2011-10-11 13:02:29

Hello,
There is a strange problem. My computer sometimes brings up an windows installer diolog that says a file couldn't found. Can you help? It's annoying especially when I try to listen to my teacher.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-10-11 14:09:31

Hi,
Not really. Which file does it say is missing?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-10-11 15:44:14

7zS5A.tmp

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-10-11 16:29:05

This sounds like one of two things.
Either something got broken somewhere (I would be worried about possible malware),
Or there was an incomplete installation at some point that relied on temporary files that were eventually lost. Which seems strange.
If you could determine what is trying to use this file, it might be possible to fix the problem.
I'm not sure what hte best way to try and track it down would be.
I would probably keep the message open, and check the task manager for anything strange.
It might be a procedure in the control of a generic program, though, so that might not be helpful.

If this happens when you reboot your computer, you could check for startup items in msconfig.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-10-12 08:28:34

Hello,
It happens when I try to open microsoft office. I was deleting the tmp files, it happened after that. So it is my fault big_smile

2011-10-13 14:27:01

Hi,
I don't thin that is the issue. Windows uses tmp files to store temporary data--it's generally not somethign that *has8 to exist.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-10-13 20:37:39

If something interferes with the temp files being created when needed, or if they're deleted before a program is done using them, it could well lead to problems. I don't know if that's what happened here or not...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.