2011-04-20 05:49:47 (edited by jyro22 2011-12-25 13:34:14)

Airik the Cleric is a real-time video game with an audio game output.  It has a large open world with real-time navigation. The game is a hybrid of the likeness of traditional Zelda RPG and Jak and Daxter platformer. The first of its kind being that it uses a unique system.

For information about the game, visit http://breakerboxgames.com

Airik has a new full game walkthrough and XP version very close to release.
Also, the sequel, Airik 2 is releasing soon.

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 08:37:43

I getting the following message.
(The decision no 2011/24 dated 05/01/2011, which is given about this web site (4shared.com) within the context of protection measure, of MANİSA 3. SULH CM has been implemented by "Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı".)

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 09:15:00

Wow. Sounds seriusly awesome. I can't wait to try the demo. How long is the full version gonna be? Soundslike a easy lernable cool and awesome game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-04-20 10:29:57

Well, as usual, idea is great but game mechanics um... not really. Beginning from low quality sounds and music, to really not intuitive gameplay  it's not that good as i though. Don't want to walking cell after cell to collect all items wih i can't hear in stereo panorama. For sure don't get this game for myself. Work on it more, and release better product for me.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 10:53:40

I agree with you. It's a good game, and I think there is no game similar, because for example entombed has the rpg, but not story like this game: you have only to overcome floors and killing monsters. here the game is interesting.
but there are some problems:
1. you have to go cell by cell to find object, and you have not sound idea of the area around you.
2. i think that part like doors, ladders ecc, can be identified by a sound before you go in it.
3. for now i only tried until the bos, but i would more mob. i found only two  or three mob to kill before it.
thanks and please continue!

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 10:56:03

hi
very good game

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 11:27:48

how long will the full game be? i am going to play the dmeo now but as others have said the sound does not seem to be of high quality.

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 12:10:21

Hi thanks everyone for your feedback!

The goal is to replace all the audio with professional voice overs and high quality sounds.
For now it is the start of something neat in audio games experiments, and I was thinking of using finder and collision voicing
as well as voice over to all diologue for add-ons to games such as Final Fantasy 5 and 6 and maybe a Pokemon game.
Because 4 direction RPG's like those are very very close to being accessible and only need some addons for emulators in order to work. Airik is fun loving, but will feature much better combat and many monsters to fight.

You can cast your vote here to help decide whether the game should have real-time or turn-based fighting.

Thanks guys! Happy gaming!

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 12:13:01

so will the full version 1.0 game out in may ahve professional acting or not? if so might it be better to wait until it does? that way i guess more people will buy it. Ashame this game doesn't work on a mac platform as well

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 14:44:43

Hi
This game sounds very interesting. I would prefer real time fighting in the game.

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 15:27:09

hi, congratulations for this work, this is a impressive project that has potential.
i haven't completed the demo yet.
i think that the combat should be faster, and that the price that you're asking for
is reazonable, it's the price of a indie game for the sighted, so if it becomes more stable
and with more addictions and bug fixing i'll certain buy it.
keep it up!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 15:33:06

Hm, if the game will be improved, can be really good game. Try eliminate the bugs mentioned in this thread.
Game is really slow, i mean key presses reactions, try doing with it something. I am definitely wants a real combat. Use the stereo to locate monsters / items etc it will be easier for s.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 15:58:01

Casting my vote for realtime combat. Downloading the demo now.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 16:16:06

My vote for realtime combat. It would be great if there will be three or four kind of weapons that you can use in battle, for example axe, sword, ecc. and you can select it. I've finished the demo. If you want a tester, I am an audiogame fan, and I've played a lot of audiogames.

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 19:35:04

hi all
i m have 15 cristal
and what i have to du next

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 20:23:39

Hmm.

I don't have any problems with the sound quality, myself.

It is pretty much stabbing in the dark at finding items, though.

