2013-04-27 06:40:14 (edited by Chris 2013-04-27 06:59:22)

Hi.

Ok, justgot this game to work and love it. However, I am having trouble on downloads.

I am trying to keep the viruses at bay.
I am finding that the viruses seem to come very quickly around when he sas something like these zip files will be corrupted or something.
Any advice? I'm using the sword, since the laser seems to attack slower and does less damage. I have tried staying at the right edge of the screen and chasing the viruses, but they come too quickly after a while.
One more question, are the folders arranged in order of difficulty with downloads being the first, I think pictures second etc etc?
Thanks, and great game as everyone else has said! Keep up the great work!
Edit: ok, well I was wrong about the laser lol. After getting 5000 battery power, I got through that virus thing quite easily.
Never mind lol.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2013-04-27 07:48:41

So far the only thing I haven't figured out is the unjumpable pit in my pictures where you're supposed to land on the teleporter? I swear I've landed on it over and over and it kills me...
I'm sure I'll get stumped again later on, but I'm enjoying it, except for that dying when I'm pretty sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to bit. I like the puzzles in my music a lot.

Shadow

2013-04-27 10:06:04

Wow! Every time I open this game, I play it for longer and longer! I am having a little bit of trouble with Desktop though. Every time I start the stage, everything starts glitching, and my computer just becomes unresponsive. Too much to handle probably. The weird thing is that it used to work on this same comp, but .... I'll keep trying.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2013-04-27 10:13:19

Wow, I just got around to trying this game and it is really awesome.
Just wondering, how much effect do power and defence upgrades have? They are pretty expensive.

2013-04-27 10:17:39

this game is awesome! I all ready beat the downloads folder, the pictures folder and the music folder. but desktop is one huge jumble of teleporters.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2013-04-27 12:22:55

Protecting the zip files in my downloads is the hardest part of that level.
I recommend working on your speed, both attack and movement.
You can attack as fast as you can hit the space bar.
And moving through the air is faster than running on foot, if you can tap the arrows fast enough.

(I got the achievement for that one! XD Was kinda taken by surprise, since by then I'd just decided not to bother with the laser to see if I did any better than my previous tries. )

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-04-27 13:53:48

hi. i have some questions. i finished all the levels before windows. but i can't access windows because it sais to load some key and nothing else. what can i do? and also how can i see what achievements are available? how can i fullfill them? thanks

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2013-04-27 14:48:33

Nin, If you have really beaten all stages, take a trip to the store. The guy will offer to create the keycode for you.
Currently there is no way to view all achievements, you can view your achievements by pressing shift o and selecting achievements.

2013-04-27 15:42:52

how do I use the keycode?

2013-04-27 15:46:02

I think this might be a bug but I'm not sure.
Whenever I'm jumping I hear the platform as one square right of where I am. so I hit right arrow. Only to find that have completely overshot to platform and am promptly deleted.
does anyone else have this?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-04-27 16:11:03

Hello Nick, you have to beat all other stages first. Then talk to the store guy. Then windows is unlocked.
Hey stewie, maybe it was actually one square to your left. That makes alot of sense. The platforms position a bit more than everything else so as to make it easy to center.
Regards, Aaron

2013-04-27 16:48:42

I finally figured out platforming. It seems the easiest method is to stop moving 1 square before I land. It seems to carry me forward an additional square for some reason.

This game is awesome though. I finally managed to beat my pictures and my documents.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-04-27 16:54:48

can any one give me some hints on how to get more bits? i want to upgrade my character because the enemies in the windows level are so tough.

Stephen King

2013-04-27 17:39:07

I need help with the music folder.
I here the time bombs but what can I do with them?
I don't know how to win the music folder.

2013-04-27 17:40:15

Hi,
I'm really loving this game. Though much shorter, this thing is as much fun as BK2. I'm currently stuck in the system32 folder level. I get to this area with a bunch of instantly lethal spikes and a couple of enemies, but I always get a "we have captured you" message and die. Any tips on passing that part?

2013-04-27 17:58:44

Heya Quasar, just keep trying. You see, the enemies do not reappear after you die, the ones you have killed don't anyway. So once they are all dead it is pretty easy.

2013-04-27 18:56:58

Hi nic.
ok. I don't want to ruin it for you, although this is kind of tricky.

complete the level an till you've jumped over one teliportor, pick up the bomb walk or jump to the right, be careful though since there is another teliportor there jjump over that and get the items, walk back left and step on the teliportor and ... go left all the way  put it down and... you can figger the rest out by yourself I think.
I've given way to much away as it is.
hope this helps.

I'm gone for real :)

2013-04-27 19:45:32

okay, now I beat every level accept the desktop folder, I think I need a walkthrough on what to do there because there are so many portals.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2013-04-27 20:04:11

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
after the position 75 you will find the teleporter that you need to step on to leave that area. next ignore the teleporters and jump over them. you will know what to do next.
spoiler end

Stephen King

2013-04-27 20:04:53

I have a question about bombs. Can they explode while you are holding them?

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2013-04-27 20:14:10

Hey, Aaron.

I hope you keep developing this game; it seems like it's got a lot of potential. I'm just downloading the new version with the bug fixes in it now, but what I've played of this game already sounds great. I didn't get to play it for very long, for I had some stuff to do. Definitely gonna give it a try today though!
Keep up the great work.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2013-04-27 21:34:17

Yes, they can and will. muhahahahahahahaha! smile

2013-04-27 22:15:59 (edited by keyIsFull 2013-04-27 22:19:40)

Wow, I just got into the windows folder and got about 3 levels deep. I'm kind of sad that there's no way to save between the levels. I just don't have enough sustenance to do it all at once. I also realize that buying defense upgrades is extremely imperative. Though 100 lives is about as good as tons of defense upgrades. And that's what I bought. 199 lives is aewsome, and I've down already to 153 lives on the third level when I stopped playing. I've figured out the platform situatio. It's taken tons and tons of lives, but I've figured it out. Also i began to really use the laser.

Edit: It would be cool if you could adjust the speech rate in tts configuration. It's possible to do so in bgt.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2013-04-27 22:24:07

I would like a walkthrough of this game although I've already completed 2 levels.
the rest I will probably need help with.

2013-04-27 22:58:54

Hello KeyIsFull, it kindof does save between levels. It "quick saves" you can return to the level you were on, provided you don't enter the shop or another level.
As for tts configuration, I will add speed and pitch in future.