2018-12-15 13:25:35

Hello everybody,

we'd just like to give you an insight to one of the future mobile games we are working on, Audio Wizards, which we are aiming to release around the late spring of 2019 for iOS and Android.

We are still in the early stages of development, but progress is coming along at a rapid pace.
The basic game idea is there, we know what the game will be! But we're just outlining the gameplay design mechanics and user gestures, among other things, before we jump into the code, soundtrack and sound design

But what can we tell you right now?
•    You are a wizard defending yourself against the onslaught of elemental based enemies
•    Expect to have your listening skills and reactions put to the test

That's all we can reveal for now as a teaser. Make sure to follow us https://www.mytruesound.com on Facebook and Twitter to keep updated on our progress. Remember also our next game GoldGun, which will hit app stores on 31st January 2019.

Have a nice X-mas!

(admit my excuses please if room was not selected properly)

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2018-12-15 14:12:11

Hi.

Definitely sounds interesting.

One thing I'm wondering at the moment is whether the game will be more rpg or action.
if an action/arcade game I hope it has some degree of lastability with achievements etc.
If more an rpg, I hope it has some degree of long play behind it, either way as a huge harry potter fan anything with wizards is definitely up my alley big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-15 16:01:04

Dark wrote:

Hi.

Definitely sounds interesting.

One thing I'm wondering at the moment is whether the game will be more rpg or action.

Hi again @Dark

This one is a fully arcade action game. And only audio based.
Still we have a long way to go, because we want in this case to make something really unique with the soundtrack and the sounds. Basically, it will be a survival and level ups based game. In the future, if all goes good, we will aim for multiplayer.

The work is done by an independent team of students, using our own immersive audio game engine IMAGE. So well...we need to push up a lot yet.

2018-12-15 18:07:13

high, is the game free or paid?

2018-12-15 23:21:50 (edited by david_oliva 2018-12-15 23:22:52)

masroor.rahmani wrote:

high, is the game free or paid?

We don't do free games. We need to live. If they don't sell, then we need to do something different.

But they will be worth. As good as we can.

2018-12-15 23:28:54

hi, is it going to be something along the lines of gauntlet or gauntlet 2? i loved those games. trying to find the way out of each level blasting away collecting keys spells etc.

2018-12-16 00:19:25

sounds really cool. as I have an iPad,, I will and love those sorts of games, I'll be checking it out and waiting for release.

2018-12-16 11:43:45

darren wrote:

hi, is it going to be something along the lines of gauntlet or gauntlet 2? i loved those games. trying to find the way out of each level blasting away collecting keys spells etc.

Hi @darren

The game will not be gauntlet type. Our games don't have visuals, because our own game engine is designed to be like that. At this moment we are investigating on immersive sound to enable interpretation of 3D environments by sound, and enabling playing and movement on a 1st person type game with this on mind. Our GoldGun game aims for this kind of mechanics.

One difference with Gauntlet is that our games are always experienced on 1st person, e.g. how the sounds come to your ears.

From the point of view of game mechanics, Audio Wizards perhaps is more similar to the game FEER. Which by the way is an awesome game! If you didn't play it yet, I really recommended it.

2018-12-16 12:38:57

hi,

oh i totally meant from an audio perspective, i just used to enjoy those games in particular. so was wondering if this was going to be something along those lines. going progressively through levels etc.

2018-12-16 20:09:18

Awesome. I look forward to hear more about the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen