2010-11-29 17:27:38

Hi. so recently me and a friend were looking up something on this site, well i was getting her to read it for me so we could find the right link and we decided to read the description, which we found to have some really bad errors. Now trust me, i'm not one who's really bothered at all about perfect spelling, but some of the words arn't spelled at all like they should be in the sense that they don't actually look like words, either that or a few seem to have letters mixed up.  All i'm asking is, can this be looked at? for if we are trying to bring attention to the audiogame genre, then wouldn't it be good to have a description that at least makes the site look official in order for it to be taken seriously?  Thanks guys.

2010-11-29 21:29:54

Hi,
Before someone else asks this, I'll just step in to help the database admins out.
Which game needs looking at? I'm sure if we/they knew that then things will be able to get sorted out much easier.

2010-11-30 01:47:32

no Aaron, i was on about the description of the site itself on the main page.

2010-12-01 01:31:46

Furthermore, when it says "Welcome at audiogames.net," is that grammatically right?

2010-12-06 17:40:04

well, like i said before, i'm not in any way a grammar freek, quite the opposit as a matter of fact.  its just that my girlfriend thought i wasn't on a professional site at all and she had dificulty reading it to me when i was with her.  Like i said, i know its only minor, but if we want people to take us seriously, then we at least need to look a bit more official or something of that nature

2011-02-18 15:55:30

Hi,
I just really looked at the descriptio and you're right "welcome at" is hardly gramatically correct. Then there's "posibilites" or something like that for posibilities and evergrowing which, while the two words are spelled corerctly, should be separated by a dash.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-18 18:58:00

I never even knew there was a site description. Unfortunately I don't think us mods have access to change that so it'll have to wait until Richard or Sander can have a look at it. Thanks for pointing this out.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-02-18 21:55:21

This is rather funny to me. Not to sound rude but, this site has been around for years and i have seen that discription for a long time, this is the first time i think that some one has had a problem with it. And to be bluntly honest, i think people can put two and two together when it says welcome at audio games.net. Its not such a bad thing.

2011-02-18 22:08:57

Sorry for the double post but i must appolagize for my post abuv. I guess i am on one of those express my oppinion ranting crazyness kicks today. What may seem petty to me may not be to others again, i am sorry for the harshness in my post.

2011-02-19 01:13:39

Hi,
It's not a problem of not understanding that was brought up htere; it's a matter of professionalism. I have to agree that we should try; all this "oh well they dont' notice us anyway" is ridiculous and is the exxact reason why sighted people do not pay attention.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-02-19 11:55:55

Actually I think Haiden is right, the front of the site probably does need a clean up.

Odds are when that descrption was written back in 2004 or so there was no community, and not much in the database

As Cx2 says though, neither he or I can do anything about this, though I'll be glad to write up a description if it'd help.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-03-15 15:49:32

Hi,
I'll grant you this is an older thread that I have not seen in some time but I thought i'd put two more cents into the conversation. I like the description itself; we probably just need to clean up the spelling errors and gramar in it. There's probably no need for a completely new description.

Best Regards,
Hayden