2018-12-10 22:22:15

Hi there guys.
Pretty sure some of the geeks around here will appreciate this news that is not very easy to dig out, Microsoft has decided to switch to Chromium for  edge browser as its engine. You may already have known about that one but what i've found out today is that  they have set a very high priority for accessibility implementations on their new framework.
This means a lot to me personally because not only edge browser will get a complete  accessibility overhaul, But Microsoft is going to directly contribute to Chromium accessibility regarding screen readers and other assistive technology software.
Here's the source link:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.or … 4HTt4M5dWo
I'm very optimistic on what they're doing since what i've seen on  Narrator improvements, being able to use it for windows installations and in the safe mode and what their team achieved with seeing AI.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-12-10 23:56:07

Man, you should look at the Narrator improvements in the latest insider build. Very amazing work.

2018-12-11 00:03:27 (edited by Chris 2018-12-11 00:03:52)

Microsoft is awesome! There was a point not too long ago when I thought I'd never say that, but it's true. Do you know when the new version of Edge with the Chromium engine is supposed to be released?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-12-11 00:29:47

I think nobody knows that yet, but I do assume it will land for insiders first, and since it didn't yet it's probably not that close. However, I can't wait for the next update to try chrome support in Narrator, and you can hide it to system tray finally which is what I wanted for quite some time.

2018-12-11 01:46:42

Edge will be available for both Windows 7 and Windows 8 under Microsoft's current lifecycle plans. The company says these “under the hood” changes will take place gradually over the next year, and developed in the open, with a preview build for web developers ready in early 2019.4

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-12-11 02:29:52

Love it. Should be quite great. The current version of Edge was only truely good with Narrator, but this should be much better.

2018-12-11 04:31:53

Lol, open-source extremists would say "Microsoft is evil" and all that. Which is funny, because people bitched about git hub when MS bought it, and they haven't fucked it up one bit. I don't use edge, so not really sure how this will impact me. But considering that I use narrator on the Xbox, this should be very interesting. Now if only they could get rid of the "lets duck all audio before speaking" on the Xbox, or make that togglable...

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-11 04:45:35 (edited by magurp244 2018-12-11 04:49:29)

Open source extremists? Let's not forget Microsoft has a history of veiled attempts to outright destroy Open Source, and there's no shortage of companies that buy out others and strip them down the line when its no longer to their advantage. Corporations can be a fickle bunch, but the Microsoft of today is surprisingly quite different, indeed they have become quite the benefit to the community as a whole. For now, at least. I can only hope they, or their shareholders, continue to see the benefits of doing so.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-12-11 04:59:20 (edited by Ethin 2018-12-11 05:01:36)

Yes, open source extremists. They still believe that Microsoft is all evil and should not be touched with a ten-foot poll, and refuse, under any circumstance, to see the new Microsoft that is around these days. Yes, Microsoft has that history, but practically every modern corporation these days has that kind of history. Microsoft hasn't stripped git hub at all, nor have they done anything to destroy it or make it not what it was before they bought it, yet people have still moved away from it because of the "big, bad microsoft". That is open-source extremism. Or, more accurately, it is hardcore belief-ism -- not willing to cooperate with any company that does not agree with what you believe in.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-11 05:42:37

One could argue that the very fact so many corporations have such a reputation is validation of such reluctance, and not necessarily extremism. Still, there has certainly been a rash of that kind of polarized thinking lately in all manner of places... It can be quite detrimental to progress if people aren't even willing to entertain the idea of cooperation, but its understandable in a way given the predatory ethics floating around. Rebuilding trust can be an uphill battle, but i'm glad Microsoft is charting its own course and making the effort, especially in these troubling times.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-12-11 07:11:40

I'm glad as well. Though I wish Microsoft would open-source Windows, on one hand I'm not, since if the windows API is any indicator, its one hell of a messy peace of shit. Rofl

My Github

2018-12-12 04:41:10

I'm so exyted about the transition between the engine I was supposed to use since 2012...

73 Wj3u