2018-12-26 16:45:02

Well, I finally beat it! Out of pure luck and determination, I have beaten normal mode in BK III. Now, I am onto the excited mode. Now, this is more like it! I am running through this mode, and I absolutely love it! Any advice from any of you legend BK III players for those of us taking on harder modes? What weapons should we be leaning towards? What should we be crafting?

2018-12-27 03:30:53

Hi.
Congratulations on beating normal. As far as weapons go, I'd recommend getting the spirit sword and starting to level it up if you have the time and patience. With enough training, it's the best weapon in the game. It has the same penetrating effect as weapons like the triple yoyo, but the horizontal range can be much greater. It can also hit up to three squares above you.

If you don't want to mess with the spirit sword, I'd recommend crafting the omega shooter if you haven't already. The gun scopes you can craft will enhance its damage.

The snake chain is another high damage weapon, although it's rather slow. The arrow gear is worth purchasing as well. The damage it deals isn't super impressive, but it will allow you to move much more quickly than you could otherwise, even with super speed drinks. You should also get the super UFO if you haven't already. That will allow you to fly and avoid certain obstacles.

This goes without saying, but I'd recommend continuing to train your stats, especially HP and defense. I noticed a sizeable jump in difficulty at hard and above, and you don't want to be unprepared for that. You can have the best weapon in the world, but it won't really matter if everything can kill you in one or two hits.

2018-12-27 03:33:02

The best thing about this game is, there are so many options, what weapons and things to lean towards is purely dependent on how you want to play.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-27 04:15:59

OK, Josh, thanks. So, how to the gun scopes work? I have the mega shooter, and I am working on obtaining enough mini shooters, to obtain enough middle shooters, to obtain enough mega shooters, to obtain an omega shooter. I had planned on crafting that weapon, bc it seemed like it would be rewarding. How does the arrow gear and UFO thing work exactly?

2018-12-27 04:50:26

The gun scope multiplies the damage of your guns by 1.5. The hell scope multiplies the damage by 2.5. As long as you have the scopes in your inventory, you will see the increases.

As to the arrow gear, you just equip it, then press the spacebar to use it. It will make you charge in the direction you're facing, doing damage to anything in your way. I'm not sure how stats impact the distance moved, but each press of the spacebar moves me 16 squares.

To use the super UFO, just equip it, then press and hold spacebar to fly. You move left and right in the usual way and press the up and down arrows to move vertically. Don't let go of the spacebar while really high up or you will splatter on the ground below. The UFO eats stamina while it is being used, so paying attention to your stamina is a good idea. You can quaf drinks to refresh your stamina while continuing to fly, so it's not that big a deal. Later on, it won't even be enough of a drain to worry about.

2018-12-27 04:54:37

OK, so with the UFO, how do you kill enemies while using it? Also, you mentioned leveling up a weapon. How can you tell what level a weapon is? Once I beat excited mode and get the bonus shops, I plan on getting the spirit sword. Finally with arrow gear, do I need to craft or buy arrow shots?

2018-12-27 05:02:41

@6, with the spirit sword, wen it's equiped, hit t and you'll see exp and level for the sword. You'll have to play normal mode with the spirit sword to level it up, it's hard to do, but it's rewarding as hell wen you do

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-27 05:23:04

The UFO can grab nearby enemies, but generally it's meant as a utility piece, not a weapon. So when you have it equipped it's because you're, say, trying to get across gaps or use it to float down otherwise deadly drops.
The arrow gear doesn't need ammo, and is great for just blasting through the first few levels. Exciting mode definitely won't be too hard, particularly if you stop at 18.1 when you get there in order to grind. Pro-tip: now that you're much stronger, don't use cats.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-27 06:13:24 (edited by Josh 2018-12-27 06:14:50)

You don't have to play normal mode to level up the spirit sword. I'd advise playing the game Bread Crusher instead, at least until you can start taking on more challenging enemies with it. Even then, Bread Crusher is the quickest way to level up the spirit sword that I've found without cheating.
Pressing r will tell you the spirit sword's level and xp. It will also make a sound when it levels up.

2018-12-27 06:20:22

LOL did you say cheat? Now I'm curious!

2018-12-27 06:46:58

Yeah, you can use a program like Cheat Engine to modify values such as health, xp, or gold in RAM. It's easy to do. I rarely use it because I feel that it takes a lot of the fun out of a game.

2018-12-27 07:33:10

how I get the spirit forc  or I don’t know what his name

2018-12-27 07:50:30

Once you get your spirit sword to a high enough level (500 I believe), go to the stage 23 shop. When you leave, they will offer to sell you the spirit blade for 5000 coins and the spirit fork for 10000.

The spirit fork pierces defense, but it only does half the damage of the spirit sword. It also hits more slowly. For those reasons, I don't think the spirit fork is worth the money.

The spirit blade, on the other hand, is a worthwhile investment. It does more than twice the damage of the spirit sword. It hits more slowly, but that doesn't matter much with the damage output.

2018-12-27 08:16:29

wow.  that’s really better

2018-12-27 16:38:48

Thanks guys. Josh, maybe you can tutor me on cheat engine? If I am breaking the rules by bringing this up in the forums, mods please let me know.

2018-12-28 03:34:25

Zuckuss, I just sent you an email.

2018-12-28 03:43:24

Moderation (sort of)

It is not against the rules to discuss things like Cheat Engine, so long as those programs cannot be used and are not being discussed as options to somehow gain access to paid content. Since this game is free, and since the program itself is free as far as I know, no one is being financially exploited. Having considered cheating myself in this game, I can see the appeal, albeit you're still at a point in the game where you probably shouldn't have to. The difficulty of Exciting is not that extreme, really, and if you're being even a little careful, you should be fine. But yeah. There is nothing wrong with discussing how to cheat as long as that cheating isn't breaking paid restrictions or whatnot. Give yourself millions of health or make all the enemies have 1HP or whatever, if that floats your boat.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-28 04:16:59

LOL it definitely floats my boat! Remember I like fighting under leveled guys and beating them. Thanks, Jade, for letting me know. I don't wanna break any rules fella. Josh, I'll check your email now. BTW, I love the hyper yoyo, though I think it's range is a bit lacking compared to triple yoyo.

2018-12-28 11:06:23

LOL Josh, I sent you an email. I am confused my friend! Thanks for your help!

2018-12-28 19:08:04

You'll probably have a short enjoyment of this game if that's the case.  The early stages kind of reach a point where they get repetitive and boring to go through every playthrough.  If the later enemies that provide a challenge are turned into a joke because of inflated stats, it's slowly going to turn into a chore. 

Also, I may sort of advise against cheating on this game...stuff is still recorded for leaderboards at the end, but the game probably has a system to detect cheating and invalidate the rankings.  I'm not sure if it does anything else in retaliation...It'd be awkward to have your savefile whiped out of existence considering some cruel examples I've seen in other mainstream games.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2018-12-28 21:23:00

Well, I may or may not try cheating, hypothetically. I, for one, enjoy killing off tons of enemies with ease. Not really sure I care about the leaderboards either.