Spoiler-type thing:
Does the floor switch in the cave do anything? I can't activate it.
I couldn't figure out how to advance at that point, so tried going back to the village to look around, and found that the guards wouldn't let me leave a second time.
There was really no warning about the ladder, either. Every time I'd stop to look around, I was in one of the sections of hall to either side without the ladder. I found it by accident more than anything.

Still, pretty nice. smile

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 20:31:24 (edited by ambro86 2011-04-20 20:51:34)

Hi, attention, now there is a spoiler for the game. If you don't want it please don't read the rest of message...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
The floor swich is important to go adwance. Press Space, and control ripetitively, and the caracter can open the passage, stricking the ostacle. But to do it, you have to obtain all 15 cristals!
Ttry it and thell if it works! I've reached the boss, and defeated it.

Thumbs up

2011-04-20 22:24:44

I vote for turn based combat. There is a lot more strategy involved because you don't have to worry about thinking superfast turing a turn.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-04-20 23:42:56

hi
maybe hu cann recording
airik the cleric
game?
thank you

Thumbs up

2011-04-21 00:27:21

You have to collect all the sky crystals, get the smash ability thing then use it on the floor switch. Also if you listen closely while moving you'll hear the footstep sound as your moving stop or play irregularly which means your in a new room.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-04-21 00:58:06

Hi there, guys,

I'm sorry to have been away for as long as I have, but there's been a lot going on. It doesn't bear getting really deeply into right here and now, but suffice to say that it involved a torn tendon in my thumb and a house move or three, which I've mostly gotten past. Regarding Airik the Cleric, I have a few things to say.

First and foremost, I really commend the creator(s) of this game for what they've got so far. This game definitely has a lot of promise and, while you can tell it doesn't take itself particularly seriously (as demonstrated by the banter between Airik and Scout), it's still great fun to play. The first time I tried playing I had some trouble finding all fifteen crystals, but the second time I got luckier and found a pair I hadn't seen on the last playthrough. The boss is nice and predictable, overall..not hard, not wickedly easy. I will love it when you're able to explore other places besides just this one cave; after all, the power-cube door is not yet unlocked and I'm really curious as to what's through there. People shouldn't really be complaining about the sound effects; no, they're not going to blow someone away, but they'll definitely do what's needed, and then some. If they're touched up later on, so much the better, but I think the important thing for a demo to establish at this point is mechanics, not perfection.
A few small points of critique I'd like to make, however. First of all, I'm not sure how much I enjoy not knowing where items are. Most of them so far have been -fairly easy to track down, but a couple were a little off the beaten path. It would be nice if there was some sort of audible marker (either voice feedback or just a gentle tone of some kind) to denote an item's location. It doesn't need to be accurate (no sense giving us absolutely every piece of info unless some items are going to be dangerous), but still. I was just a  touch frustrated hunting for sky crystals in the cave. Next, contenuity. I wish the game would remember where things are. For instance, when I tried to go back to the temple whilst crystal-seeking, I was hitting a stone wall despite the "look" feature specifically telling me there was a temple. I also noticed that even though there was supposedly a group of market people to the north, I could in no way interact with them. The guards fall into this area as well; it strikes me that once you have permission from them, you shouldn't be bothered anymore unless new conditions arise. I'm sure this will be ironed out, however, it's just something I mentioned.
Those are really the only two issues I have with the game. Obviously I will be hoping for slightly deeper sounds and natural speech one day, but if I don't get either I still think the game might be worth playing, particularly if there are a whole slew of areas. I'd love to be able to play a game like this for literally hours before finishing and, for myself at least, I like the notion of a slightly darker game with similar mechanics. The price you've quoted on your website is more than reasonable, and if not for the fact that I don't know how big a difference there'll be between the demo and the main version, I would probably pounce immediately.

As regards active vs. turn-based combat, the game does seem to lend itself to active combat, and I think that would probably be easier with your current engine. I do like turn-based combat more, by and large, but it would probably require some sort of overhaul. Whichever system you use, you'll be able to make it work. For what it's worth, if you -can do good turn-based combat, that's my vote; if you can't, or if it's just a pipe dream, go with the safer real-time combat and let that be that.

