2011-12-19 18:35:32

HI,
I was scannign down the page and saw the total number of posts--about 66000. So how can Richard have a hundred plus thousand posts?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-12-19 18:45:01

Hi,

My guess is that some time back, all posts were removed. I don't know why, but probably some huge cleanup on isle 4 thing, I guess. tongue
So with this cleanup, the DB of posts got modified, however the users profiles didn't. That is how I'd explain it to myself.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-12-19 19:02:17 (edited by Hayden 2011-12-19 19:02:56)

HI,
Perhaps...but is that many posts even possible/ You'd have to make hundreds of posts a day in order to do that. And I don't think they did anyway, because I've been general discussion topics from 05.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-12-19 19:09:26

Hi,

Maybe he manually increased his counter? big_smile
OK, my theory has been destroyed then, I guess. Lol

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-12-19 20:58:04

To my knolidge there has been no mega post clean up and deletion, everything is stil here that has ever been written here.

As regards Richard's post count, it's always been like that. Either it's some crazy thing about the person who actually set up the forum in the first place, or Richard just increased his post count manually.

not a problem though, Richard deserves it as webmaster of the time big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-22 13:19:11

lol

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-12-22 22:29:14

I bet he added about 100000 to his actual number of posts

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-12-25 12:08:19

I agree.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-12-28 16:56:10

is he still around though anymore?

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2011-12-28 20:38:37

Yes, he recently stuck some anti spam measures on the forum which seem to be working, it's just that Richard and Sander are both busy fellows, hence why they gave over maintaining of the db and moderating the forum to various other people who could spendd more time on it such as muggins.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-01-03 16:07:02

well, has there benn any changes?

because there hasnt been any spam for a few days now.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-03 17:42:27

I think admins have installed a sycurity thing to block spammers.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page