2012-01-18 01:03:07

Hi.

The topic subject says it all. I need to find a free program that can check my hardware and software.
The reason I want this is because my computer isn't playing some wav files in windows media player or playing sounds in Science Invasion.
I am beginning to think this is a sound driver or card related issue.
I have tried reinstalling media player, but the results contine and i've been trying to find driver update software.
The problem is it all wants me to pay money and I don't want to pay them to download drivers. Besides, I don't know if this will work.
Anyway, where can I find free driver checking and updating software to fix any drivers that are messed up?
I mean free, where it would scan my computer and download the right drivers.
This is a realtech High Deffinition soundcard I think.
Where would I find a program for fee that would do all this?
If it's not drivers, how do I update my soundcard?
Thanks

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-01-18 02:13:23

well there are 2 things going on.
It sounds like codecs are missing more than drivers.
go to www.codecguide.com and get their codec pack, the klite mega pack has been a major part of my network and is also installed on every personal computer and business I service.
Its got the majority of codecs on it and I trust it.

On the realtech side, search for realteck high definition or realteck drivers.
on the top downloads of their site, select the driver that matches their card.
On the side of the driver program, yeah I'd really like to know where I could get either a free one that is accessable or 1 where I pay 40 bucks and get it, one time, but not pay for a subscription.
Outside of mutherboard manufacturers or intel I havn't found anything I really like, there is driver magician but I think like most its subscription based, you need to buy a licence for each box and you are right I wouldn't pay for just drivers.
Ofcause that may change if I need to service major computer networks, I may buy a mega ammount of licences then but not right now.

2012-01-18 03:03:49

Hi.

I just installed some k lightmegga something.
I wonder if this is what I need?
I want to get the full thing and had to go through a ton of pages.
Can someone put a download link here?
Also, I tried searching for Realtech HD on
www.realtech.com and got nothing.
When I installed the pack, it asked if I wanted to uninstall a version of it and I did and it installed, but the problems don't end.
What now?

2012-01-18 05:35:59

Hi criss
http://onj.me/rthd
This is a shortened url for the realtech download page that has to do with the hd codecs.
Please check your card in device manager, though as there are like 4 or 5 hd codecs.
wmi, standard hd, 2 alc hds and a couple things.
Once you have your card info, you need to check either 32 or 64 and then the system, xp vista or 7 or 2k.
After that you can download the files.
Note please only get the exe files else you will have to manually install things and I have never done it that way.
The codecs are hmm interesting for klite mega.
You have mirrors just click on one of them, some give you direct links others don't its a pain.
THe tech updates all the time but I only update every 6 months.
if you can't be bothered give me your os, system 32 or 64 bit and the card info in the device manager and I can give you a direct link to the file you want.
Just run the file hit next a couple times wait till its done then restart.
You will have to use cccleaner to remove entries like phime2000 and rhdcpl and other junk from the registry afterwards but it will solve your issue or should do.

2012-01-18 15:00:49

Hi.

This is an xp 32 bit tosheba laptop.
As for device manager, I'm not quite sure where that is.
I've looked through the sounds and audio devices thing in control panel but can't find it.
Also, this is the first computer that has given me sound problems like this.
Anyway, do I use the CCleaner registry cleaning option to scan and fix issues after I install this?
Can you give me a link to the right driver? I can go look for it if you don't want to give me the direct link though.
Well, I need to go to school soon.
Hope to hear from you in a few hours. Atually, make that 8 hours lol.
Anyway, thanks.

2012-01-19 10:25:23

No you need to go to control panel system
hardware device manager.
thats go to control panel.
press s till you get system, hit enter, ctrl tab to hardware.
tab once to device manager.
hit space
now locate sound video and gaming controlers and hit right arrow twice to open it.
now in there there will be legacy media codecs
legacy imaging devices
legacy audio codecs
and maybe a unimodem driver if you have a modem.
there will be a realtech driver.
your best course of action is to go to www.onj.me/rthd and actually find the right driver as they are clearly labeled.
however you need to know the driver you are looking for  from device manager as there are 3 of them.
if you have any more issues, post the name of the driver here and I can give you the correct file.

