2018-12-12 03:22:24

Hi:

Just started playing with the concept demo of Perilous Hearts. Is this game going to   be released any time soon? The audio is awesome, and the jungle is quite believable.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-12-12 03:31:07

No, it's not. Don't even ask that question, because Phillp dropped the project. Yeah, it's a great game, but it. One of the people here has contacted, no response. So in short, no, it will not be released, sad to say.

2018-12-12 03:35:21

What a  pity ... are there any  other comparable sidescrollers? Good story, excellent audio, etc.?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-12-12 06:45:23

Adventure at C:. AS long as you don't mind/actually like 8bit audio, the game is great. Literally tons of replay value. A game I would pay for if it were paid, but it is free to download and play which is of course good.

2018-12-12 06:51:31

Ahh, forget sidescrollsers. I like 3d a lot better but hay, they are still okay. BK3 is one of my favorites, however it is Japenese [if you know Japanese or you can use a translator] but yeah, I used one, but I could also navigate since I understood some of japanese. But yeah.

2018-12-12 22:01:21 (edited by Chris 2018-12-12 22:35:05)

Adventure at C: is nothing like Perilous Hearts. Perilous Hearts has things that aren't found in other audio games. The AI is the most advanced I've ever come across and it was one of the first audio games to include platforming. At this point, I don't care about the original story which was rather corny and dry. The game could become a really great Jungle exploration/survival game with all kinds of puzzles, tasks, and traps.

I don't think we're ever going to see this project reach completion. Philip Bennefall stated four years ago that he was putting the project on hold because he ran out of money. I also imagine his new job takes up most of his time. I have tried emailing him asking if he would consider starting a Kickstarter campaign. I would be willing to throw quite a lot of money into it and would recommend everyone I know to do the same. However, I haven't received a response. I sent an email to his Blastbay address and I know it went through as I didn't get a bounce email. He either read it and doesn't care, or he no longer monitors that address.

There's also the possibility of selling the project to someone else who would maintain and improve it such as Liam, but it appears there's no way of contacting him and he may not be willing or even care to do that. In that case, don't tell people about a great project you're working on only to abandon it. It's cruel! I do agree that it's a damn shame. It's okay to cancel projects like this or really great TV shows, but if you even think about canceling Football or Basketball, you'd better watch out! The backlash would be incredible! A project like this with lots of strategic game play would be far more interesting than mindless sports.

Listen to this. It's awesome and I've expressed the same thoughts here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODlF1XSzgZk

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.