2018-12-18 22:26:49

hi anyone.
Today i wil show you, how to setup, compile and any needed stuff to work with pokemon crystal dissassembly on the mac, and ofcourse, dooing this without any sighted help.
First, i wanna tell you why i am not dooing this in articles room. Well it's because, i want to get some commends, and i also wanna make some disscussion here about pokemon dissassembly. So with this sayd, lets start!
Here are the stuff that you need to compile and work with pokemon crystal dissassembly. You need xcode command line developer tools, or just xcode installed, because you wil need a make command to compile. Home brew for one package you wil need, i wil tell what it is later, and you need pokemon dissassembly, you can get it on github, just search in google, pred poke crystal or something like that and it should pop up.
First step i recommend to doo is to install xcode, or standalone xcode commandline developer tools. To get a standalone command line tools, type the following in terminal, you can open spodlight by pressing command+space and typing terminal, or going to your lounch pad and to utilities folder.
xcode-select --install
You can find xcode in appstore if you dont want to install only command line tools.
So if we have made this step, second, install homebrew. Note that you steel need terminal for next steps, so keep it opened.
You can install homebrew by typing this command inside the terminal.
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
If you have done it, type this command.
brew install rgbds
Ok, now you can extract your dissassembly and make what you want, but what if we want to compile our rom?
Its really easy. Just go to your terminal, if you have your source code folder steel in downloads, type
cd downloads
and then
cd pokecrystal-master
or what ever you have chosen.
now, simply type
make
if anygoes well, your project should compile and in your source folder, you should see pokecrystal.gbc.

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org