2007-03-14 00:44:20

Hi everyone.
Today there is an audio demo of the game and it just sounds very cool. The direct link to download the demo is at:
http://www.pcsgames.net/Sarah1.mp3
Check it out.
Game Man

Game Man

2007-03-16 23:22:01

Hi,
I have just herd the audio demo, and it sounds really really really really really cool!

2007-03-17 04:25:59

Hmm...I've listened to the demo, and downloaded the game itself. This is definitely a game I wanna fiddle with.
Some of the sounds seem really well-done. Others are a little choppy in my opinion. They all work well enough.

I do wish that walking around was done more like TechnoShock (that is, pressing down-arrow while walking forward would stop you or have you stop after backing up a pace, instead of just changing walking speed). I also wish I had a bit of an idea what to do! *lol* I've found a bunch of stuff, but none of it terribly useful yet.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-03-17 04:45:07

I actually got my registration key this evening. Well, my second one, from Draconis Entertainment, which is where you buy the game. My first was generated based on an incorrect user code (how this happened i'm not sure since I supplied the correct one in my Email to Draconis), but Phil was kind enough to generate me a new key this evening and it worked. It's not often that I'm sufficiently impressed with a game to purchase it on the basis of a sneak preview, but this was one of those rare times. The only thing I don't like is that you can't save until you find a certain item, but no ints are given as to where it might be. It'd be a lot easier to collect the rest of the objects needed to enter the rest of the castle if a hint were given as to where the necessary saving item is. It's a Time Turner in case you're wondering, and I haven't found it as of yet.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-03-17 05:19:51

Hi
I agree that some of the sounds are okay but some just needs to be a bit better quality and I find that sometimes when the neo speech voices are reading stuff, it sounds like it is aliusing or it could be artifacts but I'm not sure.
Game Man

Game Man

2007-03-17 10:14:36

Hi,
How many levels can you play in demo mode?
Thanks.

2007-03-17 12:12:36

One. The first "level" onsists ofthe ground floor, entrance hall and basement.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-03-17 15:40:17

I -REALLY need to re-setup Paypal again. There are, like, three or four games I want to get hold of. One I'm leery about because of the past, but the others I'm all over. *lol*

Slight
spoilers
Ahead

I've found a flute, a glass ball, a length of string and that's pretty much it. I've also found laughing suits of armour which confuse me, and it seems to me that sometimes the caretaker sneaks up and gets me with absolutely no warning. No cat, no footsteps, no voice...nothing. And Peeves has been known to pop out of absolutely nowhere (though that, I can deal with).

Also...this seems like a really freakin' huge game with a lot of neat tricks, but I haven't found any hints yet. Is the mirror actually worthwhile, for instance? What, if anything, can/should you do about the huge wine bottle with the cork in the basement, or the statues on the first floor?

Hmm...back to the Paypal thing.

2007-03-18 03:36:07

Well, the suits of armor are probably just there for atmosphere. The mirror is a mixed back, since you don't know what Dobby's going to do when you use it. He might either give you a hint about something in the castle or just say something pointless. As for the statues, they're secret passages to which you ned the passwords. You get these by finding and using the Marauders' Map, which is unluckily in Filch's office. However instead of actually trying to break into the office you might stand just outside the door and try a certain charm to help you get what you need...

2007-03-18 10:26:35

Are all these things possible in the demo? I'm fairly sure I got that map once, but didn't know what to do with it. Either that, or I got something else similar.

It's easy to get lost in the area I'm restricted to, because I'd swear there are multiple stairways.

2007-03-18 12:35:55

There's a new preview available at the PCS Games website.

And after hearing that I've got two remarks:
- I think that I'll get lost pretty soon even in the demo level.
- Some things are a bit confusing, e.g. the description of the room that you're in. In SOD it works fine, but in this extended environment it could be a bit too long to follow.

2007-03-18 20:05:59

No Jade, you're qute right. THere are multiple stairways that lead to the same place, but considering that there were over a hundred staircases in the Hogwarts of the books---well, you get my drift. But it does make for harder navigation. You can get the map and mirror in the demo. The mirror is pretty easy to get. Enter the basement via any staircase and Dobby will appear and give it to you. AsI said, you can get the map b standing outside Filch's office and using a Summoning charm. That way you don't have to try playing hide-and-seek with him. You have to avoid him enough as it is.

2007-03-19 18:05:51

Blah. I figured out a couple more things but first off, my rating is still Dreadful and second, it seems as if every new area you try to unlock (including secret passageways, I figured them out) just gets you to a screen where it tells you the demo's over, basically. *grumbles* This is a game I want to spend many long hours messing with.

Am I to assume that in the demo version currently, the caretaker comes along and busts you after a certain amount of time (fifteen minutes, say?) If so, I think that should be taken out. We're already seriously choked, and it's my opinion that allowing for a demo where you can play as long as you want is even more enticing than a limited-time demo. We are, after all, unable to do anything much in the basement, period (there's nothing really down there except one item), and the real treasures of the first floor are blocked off to us. I dunno...

2007-03-20 23:02:05

Don't assume that you can play a whole game just after a few tries. However, I agree that Sarah is really huge (I mean the game!).