2018-12-12 00:49:31

Pretty self explanatory. There is now a bk3 section on BSG. You can check it out at www.blackscreengaming.com/bk3

thanks to blind ninja for allowing me to mark up his text guide for all the text content in the different sections. The audio was recently recorded and is streamable and downloadable.

2018-12-12 05:03:52

Smoke-J wrote:

Pretty self explanatory. There is now a bk3 section on BSG. You can check it out at www.blackscreengaming.com/bk3

thanks to blind ninja for allowing me to mark up his text guide for all the text content in the different sections. The audio was recently recorded and is streamable and downloadable.

Dude, you rock. Seriously I cannot even begin to explain.
Thanks!

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2018-12-12 08:26:45

I stay away from the BSG website because of the previous drama.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-12-12 08:28:00

Was waiting for it for a long, long time. Thank you bsg, and every one who contributed to this guide. You rock, people! Thanks much for a guide!

2018-12-12 10:22:04

SLJ wrote:

Hmm, sorry to say that SLJ but this argument sounds weird. Actually I don't care about stupid dramas and rather that I am enjoying great contect and this site is offering great things.
BK3 section is really, really amazing and I appreciate a lot of work put in there.
To be honest sometimes sites like BSG could be more organised, clean and more elegant than this forum which well, recently is full of weird situations but this is offtop so whatever. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-12-12 16:08:49

SLJ wrote:

Your loss, they have great walkthroughs. The drama is over. Stay away from the blog if you don't want to see things like that again, but far as I'm concerned that blog needed to be written. It never would have gotten exposure otherwise.

2018-12-12 17:48:27

oh my god! thank you very much!

Yours kindly

2018-12-12 17:56:40

I'm honestly glad folks enjoy it. If I could cover more games I would but it's always a slow process recording and writing all the info for a section. The BK3 section would have never happened without @BlindNinja. I simply don't know enough about the game to write all the text guides he did. If anyone ever has other game ideas for what they would like covered just get in contact with me via email, twitter or skype.

also @SLJ that is completely your choice but for everyone else. The blog and the main site are two completely different things. The blog is....well a blog and the main site is meant to give people help and info on games to better their gaming experience.

2018-12-12 18:44:26

Great job smoke and to all of you who contributed.

2018-12-12 18:54:59

I'm getting to a point where I dould be willing to help with such things. I'm not a BK3 pro, by any means, but I'm not exactly a rookie either. There are some parts of the text walkthrough which are rather vague, and if needed/wanted I could probably clarify them. I'm referring in particular to stage 21, just as one example, as that level gave me fits until I figured it out. Once I did, it's really not that bad. Aero Gear actually makes it even easier, because you can potentially get out of the way of cameras if you're quick enough.

The strat you used to beat the bio-control system is pure cheese, Smoke, but hey, at least it worked fast. Energy balls are awfully strong, especially given that you can buy 30 of 'em for 9k coins (which isn't that hard to grind at all) and just destroy the boss.

Incidentally, if you use the hook and stand at height 6 or so, you're above the extinguisher's lightning and low enough that you can hammer it if it gets close. Ditto the life burner's fire rain attack it does. And Unknown Energy can't hurt you at all, so next time you have to deal with it and nothing else is on the map, just hose it. Triple Yoyo works for this, as does virtually any gun I think. Still say the most dangerous of the bosses in 25.5 is actually the battery. That gun turret is just pesky, and it'll change heights in order to follow you. Thank god none of them moves all that fast.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-12 19:44:44

It would be cool if you could do a similar treatment of Jade's manamon walkthrough. THere are recordings on youtube of people playing it all the way through, such as on CHris Wright's channel; maybe he would allow you to link to them or something.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-12-12 19:49:46 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-12-12 19:50:01)

I mean I did ask if anyone had any parts of the guide they wanted clarified back when I was still working on it, lol but got no takers. 21 reads perfectly clear to me, but then again that's probably mainly because I wrote it. tongue I'll go back and check it later today.
And I've said this before, but I'll say it again, love what you did with the thing, Smoke. Gloriously done, and props to you.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-12 23:27:30 (edited by Smoke-J 2018-12-12 23:27:59)

Oh I completely agree that is the easiest way and bummiest way to kill the bio control. I just didn't have the time to learn some bk3 skills then try and practice them lol. I started the bk3 section as a bit of a side project since everyone has been asking since day one of BSG. Even now I'm back re recording and rewriting guides for STW. There's only one of me and there really isn't enough time in the day.

@keyIsFull I actually contacted jayde ages ago when he wrote his guide but never got a responce back. There is a manamon guide recorded by zuckuss which I wrote pages for. you can find it at www.blackscreengaming.com/chris_b/manamon
The audio quality is a bit shaky but it is there if people need some help.

@Jayde if you want your manamon guide turned into html just let me know and I'm sure we can figure something out.