I hope that what I've said here has helped in some small way. I have many years of experience with audio games in general, and like to think of myself as both tough-minded and fair. Please try to disregard some of the harsher things earlier posters have said...some people have zero appreciation for the hard work that goes into making a game, and miss the point of releasing a demo in the bargain, so I hope you aren't put down by some of the results you've gotten.

As a side-note, folks, I have a laptop now and it runs Windows 7. I want to lend my voice to games if I can, but I don't know how. If there are any of you out there with voice talent experience, please send me a private message explaining what the process is, how it works and all that jazz. I'm fairly good with computers, but this angle is one I've never touched before. Thanks.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2011-04-21 02:48:58

I can't tell where the boss is so he keeps punching me over and over again while I try to hit and avoid his bombs.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-04-21 03:48:34

Slight
spoiler
ahead

The layout of this boss fight is...just a touch on the odd side. The boss is ahead of you, but he's too strong to get close to. The bombs will come from the left or right - seemingly out of the very walls themselves, though how he manages that trick I'm not sure. There are bars behind you, so you're trapped.
The basic pattern is simple. When you hear a bomb, run like heck the other way. Do this anywhere from two to five times till you hear a soft sort of whirring powering-down sound. When you hear this, run forward (up arrow) till Scout says, "Get him, Eric!", then use your ground-pound (hold space bar, tap control repeatedly) to damage him. As soon as you do, you'll be back where you started, needing to dodge bombs. Do this three times to win. I got punched once, but that's only because I wanted to know what happens when you run toward him when he's hucking bombs at you.

One interesting thing I did find, though: it seems as if the enemy in the cave always gets the first hit. I timed him, figured out exactly which tile he shows up on, and he still managed to hit me. This seems a touch laggy, but then it is a demo, so I'm also not complaining. I was only thinking that an area crowded with enemies who get the first lick might mean serious danger, unless you can somehow upgrade your heart capacity (aka Zelda).

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2011-04-21 04:28:57

Thanks for the responses, you have very intelligent feedback. It's exceedingly helpful.
You have all helped to sway the direction of the game, and not to worry, the demo bugs will be fixed
to house more sophisticated combat.

The town square folks are being fixed and the guards will be gone once you've obtained permission, so that you
won't be bothered anymore. It's an easy fix, so I'll upload fixed versions as often as possible.
Yes, the bat in the cave seems to move too fast, so it's near impossible to hit him first, which will be fixed.

I will be adding an ability to use scout for tracking where sky crystals are located.

The full game includes many more areas. The first area is just intro to the play.  The next area is a frozen mountain top with castle walls. The game gets more challenging from there. with more jumps, switches and enemies.

Some clues to help you know where you've run to without using the finder, are the background sounds.
If you hear wood floors at the beginning, it's your home, going north through the door, you'll hear the town and ground change, then east is grass walking sound, so that's the field, then north is a bridge with water running, then north is more grass. The caves, however, I am going to add a sound to the magic of the power cube door, as well as the main room with the ladder, so that you know. Some dialogue might be added additionally. I'm also adding another monster to the cave.

Great job in figuring out about the boss guys!
The next boss is more dynamic and requires you to use both the first earned ability and the second.
None of the bosses can be reached until the most recent upgrade is made.

Thanks for the votes on combat guys!
We will be going with real-time combat, but for all you turn-based combat lovers, there will be a traditional RPG coming soon as well.

We will try to work on mac compatibility by full version 2.0
Full version 1.0 will still feature the self read text reader, however, this is still okay since many readers only use one voice and do not differentiate the characters. By version 3.0 in early June it should have full voice over.

Note that version updates work with the full game, and once full version is either ordered or pre-ordered,
updates are free. Thank you for your compliments and support.

Thumbs up

2011-04-21 07:43:51

Yep, this starts to be interesting. Please, change audio to high and fresh quality. Make this game faster, and add a item sounds where these are etc. We'll see what will be with this one.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

Thumbs up