2012-01-15 02:12:08

Hi all.
So I want to create a website. Okay, I have one, so to speak, but it's only a bunch of html files linked together on dropbox smile.
But when I actually give someone the address, I don't want to give a very long dropbox link.
So, I want a good, reliable, accessible and free web host, (I just want to use the web site for sharing stuff, call it casual, if you want).
A search on google for "best free web host" and so on, proved almost completely fruitless. I get to sites that promass the best free web hosting, but that usually don't end up that way, or for some reason I couldn't sign up.
So, I'm turning to you guys now. smile
Do any of you who have personal websites know which is the best free web host?
I don't know how important this is, but I'll mention it anyway. I have knowledge of html code, enough to make what I want for the site.
Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-01-15 05:36:37

ahoy Brendan
I'll say what I said in another topic created by someone. try
http://0000free.com
I am useing it myself,its accessible,and good enough for beeing free.no adds and stuff as welll,as far as I know. I haven't done anything as of yet on my site though.hmm.
grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2012-01-15 11:17:34 (edited by bcs993 2012-01-15 11:43:44)

Hi grif,
thanks for that. Funny enough, that's a web host I haven't seen yet, so I'm going to check it out right after I'm done writing this reply. smile
[edit] So, I'm trying to sign up, but it doesn't seem very easy. Firstly, the word capture thing isn't accessible, but even after asking for sighted acistance, they still claim that the image was entered incorrectly. Any idea what might cause this?

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

2012-01-15 13:43:49

Hi,

If not, I could always offer a bit of my own server, if you like. You'd have a something.tdrealms.com domain then. smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-01-15 14:34:45

hello
it was what a year or so since I signed up,so I don't really remember if the sign up was accessible or not,however try a few times to solve the capture with the sighted help,and if it still continues to give up errors,let me see if I can find something else in turms of it beeing free and accessible.this stuff is accessible,though.I'll just go and try the signup to see how it rolls
grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-15 14:53:29

Hi,

I'd be willing to give you something which is as accessible as you sending me a quick mail with what you'd need, and me setting it up really quickly. So, I guess that's another option. smile There are quite a few free webhosts though, some of them are really neat indeed.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-01-15 16:17:38

Hi,
@grif. Thanks, let me know if you can manage, meanwhile i'll try again.
@Ghorthalon: Thanks for your offer. I might just take you up on that, if nothing else works, since I don't want to berdin you with an extra subdomain, willingly. smile But when you say I should mail you, how would it work? Do I get to upload my html files? (see the already made dropbox site given at the end of each of my posts).
Thanks once again for all the help.

Brendan
-----

2012-01-15 16:40:59

Hi,

You'll get one sub domain, an FTp and E-Mail account by default. You just upload your files there. smile I can create MySQL databases for you, and all that. You'll start with one by default.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-01-15 18:21:56

Oh. Those ftp things are confusing for me.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-15 19:49:08

Hi,

FTP is pretty easy to use. What confuses you?
You select a file to upload, then the destination. It will upload them, or download (Depending on what you do), done. You could call DropBox something kinda similar to it.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-01-15 21:23:39

Hey. GhorthalonTheDragon, I was wondering if you could give me a little of your server. I am interested in having my own website. Right now, it is just a bunch of HTML files! So, my e-mail address is [email protected]

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-01-15 21:53:37

Hi,

You can send a mail to ghorthalon (at) tdrealms (dot) com, and I'll see. please note though that I cannot run a website for everyone big_smile Even I have my limits.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-01-16 04:38:38

All I want is a home page, a page for audio, a page for my games, and an about me page. I would like the adress to be www.blindtechgeek

2012-01-16 06:12:22

hi all,
bcs93,oma sorry if I am spelling it wrong,was able to setup an account ,so really don't know what could be the problem . I wanted to signup and stuff,but it was tracking my ip,and I already have a account on this one.
let me know if you are not able to signup yet.
grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-16 06:21:17

I am not

2012-01-16 18:16:43

hello
you are not what? if you mean that you are not able to signup,then why not.what's the error you get etc? such information is usually helpful in you getting you your answers,then simpley stateing I am not.
anyways,grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-16 18:41:58

I can't sign up! The page is a little bit comfuseing to me. I can't figure out where I go to sign up. What link do I click on?

2012-01-18 17:00:17

hello

oh look the dragon is running hostingzzzz... do you give premium services to?
-$4.99 for just 1 year! unlimited  subdonmains...ftps..mails...whatever...ugh

lol im just kidding.

anyway, that website which grif is recommending, is really the best free hosting.

but, it's really hard to set up, and it's for serious projects.

i really m myself looking for a easy host to set up and play with drupal cms.
0000freehost is for those who are profissional.
and again, the set up is hard, you need to be patient and navigate things.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-01-18 19:30:34

hello.
personally I didn't find the setup hard at all,as I had done my reading on how to set the domains register them,point them etc.
gamedude,try this link.
http://0000free.com/hosting.html
HTH,grryf

Follow me on twitter