2018-12-13 00:29:41

Smoke, I actually didn't see/don't remember any such offer, but would be potentially interested in getting that done. I have always wanted to do an audio Manamon playthrough, but I frankly don't know what is needed in order for me to record such a thing properly, especially if I want to do voice commentary, which I absolutely would. I can't play that game and -not talk about it. Just look at all the opinions peppered throughout my walkthrough.

BlindNinja, 21 isn't awful or anything, it's just a wee bit vague, especially in 21.2. Those are two-step ledges and it's easy to get hung up on them if you aren't careful.

2018-12-13 01:02:17

There is an audio manamon playthrough on Smoke's website which I did. I think it's pretty good. As to the biocontrol, just fuck it, no way to kill it. One stage I found particularly vague in Blind Ninja's guide was the disc thing at 25-3. It took me a while, but I did figure it out.

2018-12-13 01:12:50

Oh, there are ways to kill the bio-control system, but it's mean, especially on your first go-round. Cat spear is amazing, btw. If you have it, great. If you don't, the super acrobat pistol or megaton hammer might help. That disc puzzle I like. What I don't like is 25.1, as I've yet to find a really good way to make sure I don't die when all those bombing slime creeps spawn. I tried sprinting with a speed drink to the left-hand side of the stage, but I was still roasted.

2018-12-13 01:26:01

Jade, try using a super sprred drink and then jumping with high jump shoes. I managed to kill them all that way. I have the megaton hammer, but not the other things. I tend to die before the hammer even takes 5% of its health, much less keeping the stamina up.

2018-12-13 01:39:15

Yeah... the best thing you can do for that fight is either learn to dodge, preferred, or learn to parry with shields. By parry, I mean use it just long enough to block the attack you need to block, and counterattack immediately.
I'm not sure what else I could've said about the disk puzzle, lol because that's essentially what it is... hit them to swap the numbers around, get them in order based off what's on the paper.
@jayde, Which part of 21-2 is it that you find vague? The only ledges really I can think of are on that little structure in the middle of the level, but that's just drop down to the right, left, right, left, right... etc. Pausing to check for cameras aside, anyway.

2018-12-13 01:54:06

That's the structure I'm talking about. It would've been handy to note that you have to drop down twice per camera. i.e., the very first drop will not get you spotted, nor the third, nor the fifth, but only even-numbered drops will do it. The camera tells you this - thus I figured it out on my own - but just trying to run through alternating drops like you said, I had a little difficulty first. The issue here is merely that on stuff that's finicky, I like a little more detail than you're giving. You didn't do anything wrong, not at all. I just thought it a mite vague, especially given that it's a guide and has been read presumably to get you through the level.

I've never actually bothered using shields much in the bio-control system fight. I just get close, hammer it with the spear, jump the bio ripper occasionally, try and keep away from zapping things, and it dies pretty fast. I can never seem to avoid destroying the recovery ring, and it seems like recovery rings don't save either, as I've gotten through 25.3 with the ring and somehow lost it without dying. Not quite sure how that works.

2018-12-13 02:20:52

They should save, in theory. If you didn't have the ring after 25-3 and you're sure you picked it up, it had to have triggered. That, or you've experienced some sort of saving bug I've never heard of before.
To be honest, that's pretty much what I expected and/or was hoping for, lol was people would use the camera, instead of having to write like every single detail in there. That's why it exists, after all.

2018-12-13 17:29:16

I agree with Jade on here. I kept getting spotted, so I just used a superspeed drink and fled like hell. Now, how do you find the exploding cat claws?

2018-12-15 22:04:50

Ok that request might be a little strange on here, but might i have the original blind ninja's guide link please?

2018-12-15 22:37:15

It's in the main BD3 topic in new releases, first post.

2018-12-18 21:18:24

It would also be really cool if someone could write directions to 24-1 and breaking those stupid cases. I just can't seem to figure out the strategy for it. I am sure it is super simple, and I am probably overcomplicating it.

2018-12-18 23:34:08

Okay, there are spoilers ahead.
Zuckuss, it's easy once you know the strategy. When you first enter each room, there will be three switches. The one on the far left moves the position of where the bomb drops five units to the left every time it is pressed.
For example, if the bomb is set to drop at 90 and you press the left switch twice, it will now drop at 80. Once you reach 0, it will tell you the switch can't be pressed any more.
The switch on the far right moves the position of the bomb drop five units to the right every time it is pressed. The switch in the middle fires off bombs every time it is pressed.
What you want to do is set the bombs to fall wherever you see the cases. Keep in mind that some cases may take more than one hit to destroy, especially the last one.
Also, the bombs won't hit cases in the air, so you have to destroy the cases and flip the switches in a certain order to bring those cases to the ground. I'll leave that part up to you since the order of destruction is clear once you begin.

If you have the high jump shoes and don't want to mess with the switches, you can equip the shoes and jump on the cases to break them.