2013-04-03 23:23:44

Hi:

NVDA stands for Nonvisual Desktop Access, and is a completely free open source screen reader for Windows.  In my humble opinion, it is by far the best screen reader available.  I'm sure others will disagree though; preference of screen readers tends to be as inflamitory a topic as Vi verses Emacs.  Anyway, if you want to download a copy of NVDA to test out yourself, you can find the project website at:
http://www.nvda-project.org/

2013-04-04 18:23:21

Hello,
I'm wondering if there is a way to read past actions and possibly copy text?
Sometimes I don't feel like learning how to spell something, or I don't want to keep typing something. over and over. When I copy and paste text nothing happens. I also can't go past the last action I did. So if I did an action that failed or that was really small, I can't arrow up to read the description of the room. I have to type look again.
Is there a way to alias? Because I'm a lazy typer so would rather type 't' to say take than type take.
Thanks,

2013-04-04 19:23:52

While on the input line in classic mode you can use the up arrow key to scroll through previous entries you made and edit them. You need to switch modes in the options menu to classic output mode. 

Here is a recap of what FastFing wrote to change modes.  He is using NVDA.

Under the options menu:
1.  Uncheck suppress all sounds.
2.  Check sound effects.
3.  Check input on bottom - output classic

Now, whenever you want to read game output, press control tab. To type a command, press control tab again to get back to the input window.