2011-06-29 16:44:12

The iPod Touch comes in a wider range of capacities as well, it only lacks calling, text messaging, mobile data and GPS but the iPod Touch still has the wifi and in the current generation camera. Some assistive apps use the camera so don't ignore it as completely useless just yet.

An advantage of having an iPod Touch and keeping your old phone would be that you get two separate batteries, a Nokia will last longer per charge than an iPhone would.

That said DO NOT buy an iPhone right now, if you're thinking of buying an iPhone wait a month or two for the iPhone 5 to come out or you'll be kicking yourself.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-06-30 09:49:53

hi ipodders,
yesterday arrived my ipod nano 8 gb 6th generation. its great, small, easy. the slovak voiceover is great. however i hate itunes. i had to update my ipod software to get the accessibility features to work.
but still good.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2011-07-01 22:46:53

sounds really cool. I can't wait to get my ipod tutch it's arriving in July [O my god it's july now I forgot lol]

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-10 13:04:27

Hi,
is the layout of the ipod easy to get used to?
Best regards,

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-07-10 13:22:27

Hi,
You need to get accustomed to it, but when you figured it out you can get use to it.
I found a cool podcast on the Blind Cool Tech website that might help people to get how the accessibility works.
Get it here
Hope this helps

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2011-07-10 15:03:03

Also, the layout kind of stuff was talked about some over here. HTH

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-07-10 19:41:16

thanks for all the help.
Best regards,

2011-07-20 17:54:13

hi,
Which genaration of ipod tutch is most accesible?

2011-07-20 22:56:43

All of the fourth IPod touches and the thirty two gb and sixty four gb versions of the third g IPod touch.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-07-21 11:56:30

4th gen probably have better processors though and have cameras for object identification or barcode scanning apps if those appea to you. Also 3rd gen devices can't run FaceTime which is sort of like Skype video chat on a mobile device, I know we can't see the video but the other person can if they're sighted plus it saves installing and messing with Skype for audio.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-07-21 17:00:06 (edited by lauren.downie96 2011-07-23 11:46:33)

thank god,
I am getting 4th generation lol. I just thought about it at the last minute and panicked lol

2011-07-22 11:02:34

Well if you're buying new then you are probably safe. If you're buying second hand then you need to be careful.

cx2
-----

2011-07-24 11:31:58

Hi,
I'm buying new so that's ok smile
Also, is there any other way to activate voice over than threw Itunes?

2011-07-24 11:53:48

Hi,
You can do it on the Ipod it self. Go to Settings>General>accessibility>voice over. There you can also set the speaking rate etc.
I also know you can set your Ipod tuch to activate and deactivate voice over when you press the home button 3 times. Its also done in settings.
Hope this helps

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

2011-07-24 15:00:26

Also with iOS version 5 the "triple click home to turn on voice over" will be set to on by default. Of course that won't help if you're buying before iOS 5 comes out.

If you buy from an Apple shop they can probably turn it on for you as well.

cx2
-----

2011-07-24 15:33:24 (edited by lauren.downie96 2011-07-24 15:34:31)

thank you for your help cx2 and bcs993

2011-07-24 15:42:53

You're welcome.
Now I have a question of my own. And sorry if its a little off topic, but how do I get in to the homescreen edditing? I managed to get there once by acsedent, but I can't remember how I got there.

Brendan
-----

2011-07-24 17:05:48

Hi,
You mean, to move aps around, create folders etc? In order to do that, you have to double tap and hold on an item. I'd recommend thogh that you do not  do that on anything but you want to move, else you might have some problems.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-07-24 17:59:50

Yup, double tap and hold then you should hear the pass through sound. Hold your finger down a bit longer and it'll say "Moving whatever".

Bear in mind that the movement seems relative to where your finger starts rather than its position on the screen. Also if you flick left/right to the item you want to move then double tap and hold you can start dragging from any part of the screen. Accidentally dragging off the right side to the second page is a constant pest for me.

When you're done just press the home button again and you'll come out of the editing mode.

cx2
-----

2011-07-24 20:06:55

Hi,
Thanks a lot guys. I think I'll need some practice with this though, it sounds a little tricky.

Brendan
-----

2011-07-25 09:21:38

It is quite tricky and takes some getting used to, luckily you don't need to do it often.

cx2
-----