I think actually hardware is the right

2012-01-20 00:21:26

Hi.

I am going to search around. I have just done a recording of me looking around at the options in device manager.
I was trying to find update buttons, but the only thing I found with updates was the realtech High Deffinition thingie.
I've decided to post it.
Sorry about the volume, I think my stereo mix is u too high.
Tell me if this helps.
If it doesn't, I can keep looking.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13400764/lookin … 0panel.mp3

2012-01-20 06:30:27

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1407689/WDM_R267.exe
this will help you, the site is a bit fiddly.
Its valid as of a little ago as I just upgraded.
looks like the driver I use in here.
It will take about 10 mins to go up, I don't know when you read this but if it doesn't work wait a good 20 mins and try again.
Oh, let me know when you have it.
Not sure how legal it is for me to leave this thing up, but their java script directed mirroring system is a pain, I can't give a link, actually I could probably hack the link from get right but I can't be bothered, anyway its friday and I have like a major thing on tomorrow and other things.
Anyway for waht its worth this will work for you.
Your control pahnel definately said realtech hidefinition driver, thanks for the mp3 file.
Sorry about lateness.
I have been quite bussy today, but anyway.
file should be up in 3 mins

2012-01-21 03:34:52

Hi.

I got your file and was able to install it, but it did nothing.
It asked me to restart my computer, but when I ran science invasion, the same sound issues hadn't changed.
I think media player still won't play sounds.
What to do now?

2012-01-21 12:10:04

Hi criss.
we are about out of options.
go to www.microsoft.com and get the latest directx.
do this by searching for in google download directx.
the first or one of the first will be for the latest runtimes for the web.
download select run.
once thats done.
try one of the following.
if you don't have windows media player 11 then download and load this file
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1407689/wmp11-w … 86-enu.exe

if you still have issues or have the latest media player do the following
run
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1407689/wmfdist.exe
and
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1407689/wmaudioredist.exe
If these don't work for you then you have a problem I can't fix.
If you can't get this working, send me another forum posting.
I can't remote in myself but I know a couple hackers that could help you.
As I say email me if you have issues at sm dot everiss at gmail dot com
give me your skype or msn or whatever and email and I will ask my hacker friend if he wants to look at this.
You will have to download a small support file which he will give you, then after running it go into notepad and type in your quary and he will respond on sapi output.
he may be able to fix your issue or he will not.
If we can arrange a time I will get you and him in a conference on gwskype and we will see what is going on here.

2012-01-22 13:37:33

hi, I also have problems.
I have the directx 9.0c, but when I want to open a game like captain dynamite and the fallen hero and zero sight, the issue is still going.
is it a problem with a video card or grafics card, or I need to download the video card driver and grafics card driver?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2012-01-23 05:16:39

hi hanif.
hmmmph.
I can't answer all driver updates
but if you turn off memmory protection in internet explorer advanced settings under security
go thto the following sites.
www.nvidia.com has a driver updater I can't remember what it is.
you will probably find one at http://software.intel.com
icloick on the driver updater

2012-01-24 00:34:43

Hi.

Well, none of that worked and i have the latest directx so I'm wondering if i have to get a new soundcard?
I am considering it but i don't know. It seems like windows media player refuses to play wav files in a certain bit rate it seems.
I have made a recording of me playing science and you will now what i'm talking about when i say no sounds play.
If you hear any long silences, I am actually playing but sounds aren't playing and weirdly enemies stopped making noise around level 2.
Well, here it is and I truely wonder if i need to get another soundcard.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13400764/scienc … xample.mp3

2012-01-24 07:23:36

ok, Here is a simple one.
Check you are using the right soundcard.
if not then that could be your problems.
ifyou have one of the hd cards input and output are seperate.
If you need both ports then maybe a new card is the right choice.
But if you are not hearing the sounds in game well.
Firstly I'd try a reformat.
This will at least fix the windows issues but a new soundcard could be another thing to check out to.