2007-03-30 01:43:53

Hello All Members Of The Audiogames.net Forum(*ignores spam bots),
Wow... It really has been quite some time since anyone has heard anything from Dragon Slayer. There was a 2-month period after last website update that everyone was vigorously working on Dangerous Waters, but then a crazy month of febuary(moving for me and such) really put me out of it. Luckily, my loyal betas and sound-designers were kicking there own rear ends in my absence.
Currently, Dangerous Waters is under another revamp. Everytime we think we are approaching the end of the road, someone comes up with a great idea or another improvement which starts the domino effect: more ideas, more improvements, and before you know it, you're buried in work again.
If you are creating any speculations by means of that ancient audio demo, give it up! Dangerous waters has evolved like mankind itself. To uncover a bit of this mysterious project, there will be some extended information including a revised storyline posted on the website. I do remember posting up a rough draft of the story(it hasn't really changed, just has been expanded), but that has been long lost in the archives.
Until then, you can dream of these wonderful features:
Complete audio environment(no text)
Mostly one-key commands to keep game play simple.
Multiple levels with puzzles to crack.
(hopefully) amusing and definitely high-quality audio movies.
Unlockables: extra dificulty level(are 3 to start), minigames, cheats, and a final level!

DSG thanks you for your patience.

2007-03-30 07:25:26

yay, keep up the good work. that's all i wanted to say.

2007-03-30 09:32:10

Hi Sk8.

I tried to mail you a while ago regarding my beta duties. i'm stil ready, willing and most deffinately able to do more testing, so please get back to me asap when you've got something testable, same address as always.

to everyone else, I can say that the early beta I tried didst rock most mightily! and low and behold! a ful and complete game aboundeth with yet more features and cool stuff!

I will freely confess, I'm sitting here feeling very smug about the fact that I'm a beta tester, simply so that I can get my greedy litle mits on this game slightly earlier!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-03-30 14:47:12

Well, thanks dark!
Recently, email has been cruel, but I will let you know when the next beta is out.

2007-03-30 19:00:12

keep up the work, and we will as well!
yes, folks. be prepared. be aware. keep those bullets ready... get ready for jumping the drains... face your enemies... lots of them. and just be ready for one of the best games yet. for the programing language ("just basic"), it's the best i think. i thought just basic could only do text based games. i'm wrong. very... very... wrong.
that's all i have to say, and hopefully soon you will all be able to play the game that we've been playing and enter... dangerous waters!!!

2007-03-31 01:09:58

Well, I'm afraid you missunderstood what dark said: he is already a beta tester; the time to become a beta tester is long-passed(months). However, if you like what you see(ha ha) in Dangerous Waters, we will always need more testers for future games.

2007-03-31 03:09:25

Ok, then. Dark, why not, when you get your beta, do a casting of the pod? (podcast...)

2007-04-02 21:51:08

Then it wouldnt really be a beta! But, sk8 in futuristic versions of dangerous waters, I would like to be a beta tester to...

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-04-02 23:25:19

Well as long as it's less tedious than Elemental Battle or Dragon Warrior. Don't misunderstand me. That's saying nothing about the developer. It's just that I beat Dragon Warrior in about twenty minutes if even that, and I quickly got bored with Elemental Battle. Incidentally, Dragon Warrior is actually the name of an old NES RPG,  a series actually, so I hope for your sake that Enix, the company that develops those games, doesn't somehow get wind of that. Granted the DSG Dragon Warrior and the Enix Dragon Warrior are two entirely different games(although at first I thought the DSG one was going to be a remake of the NES game), but it can still be misleading. But needless to say I beat the game on my second time through. That and I'm not big on games that require me to use a screen reader. That's why I never picked up Trek 2000 or Lone Wolf.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-04-03 00:20:30

I'm happy to here your honest opinion. Dangerous Waters has no need for a screenreader whatsoever(accept for the readme).

Andy: Being a beta matters a lot. Many people wouldn't like bugged up games or super-spoilers(more the developer on the super spoilers part).

2007-04-03 02:30:28

Personally, I feel that the develope has the right to keep his own council here. If he chooses to give out hints about what's coming then more power to him. If not, you'll just hve to be satisfied. I'm not particularly excited because to be honest that style of game has never been of much interest to me. This isn't to say I wouldn't give it a try, but it all depends.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-04-03 07:32:00

my thoughts are what's about the game. or my little thought
the waters will be dangerous
smile

2007-04-04 12:55:43

brian:
the game is much better tan dragon warrior and elemental battle. it has quite a lot of replay value.
and it blows the other dragon slayer games out of the water (no pun intended). i'm actually thinking doing a little review, but not beating the game. kind of like what liam did with judgment day. though, the game on easy can be beaten in about perhaps 10 minutes, on other difficulties it gets harder and longer, but i won't say wghy.

2007-04-07 19:39:27

Aaron's views and experiences reflect mine; what he said is what I would have said, so there is no point in being repetetive.

2007-04-08 02:06:52

Well please excuse the lack of replying, being at home over the weekend and significant network mess ups are the reasons for this.

I generally agree with you Brian, I don't particularly like my screen reader in audio games, ------ with the exception of lone wolf (though usually here I prefer to use Sapi because the speech delay and other factors with Orphius don't seem to work).

Of course, full on interactive fiction and online Rpg's are another matter entirely.

but to get back to Dsg, Dangerous waters is entirely self-voicing, with some really great audio. It's also progressive, rather than repetitive and features a large number of puzles, ---- with even more being packed into the game than in the beta I tried it would seem.

As far as reviews and the like go, I'd certainly considder casting a pod about the game when it is released, but any pre-release info is totally up to Sk8 sinse he's the actual person doing all the developement work, and that counts audio previews as well.

I'd be happy to do a preview podcast about the game when it gets closer to release (certainly the beta version I currently have is well and truly behind in developement terms), but as I said, what information I give out will be entirely up to Sk8. It'd be a real shame if myself, ----- or anyone else, let slip a major puzle solution in a preview.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-08 19:49:13

Well dark, we are needing a preview pieced together very soon, so check your email, updates are coming very, very soon.
For everyone else:
Check the dsg website, there's a detailed update with storyline posted!

2007-04-11 07:50:28

Well, doing a preview shouldn't prove any trouble at all, I'll look forward to it.

2007-04-17 15:31:13

Hi,
When do you think dangerous waters will be out??

2007-04-18 22:51:46

Oh, I'd say by at least 2010.
Realisticly, the game is approaching final beta testing stages, but we all know things can go backwards if someone brings something major up.

2007-04-18 22:57:35

probably in a month or so. I will ask Dragon Slayer Games. Keep up the good work on Dangerous Waters!!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.