2012-04-13 10:03:53

I been working on a game for blind people or visually impaired. It will be given away for free when finished. It is fully sound oriented game for smart phones or tablets.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npEJC1OE … 9k3WII4XY=

2012-04-13 10:57:00

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Sounds pretty interesting. However, the only thing I can hear in the Youtube video is some music, some clicks and something which sounds like a score. No explanation or any information on what the game is about or how it works.
I found the link to your kickstarter project at the Youtube link where the game is explained more detailed, but some more information and maybe more gameplays would be very welcome. Otherwise it's pretty difficult to comment on the game, come up with ideas etc.
I look forward to hear more about the game and good luck on making this.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-04-14 00:38:16

Hey,

Thanks for the tips. I plan to explain the gameplay better and have some more videos done tomorrow.

2012-04-14 09:33:39

Great. I look forward to hear more about it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2012-04-15 04:04:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIKc9qN6 … r_embedded

A new video.

2012-04-15 10:05:41

is it for the IOS devices or for android?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2012-04-15 10:08:17

For both iOS and Android.

2012-04-15 12:58:56

wow great!
can you tell me what is this game about?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2012-04-15 15:40:54

Hanif: Your question is the reason for the new video, so I recommend you to check this out.
Functionr: Thanks for the video. I don't want to say something bad about the game, but I simply don't think that it's my kind of game. I would be bored very quickly, and a real sound challenge would be great. smile I'm more into adventure/action games like Soul Trapper and Papa sangre.

Best regards SLJ.

2012-04-17 11:32:18

can you add screen reader support for this game?

2012-04-17 11:51:39

Hi ,
hanif: If the game will be designed with the blind from the start, then we can already assume that screen reader support will be either added, or won't be required.

2012-04-18 16:37:30

Hi and welcome, thanks for posting the videos.

I really like the music in the game, that sounds great, however I am a little concerned at the moment about challenge and complexity.

From the second video clip (and what I could gather watching the first again once I knew the rules of the game), it didn't sound as if the sounds were really coming at that fast a speed, nor were the sounds coming in rythm with the music, thus making the game a reaction challenge of the arcade variety.

While there's nothing intrinsically wrong with that, there are already more than enough of the "here sound, do this" reaction type games available in audio, ---- check out for instance the pc game pipe 2 blast chamber, enemy attack, damage extreme, sonic match, any of the boppit varients or indeed most of the spacee invaders games, in fact there are more examples of that genre of gamein audio than I can list here.

There is nothing wrong with arcade style games at all, they can be fun, however at the moment we have far too many of that type to make such a game really interesting to play. What extra options are you adding? challenges? will there be rythm tracks in the game or different required actions?

I appologise if this is a negative view, it's great that your considdering making accessible games, however as I said we really need to move away from this reaction based stuff and have something really strategical to do, ---- -this is why there has been such a recent craze on audio stratogy games, or yet the online audio fps swamp, they offer gameplay with judgement and tactics, not merely reaction to a single stimulus.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-04-19 06:14:17 (edited by FunctionR 2012-04-19 06:21:12)

When the game is finished the sounds will be in rhythm with the music. In fact each level will have a different style of music.

At the moment the sounds do come at a faster speed as you advance through the game, however, we might have made our own game too hard. We are going for that easy to play hard to master category of gaming. In the video when the game started to get harder I failed quickly after that (I’m the guy with the black shirt), but you can tell the music starts to get faster and drums are played.

Don’t feel bad, I take your post as constructive. I agree that just a simple action from single stimuli is boring; our game won’t be simply that. I want to add some more features like shake and possible making the player jump (though that might be dangerous). As far as tactics go, there are a few some play testers tried to increase their score, some more successful than other. You would really have to play it and make your own tactic to succeed. However, you can’t just “button smash” there are penalties for doing the wrong thing.

In the last 24 hours we doubled the amount pledged by backers. Hopefully we are funded and can finish the game.

2012-04-19 09:20:40

Fair enough, glad you have the idea of more complexity in mind with different rythm tracks etc. As I said, there are a lot of boppit style games currently, which is exactly why I make the point.

Good luck with the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-04-20 08:29:30

Thank you.

2012-04-26 11:22:41

hi function R.
are there any news about this game?
I want to try to test the game!

2012-04-27 23:19:14

Sure I can send you a beta version. PM your email so I can send you the apk.

2012-05-05 12:53:16

hi function R, are there any news about this game?

2012-05-28 04:30:44

Send him a private message with your E-mail address, Hanif.

Sure I can send you a beta version. PM your email so I can send you the apk.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2012-05-28 06:25:03

The benefits of using music that is royalty free are immense. The biggest of these is that you do not have to worry about creating music or pay huge sums of money to renowned composers and artists. All you need to do is get the royalty free music license for once. In casecan guceriof other music licenses you may have to pay a fee every time you use a particular piece of music. To add to their side effects the amount of fee gets proportionately increased if you plan to broadcast that music or show it to more people. However, in case of music that is free of royalty payment, you can offer the purchased piece of music to a large audience as well without any additional fee.

2012-06-01 04:04:14

hi, I've sent him a PM for my email adress, but he don't send it to my email([email protected]).