Synthesis.

At the moment I'm slowly restarting the development. I'm examining a pull request which might take a week at least, maybe a month because I'm also progressively refactoring the code to make it more maintainable. Then I'll have to read all the commits done since the previous release and decide what is left to do, and do it. This might take about a month.

2015-06-04 16:20:24

It's great, we can't wait to release it..

2015-06-04 16:38:29

Sound mud, where is the documentation for NS Speetch syntecis api? I look it in the apple official documentation, but I can't find it.
Respecting the ScreenReaderApi, is directly a python library? O you've to wrap a c++ library through ctypes.

I can review the code, but is faster ask you this xd

Thanks for all.

A, Soundmud, if you're refactoring the code, can you try to put more comments in to the code? explaining the main functions and classes?
I tried understand the model, but isn't easy without some basic orientation.

Well, thanks for all. currently I forget all the changes that you've made before the out year.
hmmm I think that they are... The sub square maps, the mod packaging system and the mod store built in soundrts, the new range attack system (only consider the range of the unit, and not the special range option. if one unit have more range that the size of a square, can reach adjacent squares xd. And, a minimum range to shoot)... and... I forget more things x3u.

Well, the engine looks very good xd.

And currently Sound any people try this, but with the current state of the game, is possible build for example, a mova style game, or seudo RPG with click and pointing system.
If you don't note this, currently soundRTS are converting in to a Strategy in real time game engine for build different game styles, with some features in common, but can have various differences if the people can do interesting things with styles and more.

In future, if i can, I try to add some sounds and background music to the menus. Currently the presentation of sounRTS is... poor. It needs to be more attractive to the people in it's starting point.

2015-06-04 16:39:44

Can access to food be widespread?
For example, by hunting to get kind, that is, there will be the map of the beast, players can hunt, similar to the drifting person.

2015-06-05 16:42:38 (edited by SoundMUD 2015-06-08 16:33:06)

A food system like in Age of Empires would be nice, for sure. It's not an immediate priority though.

About NSSpeechSynthesizer, the code is very small. It seems to use a library called AppKit:
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts/bl … sspytts.py

The great documentation from Apple about NSSpeechSynthesizer is there:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac … TP40004114

The code about ScreenReaderAPI:
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts/bl … pipytts.py

For a MOBA game, SoundRTS would require the ability to manage a kind of inventory, a merchant's store, etc.

2015-06-05 18:06:02

Hello sounmud, thanks for the documentation. I try find it through the apple documentation about accessibility or text to speech, but they never mention the NS speetch directly. Thanks, I need it for a little work.

Respecting the mova system, well. Sure that these things are necessary for a complex mova, but for a little map that it's objectives are kill some minions, destroi the main building of enemy, managing one or two heroes that can level up, implement this isn't impossible with soundrts.
For example your character can evolve in start to a specific class, for have one or two abilities and stats, and you've to walk through the map, destroying some minions, and when you destroy it, you be able to recolect some resources in the map (the character inself is a store_resource) and when you've have a lot of resource, you can evolve again. etc.

Well, this is simply an idea of the possibilities that you can do with your engine xd

Continue with this great an awesome job

2015-06-06 12:35:31

Come on, I and my friends are digging a variety of strategic skills of soundrts, the current strategic skills of soundrts is still relatively small, I hope this update can increase more strategic skills

2015-06-09 07:19:09

Sorry? the amount of current strategies are small?
In crazymod, with 7 or 8 (i forget  he number) races, the strategies are alot. All of them depends the time of the match that you are, the style of the map if is close, open, with neck bottles in the entrance of main base, deppends if your oponents have good anti air army but bad ground forces, with good scouting, good manaje of skills of all units... etc, etc.
If you compare the current soundRTS with crazyMod, is nearby than Starcraft. Hte only things that is necessary implement, more kinds of skills for different units. But more?

With more things, you easily can break the spirit of a RTS game, and this isn't the idea.
Good job soundmud, continue with this awesome engine!

2015-06-09 10:54:12

Well, I feel that the race is not balanced, and I may play a little map.. Now I feel is the most powerful race technology, whether it is offensive or defensive is impeccable, elves lack the area adjacent to the attack, although the meteor of skills, but race technology fundamental reaction not to come over, orcs previous air force is too weak, although there was thunder and lightning, the skills, but the too late. Elements of the development is too slow, there may even buildings are not built was destroyed, traditional racial early strength in the air is also very weak, mid trebuchet is slightly better, but race technology sent a lot of spy past tear gas, and bombers immediately thereafter, racial tradition is blocked and need kind. Wild race needless to say, the supply of more physical, or stop the construction of the farm, the robot also needless to say, only individual map to fit the robot race,. So together, race technology the most resilient, almost all the map technology race can enjoy the play, in contrast to other race is not like this, only the individual map is suitable for their.