2011-10-19 14:08:44

This is just to A, let people know, and B, have a general discussion about guide dogs (seeing eye dogs to those in the states), sinse I've just started my training on Monday.

I've been on the list now for a couple of years, and have finally ended up with a dog who I've started training with.

She's a black lab retreaver cross called Reva, and no, I don't know if she's named either after the flesh eating zombies from the firefly series (she has got quite an appetite), a roman banker, or a Scotish guard.

She's generally just getting used to living with me, right now she's just passed out in her baskit sinse this morning we've been running around the city of Durham doing guiding.

The actual guiding and mobility bit is working well, and it's certainly easier than trying to wander around with a cane.

Anyone else got a dog? or done training?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)