2013-06-17 19:05:47

Hi. Could someone post the latest scrolling batles with sounds? THe update doesn't have sounds and the 2.9 says page not found.

2013-06-19 01:14:10

Hello,
I have updated this whole service.
The latest version now is 3.3
Go here
http://mtgstudios.6te.net/sb/sb.zip

Thanks much,
Mason

2013-06-19 09:41:53

Interesting. So what's the news?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-06-22 06:17:06

a lot and lot. too much to say.

Thanks much,
Mason

2013-06-22 08:24:49

Hey Mason, got an interesting bug for you, i don't know if anyone else has experienced this bug other than myself.
I got the newest version installed onto my windows7 laptop, and i set my name. After that, i pressed enter and it looked like it was loading. However, it loaded more than just the game, it loaded my window-eyes screen reader automadicly. I use both NVDA, and Win-eyes as my screen readers for different things, not at the same time of course, and everything got quite wacky when window-eyes loaded on top of NVDA, not to mention it was very surprizing, nothing was being red to me that much. Not sure on what could be causing win-eyes to load automadicly, but i just thought i would report it as it renders the game unplayable for me.
Note, on my xp machine i have win-eyes and it works purfectly for me, but the game would work more than purfect on this win7 laptop without the win-eyes auto load bug thingy. smile
But other than that, when playing it on the xp machine, i am completely addicted to the game, love what you got goin on, keep dooin what your dooin!
Rob.

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2013-06-22 11:14:35

Hi Mason, this is Sean. I am new to the game. When I start the game, it wants to launch an run Window eyes. There is no way to change this in the settings so if I wanted to use Window eyes by default, I could. If I wanted to use NVDA by default, I could as well through the settings. If there is something I am missing, please let me know. If not, could you please add a setting so that the default screen reader can be used or something to that effect. Thanks a lot in advance!

2013-06-22 22:07:22

Hello,
I have been playing and trying to jump over pits, but I am running into a couple problems.
1. I can't hear pits. I realised that there is a different sound two steps before the pit and that helps, but that leads to problem 2.
2. I can't tell if there is a pit on either side of me, or if I am on the edge of one pit and far from the other. I land on the step before a pit and don't know if it is the sound for the pit behind me or the pit in front of me. A couple ways one could fix this:
either add a new sound for the different steps before and after a pit, perhaps the steps to the left of the pit can be different than the step sounds to the right of a pit.
You could also make a pit be at leaste 5 squares of blank tile inbetween. That way I know that no matter how far I jump, I will not land in a pit.
It would also help if you had a pit sound that is a little more detailed.

Another bug I found, The bad guy talking doesn't stop when I die and go to the main menu.
He is frozen where he was when I left and I have to restart another game for him to go.
I would also like to be able to loop around the main menu, so I don't have to arrow so many times to the left to play.

2013-06-22 22:44:17

I don't know if it would fit in since this is a side scroller. But I think it would be an interesting idea to implement 3d Sound or soround Sound modes, like in the GMA games for example.

2013-06-23 01:43:03

Since this is a side scroller, it is a 2-D game. This means that 3-D sound or 3-D movement would be unnecessary. Can anyone tell me why window eyes is actually started before the game plays? I'm using NVDA by default, but window eyes starts then the main menu of the game comes up. Is there anyway to default this to NVDA so that window eyes is not used while playing the game?

2013-06-23 03:27:35

I have experienced this also.
The only way to fix this was to uninstall window eyes.

2013-06-26 08:39:06

well, hay all. i am new in here, and so i got a new subgestion. if the creator wants, i can help him to develop sounds for the next versions of the scrolling battles.
well, i am now a sound designer, and so i can help if the creator wants.
Michael Angel.
add me at skype! raton.miguelito.glps

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2013-06-26 20:13:10

Hi everyone,
The window-eyes launching only happens, as far as I can see, with windows 7 and later. This, unfortunately, seems to be a BGT bug. It isn't within my power to fix this. I'm sorry.
And for the 3d sound, that, for 1, is impossible, and for 2, is unnesisary.
But, in other news, I haven't really done much with this game, I think I'm nearly done with development of it unless I have a really good idea.

Thanks much,
Mason

2013-06-27 08:04:29

Wow, that is very interesting reguarding the window-eyes bug. If it can't be fixed, can it be improved? I'm refering to the way it handles the game, it doesn't read certain items at all and i have to keep fittling with the menue items going back and forth until it reads the item, so looking for an item is very dificult. I have tryed to unload window-eyes and NVDA actually doesn't read the game at all, so perhaps the window-eyes support could be improved some how?
that is a very interesting bgt bug.

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2013-06-27 17:16:41

Hi all,

The Window Eyes support in BGT is still not 100% stable, mainly due to an issue I am having with synchronization of API calls. I haven't had a similar problem with any of the other screen readers for which I implemented support, but I am still looking for ways to improve it.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2013-06-30 16:58:10

hi I am trying to download the game. at 25 %, ff just stopped downloading. I tryed again, same thing happened. please help.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2013-07-09 23:07:12

Hi all, here's a quick update. I'm working now on sb4.0 which will have over 30 new features. Additionally, an extra few surprises.

Thanks much,
Mason

2013-07-10 00:54:47

Hi.
It would help us if you put the link in the first post so that we can just click on it and download the latest vertion.
thanks,
Brad.

I'm gone for real :)

2013-07-10 09:27:46

Hello I have a question. if your working on 4.0, why isn't there a 3.6, 3.7 3.8 or 3.9? thanks,
the ghost rider

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2013-07-10 11:36:23

he doesn't feel like having those versions.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2013-07-10 13:10:36

Lol, keyisfull! smile I think the reason for skipping those versions is because of all the new features.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2013-07-10 22:55:17

Wow, over 30 new Features sounds very cool. I am excited to see what you're coming up with now.

2013-07-11 19:49:48

Can you tell us wich new Features the new Version will have?

2013-07-15 06:00:25 (edited by mtg_studios 2013-07-15 06:01:17)

OK, sb fans. There are exactly 50 new things slash changes in sb 4.0.
Ahem. OK. Here we go.
I'm gonna release it now. OK? No? Well fine. I'm going to release it anyway. Ready? Here we go!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227 … p_v4.0.exe

Thanks much,
Mason

2013-07-15 07:31:03

EPIC! Absolutely epic! can I suggest something? Can you add a baseball bat as a weapon? because then you could add a minigame called batting practice where you hit the ballas it flies at you and if you get 3 strikes, your out. Thanks,
The ghost rider

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2013-07-15 08:52:21

Wow, man! Can we get a changelog?

Best regards SLJ.