2006-12-01 06:52:52

Hi gang,
  This is Che Martin, the developer of Rail Racer.
  I wanted to give an update on the games progress.
  I have been in my little computer cave for the past several months working on the online multiplayer code, so we can race each other online.
  I wanted to eliminate the need to set up servers, sniff out different IP addresses and the like.  To that end, I have purchases a dedicated server so everyone can log in to a central system and hop into a race, no muss, no fuss.
  You can join or create a race from right within the game, just select the race track you want, and away you go.
  Additionally, up to 20 players can race at once with no worries.
    Lots of features have been added since I released an update, such as the ability to modify your gear ratios for balancing out speed and acceleration, the ability to change your name within the game, chat with other players, and a bunch of other stuff.
  I hope to do a presentation of the game soon on VIP Conduit, also there will be a demo version of the game around the time of full release.
  Lastly, I am considering offering a pre purchase of the game for a discount to those that might be interested in trying the game out before full release.
  Anyhow, let me know what ya think, either here or you can email me directly at [email protected]
  Take care all.
  Che - pronounced shay
  Blind Adrenaline Simulations
  Games by one of us, for all of us

2006-12-02 00:09:47

Well, I'm glad to here progress is going well on this most likely revolutionary audio game.
I'm thrilled to hear that the online setup is based on a dedacated server; when topspeed released, it was fun, but all the problems with setting up a server really stunk.
I'd most likely be one who would want to try the game early and get a discount. If the game is as amazing as it seems to be, it is more than worth my money.
I hope to only hear about solid progression all the way up until the full release. So until then,
Good Luck!

2006-12-02 11:31:57

good luck indeed. Unfortunately, I suspect the Durham university filters of doom will stop me from engaging in online races, dedicated server or not, thankfully, the options to race against the computer also sound fun.

While the game sounds great, I would personally prefer to play a demo first, so I'm glad your releasing one. Though I do agree that the discount on pre-orders is deffinately a good idea for all those experienced racing fans out there who will want to grab the game Asap.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-12-13 00:52:19

This game sounds totally cool. (Haven

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2006-12-13 01:19:15

Hi ya,
  Not sure what the conversion rate is right now, but the pre pruchase price is 33 dollars U.S. email me if you want to buy it, and I'll send you ordering details.
  You will immediately be able to play the game after purchase, even though it is in late beta stages.  We're running a tournament right now in fact with about 15 racers.
  Later,
Che
[email protected]

2006-12-13 05:47:04

Could I get a sound trailer or sound clip of someone playing this game? It sounds really, really interesting

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2006-12-13 08:09:52

Yah,
  I am getting ready to update a new audio trailer for the game, but in the meantime you can hear the presentation I did on VIP Conduit at this link:
www.blindadrenaline.com/uploads/railRacerDemo.mp3
  Again, you can email me directly at
[email protected]
  if you have any questions.
  Later.

2007-02-03 20:53:36

Hey!

How are things going at Rail Racer?

2007-02-04 08:56:33

hi, this game sounds great. I'm impressed with the fact that there will be a demo. i've already planned my next game that i am going to buy, but i will certainly also buy this one if i get the chance.

2007-02-04 17:26:39

Hi all,
  Rail Racer is nearing final release, recently I have added several items to the upgrade list for your racer, including a six speed transmission, extra fuel tanks, and a gravity puller to get your racer back on the track after a jump.
  Also, you now have to move up in rank before opening up new tracks to race on.  The more money you have, the higher your rank.
  Also, I have opened up a new forum system at www.blindadrenaline.com where you can discuss Rail Racer.
  Later,
  Che
Developer - Blind Adrenaline Simulations

2007-02-04 21:01:34

Sounds really tough! How have you ever learnt to build such cool stuff? smile