2012-01-16 04:59:41

Well, I just signed up for a 000 webhost account and got a domain.
What do any of you recommend me do first so that I can begin uploading files and posting links?
How much space do I get?

2012-01-16 06:07:45

hello
register your domain,if you've done the setup,you shall be able to do that in your c panel of your sight that is
I am really experienceing a long turm memary loss....:d. anyways,if you got a domain from a co.cc or so on,just register it,and point your domain to the servers which a email should tell you.
as for the space,it tells you when you are setting up how much space you get and stuff.its around 1000mb to 2000mb,and a 10000mb bandwith limit
HTH,grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2012-01-16 06:37:10

Well, might as well stick to dropbox if I get less than a gig of storage.
Not worth it.

2012-01-16 10:58:17

I think dropbox is the most simple.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-16 11:53:42

Hi,
That's why I'll upload my audio that I want to share on dropbox. All I want the subdomain for is to have an actual url for my website: not a long dropbox link. Also, I think, I'll get some administrator priveligious that dropbox can't offer me, (they were never meant for a webhost). Then I can also add something like a comment's section to the site.
I think 1000 - 2000 MB free space is quite big, in terms of free web hosts.
During my (fruitless) search on google, I saw some that only offered around 100 - 200 mb.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-01-16 18:19:51

hi guys
in my opinion,2000mb of free space or even 1000mb of free space is good enough,when you aren't shelling out even a buck for it. yes,you get a few email accounts,my sql databace and some other stuff as well.so BCS993,I take it you were able to signup successfully?
HTH,grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-16 19:38:11

Hi grif.
Unfortunately not. I tried again, (with another sighted person). I even had them type in the exact code, and I keep getting this:
"The image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image."
Refreshing it also doesn't work.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

2012-01-17 06:51:36

hello,bcs993
in that case,if you don't mind just fill out all the fields in an email,and send it to me.I'll try and create a account for ya.
HTH,grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-17 18:28:17

Hi grif.
If that's at all possible, I'd be very greatful.
I'll e-mail you as soon as I can.
BTW, for some reason, avira free anti-virus has a problem with your website. Now that I'm using AVG again though, it works fine. big_smile

Brendan
-----

2012-01-18 06:37:26

hello
those antiviruses sometimes have a fit,and they tag everything and nothing as virus sometimes. chuckles.just a boot to their arse solves the problem quite nicely if ye will. btw,my site as in my site,or the 000 site.
grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-18 07:42:31

Hi.
It was only your website.
And, I've e-mailed you through the forum. I'm not sure if you got it though. if you have a gmail account, all audiogames e-mails seem to end up in the spam lately.

Brendan
-----

2012-01-18 15:41:03

hello,sorry about that,bcs993
you reminded me that I need to update my email on here...gees,I never even check that yahoo account anymore,to which my account was registered.it is what,close to 3 years since I registered.yea!ahem. off topic,I'll be checking that email and updateing this stuff on here.thanks for that.
grryf.

Follow me on twitter