2018-12-10 18:23:35

Not a bad game, and its free. Here is the description.

Engkwentro is a game for visually impaired persons, but can be also played and enjoyed by without the said disability. The game revolves a man whose wife was taken by a creature of darkness. The protagonist must now save his wife from the creature despite his blindness.

The link to the game is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … roductName

2018-12-10 19:11:08

Sounds awesome. I hope this can come out on iOS devices sometime.

2018-12-10 19:40:17

How is it mechanically? Like, is it just another Blind Legend style thing? Sounds, music, acting, story? ETC

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-10 20:48:49

I'm starting to think that maybe I should boycott a game like this whenever the developers start talking about the main character doing a b and c in spite of their blindness. It's a way, way overused trope... can we move on now?

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-10 21:02:35

@4 android has too few audio games for me to be upset over something like that so I'm not complaining.

As for gameplay the game has a weapon upgrade system, gender select, potions, reaction based combat and there is voice acting. Its no blind legend but compared to the other lackluster free audio action adventures on the android market its leagues above em.

2018-12-10 21:09:11

i don't like the sound designing

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-12-10 21:22:51

I do wish that 1 the boices of the spirit didn't blend into the etherial so much and 2 that you could turn off tutorials.

2018-12-11 01:44:24

Yeah... I just tried it now, not for me personally. More hear and react combat, follow directions, and in this one you don't even have turning, it's just sidestepping. But, maybe others will have more fun with it than I will.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-12 00:37:09 (edited by silent silk 2018-12-12 00:42:24)

Hi. I've tried the game and I'll just say this.
I couldn't even get far into the game because of the bugs. I swear I was swinging  my weapon at the exact time I was supposed to the monster still hit me. I'm fairly certain this is a bug. Also some of the gestures seemed to be very oversensitive most noticeable with the menus. Overall, a mediocre game but could be even better once the bugs have been sorted out. another thing, it would be very helpful if there was an option to turn off the tutorial voice as, while helpful at first it can get very anoying quite quickly especially if you've died on a level several times and just want to get back to it. I'll give credit where credit is due. The music especially in combat was pretty good and the ambiance especially in the swamp was fairly emercive.

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2018-12-12 01:12:25

I usually swing multiple times and that seems to do it. Habe gotten a little farther now and the tutorials don't play anymore after you hear them. Sometimes swipes don't register if one doesn't swipe quick enough. Also give the attacks about a half second before responding as swinging too early will result in damage.

2018-12-13 01:18:09

Meh, I do have an Android device but it has a fair amount of lag. I want to try this game though, and it's free, so maybe I'll get my tablet up and running and give it a go.
Personally I'm not too offended by "the blind has to go save the day" theme. We're still in that "you're such an inspiration" phase with a lot of sighted people, so I guess if they want to make audio games they are more apt to come up with such a storyline. Maybe i"d be more offended/annoyed if I cared about storyline, but most of the time I don't really. I am most interested in whether I enjoy the action and atmosphere of the game, and I admit I'm pretty easy to impress. From what little I've read here, it sounds like I'll be dealing with some bugs/laggy response, plus the lag on the audio system of my tablet... In any case I guess I'll see what comes of it.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2018-12-13 04:46:27

I can't finish the finall battle because it has bug when i swinging to the left everything is fine but when i swinging to te right the game in one moment just wan't allow me to strike dark king no matter how fast I swing my attack keep missimg the target and when he hit me three times i just die. Regards, Karlitos

2018-12-13 06:30:09

hello, i am trying to battle with the dark king, but after some time when i try to block or hit him i always take dammage how can we complete that battle?

2018-12-13 07:24:06

Hi. this is exactly what I was talking about. swinging to the right seems to be the problem. it's impossible to finish the game with these bugs.

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2018-12-13 10:20:43

I encourage you guys to get in touch with the devs and provide them with some feedback. I am currently stuck at the second rune gate but haven't played more because I've been quite under the weather, but I will report if I can manage the dark king.

2018-12-13 11:43:52

you can try directly a battle with dark king.
to do that, go to the main menu then continue and then chapter 3.
after that, select level 4.
enjoy!

2018-12-13 16:01:58 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2018-12-13 17:00:42)

So as promised, I am here with my findings, having played the game all the way through from beginning to end. Suffice it to say that it isn't impossible to finish. It took me exactly 3 tries to take out the dark king, and yes, I did encounter the bug everyone is talking about, but it only seems to creep in late battle, so early on swiping right works fine. Thus you have to take advantage of that time when it does work so you can take a couple hits later on. I would say that when he charges his sword the second tine is when you should start worrying. This is odd because I never encountered this bug anywhere else. So yes, it is possible to finish the game.

Playing through with the second character now and I made it to the last part of the second chapter without a problem before dying.

2018-12-13 18:14:40

hello guys, how i can use my sword in the game? i can't understand what the game says for drawing sword. please explane what should i do to use sword? thanks alot

2018-12-13 19:08:00

To draw your sword out of combat mode, just touch the screen and don't lift your finger. You will hear it being drawn. To put it away just do the same action for drawing.

2018-12-15 00:55:25

Hi,
Thanks for this game and congrats.
I like the game mechanics and hack'n'slash in combat mode. So, I think sounds can be improved, but it's just my advice and it's not the most important.

However, I have something to say about the gameplay and about a bug that I have too.
For the gameplay, I find that the phone often responds poorly to gestures. When I'm in the continu mode, I have to slide my finger up like a nag to access the go to checkpoint option.
Attention, the following lines will contain
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I have also some problems with gestures in the runes puzzles. It often happens that my gestures are badly taken by the system. For this exemple, if I try to match air, dark and fire, it often happens that the gestures air and dark are done at the same time or one of the two is not done and I end up taking some damage.
In itself, if I passed the levels of the puzzles, it's more luck than succeeding the gestures because I always finished just in time. One more dammage and death says at me welcome to you.

For my bug problem: During the battle against the dark king, a glitch with the voice of the spirit occurs towards the middle of the battle.
From then on, it would be a disaster, I make the right gesture to slash in the right direction and I can't cut him So I can't finish this fight, despite I tried to do it for fifteen minutes.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
E
N
D

It may be possible that it comes from my smartphone, but I have a OnePlus 3T which is a powerful phone: 6 gig for my RAM, 128 gig for my space with a snapdragon 821. I never had a problem with gestures in the games before this one.

Hope that help and  congratulations again for this fun game!

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2018-12-15 01:27:06

Habe the same problems in the same areas. I got lucky with both the sections described. I suggest contacting the developers directly to report the issue. Perhapse I might inform them of this thread when I have a chance.

2018-12-19 00:23:35

The game is, in fact, very interesting.

Regards, Adil.