2018-12-06 14:12:27

swampgamer, and you wonder why people don't like you much? It's cause your a, ahem, dick sometimes? but that's neither here nor there, I'm still waiting for those sounds you were supposed to send me roflmao

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-06 23:04:48

Hello all, Just want to say thank you to Aprone and everybody who has contributed to the development of this great game. There are not many games like these for people for the blind and I appreciate the people who put there own time to give me something to play on those cold winter days. Thank you thank you. Keep up the good work and here is to growing and making swamp a better game.

2018-12-07 00:59:51

Just reporting a dodgy thing that just happened to me, but not asking or expecting anything to be done about it other than being fixed if possible in a future update. I decided to donate all the low and medium armour I had because I'll never use it and it was just cluttering up my inventory. When I logged back on, I wasn't wearing any armour, and when I went to put some on, half of my high armour was missing. Stuff that I didn't donate by mistake. Bit pissed off about the apronic belt and vest, but I can loot the other stuff. Also quite a few weapons are missing too. I definitely only donated armour, no weapons. I certainly won't be donating a bunch of stuff in future that's for sure. I have noticed before this happened that the inventory menu behaves strangely, in that things appear and disappear as you arrow up and down. Maybe this is what happened, I don't know. Anyway, I need to go do some serious looting.

2018-12-07 11:01:08

i wonder where aprone is? i haven't seen him about in a good while.

2018-12-12 15:20:33

Apologies if this is already a thing and I just don't know how to do it, but could we have the ability to reassign skillpoints without having to reset them all? I sometimes would like to take 50 each out of sneak and elusive and put them into quick learner. Having to reassign everything is a bit of a pain.

2018-12-12 22:06:55

i don't know if that can even be done? would be a cool feature though if it could be.

2018-12-13 15:47:58

I believe aprone was busy fixing his water heater. Something I would like to see is the ability to store multiple ammo in a locker. Storing one shell doesn’t seem practical. Well storing multiples of anything would be nice. It would eliminate the need for a storage character.

2018-12-13 17:22:20

While I too would love to store ammo and all, I think the point of death is a fresh start and loot for what you need.  It makes me super carefull LOL.

2018-12-13 20:12:38

Hi Aprone, I need a bit of help. Yesterday, I put myself in AFK mode for a bit as I had to do just that for a few minutes. I was in the SZ on m2. When I came back, I was in the main menu and my char had died. Is there any way you could bring it back for me? I'm completely stumped as to how I got killed when I was in the SZ. I was well away from the doorway.

2018-12-13 20:43:46

can i ask, were you still in the game when you went afk or did you switch to a different window? i've found it prudent to switch out of swamp to a totally different window just to make sure that my char doesn't have the oppertunity to move if the mouse somehow triggers.

2018-12-15 23:31:02

The SwampMas 2018 event has begun.  A special Dire roams around in each of the maps, carrying wrapping paper players will receive if they kill it.  The wrapping paper can be crafted into gifts to share with other players.  Enjoy and have a great holiday season.  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-12-15 23:36:48

Ooooooneoooh how exciting.  so the player who kills the dire gets the gift or all on the map?

2018-12-16 00:27:37

i take it the dire gets replaced when you kill it? otherwise there isn't that many to kill?

2018-12-16 00:32:30 (edited by Aprone 2018-12-16 00:33:02)

The person who kills the dire gets the wrapping paper, and then yes the same dire respawns on the map to be hunted down again.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-12-16 02:50:40

so what happens if the sz guard kills it?

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-12-16 06:33:36

That is a very good question.  Hmm, it Should (and I stress the word should) just respawn as normal.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-12-16 12:36:13

so hows coding for the new update doing? we haven't heard anything for a while.

2018-12-16 17:36:33

I haven't made any progress in about a month.  It's the busy season for me at my work, and I pretty much just have to wait until about the second week in January before I'll have a chance to get back to it.  sad

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-12-18 01:08:13

Hello guys.
I really want to play this game, however I can not run it on windows 10.
I followed the path to the html file, and nothing.
I get an error message.
How are you guys playing in Windows 10? I remember that a few years ago on windows 7 it was running without any problems.

2018-12-18 02:23:16

Hi leoguima,

In your Swamp directory, see a file called checkup.exe. Run this file and hit register files.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2018-12-18 14:08:18

masonian wrote:

Hi leoguima,

In your Swamp directory, see a file called checkup.exe. Run this file and hit register files.

I already did this, but even then an error appears when I am going to run the game.
Run-time error '52':

Bad file name or number

2018-12-18 16:49:37

leoguima also make sure you have unzipped the files correctly and you have obtained the patch. that error could be that you are trying to run swamp from the zipped archive instead of the unzipped folder. good luck.

2018-12-18 20:03:21

hello.
right now i don't have a mouse, and honestly i don't feel like buying one since i'm staying 2 more days in colege and then i'll go back home.
how long is the holiday event gonna last?

2018-12-25 11:23:02

I'm having a hoot killing dires on sub 2's bridge these days, thanks for the gifts Aprone! And Merry Christmas and happy holidays for everyone!!!
big_smile

2018-12-25 11:32:06

Merry Christmas to you as well!

- Aprone
Aprone's software