2007-03-13 20:40:36

Okay...this is an odd topic, provoked by an even odder realization, but I want to see what sort of fun we can have with it.

I want people to note their strange findings from audio games here, where sounds in particular are related. For instance...say that in a game, someone recorded a .wav file and if you had it turned up loud, you could hear a TV in the background...stuff like that. I haven't found lots, but I've found one that you guys might think is rather...different.

I noticed this while playing BlankBlock. I completed an Advanced level board, and was listening to the congratulatory sound effect...when first, I heard what sounded like a person mock-coughing in the left speaker. This by itself was odd enough...but the thing I heard later was even stranger. Pardon my crudeness...but let's just say it sounded as if someone in the left-hand speaker suffered rather embarrassing flatulance. Uh...yeah. I'm not sure if that was intended to be funny/strange or if that was a mistake, but I at least wanted to let you know...and I figured it would potentially be funny to get feedback on any other audio oddieits we might've come across as a community.

Note: I'm not meaning any harm at all with this topic or my findings (or having stated them). I just thought it was weird, that's all.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-03-13 21:35:32

Hello all,
I'm sorry to disappoint you Jayde, but the thing which you can hear in the left speaker is a robotic effect, which seems like coughing, but if you played with tekken 3, you'll notice its almost the same effect when you hit gun jack.
(for those who don't know what tekken and gun jack is, tekken is a fighting game, and gun jack is a secret character. He's a brutal robot with deadly moves.)

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2007-03-13 22:54:46

Okay, I'll participate.... (And I'll be tough and use even more of those dots... smile )

Someone told me that you can hear the voice-over of Top Speed suffering from a cold in the Street Adventure selection menu.

And in Judgment Day, in the cutscene after you destroyed that "huge mass on tha radarscreen", there's a sound like... Hmmm... Well, to be honest, like someone who touches one of the tweeter speakers standing on the desk of the recording studio. So if someone was waiting for the other one to record that cool voice. And that took a long time, because it was some kind of a difficult one. And so, he was just rumbling with the speakers. (I really wonder if Liam had any problems with playing games after that day. "Why am I hearing this sound out of the right speaker? It claims to be the left one!")

And now I notice that this whole message is pointless, so let's insert some more dots...

2007-03-14 14:09:43

well this wasn't really in an audio game,
but i was recording something to vocode.
i recorded myself doing impressions of the death sounds in super liam, and vocoded with the actually soudns. it was funny. but the even funnier thing, was that when i played my recording back without the vocode, when he drowns, if you have the headphones turned right up, very faintly you can ehar the splashing and drowning of the water.
it was weerd!
regards,
aaron

2007-03-14 15:44:29

and on that sudosan game, that voice actor had a bit of a cold, somebody told me when i gone to the bartimeus computer camp in february 2006.

2007-03-14 15:59:09

Oh, there's also such a thing in Descend Into Madness (the balcony).

2007-03-16 12:33:37

the hum you are hearing in dark destroyer is your ship's motor.
i discovered that...
regards,
aaron

2007-03-16 20:51:19

Lol, turns out that all of the "Quirks" are actually part of the game... ... ... ...

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-03-16 23:06:59

Hi,
In Techon, in one of the cut ceens, you can hear someone coughing i think.

2007-03-17 08:17:36

I'm assuming he means technoshock, but I'm not sure.