2018-12-11 15:58:29

ok, So I have a lot of questions, or will, because I'm learning html, and figured I'd just put them all in a topic. So here we go!:
What is the difference between buttons and links?
How do i make a button on a combo box take me to the selected item in the box?
Wen I learn more, would yall like an html tutorial? With a quick reference and description of all the tags? I'm taking a programming class, witch is spending a month on html, rofl, and css and javascript, so i might do one on those too!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-11 17:27:12

Hello,
A link is a bridge between different webpages and sometimes between different parts of a single webpage. That's why it's called "link" in the first place. For example: "I'd like to take a loan in your bank please.", "sure sir, allow me to link you to my manager" or, "hold on, let me connect you to my manager." That's what it means, link is just a connection; you could say they act as synonyms sometimes.
Now, Let's get to a button. A button is like the buttons you have in a application. Take NVDA synthesizer dialogue for example. it has two buttons, "ok", "cancel". So, a button is an element which, if pressed, performs something, regardless of a desktop or web application.
That's all good, But sometimes a button and a link can be a bit hard to differentiate. Why you may ask? Remember that a button does something for the application if clicked. Hence, a button can also do the job of a link. It can also be used to send the user on a different webpage and vice versa.
I hope things are a bit more clear for you now.

2018-12-11 19:09:42

, ok thank you.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-12 09:41:40

Well...
Simply put. A link is a simple html way of linking to another page (either on your own site or to another website).
A button doesn't usually do something by default, but to get it to do something, you need another language like javascript, php or anything really.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-12-13 00:22:14

well. I maybe wrong here, but here is what you put
to make a button link to a combo box
well, when I have found my odl html files in which I also put al the stuff I leanred I will tell you. I wil also give you a less on bookmarks.
to make a bookmakr you could put
where the bookmark link should be:
<a href="#skiptocon">skip to content</a>
and, then where you would put the place on the page you wonna skip to
<a name="skiptocon"></a>
this may be slightly incorrect but I'll add more here for you to use when it comes to me.

2018-12-13 20:23:51

Buttons are good for pause and play buttons for audio. Did you know you can make a link that when clicked automatically opens the viewer’s email app and fills in your email in the send to field. Then they don’t have to enter your address, I can give you the code if you would like to use it

2018-12-13 22:17:09 (edited by redfox 2018-12-13 22:17:45)

@6 i know the code, <a href="mailto:[email protected]">here's the link to proove it</a> wa hahah!

----------

2018-12-13 22:18:06

o, the forum doesn't accept html, that's fun

----------

2018-12-14 19:47:21

Lol. Yep that’s it

2018-12-15 12:18:51

If you want to read for your own pleasure, go to w3schools. They have a bunch of HTML tutorials you can follow along. The best part of it is, well, free.

2018-12-16 22:25:13 (edited by Minionslayer 2018-12-16 22:26:51)

oooooooooooo! Free HTML tutorials!
I was the one originally teaching Redfox HTML, but stuff happened.
I am even hosting Redfox's website on my server but meh.

DJEPIC AKA Minionslayer
I have a useless website up to waist like 5 minutes of your time. It really needs editing, I know.
http://djepic.co.uk/

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2018-12-17 22:25:09 (edited by ivan_soto 2018-12-17 22:26:39)

Hey everyone,
so I have this simple little html GUI creator but I haven't updated it in a few months. If I update it would anyone be interested? This includes html headings, lists, and links. More things will be added of course, but what do you guys think?

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-12-17 23:09:11

@ivan, yes yes yes yeeeees!

----------