2018-12-11 20:25:26

I ask this because i just started playing LOTJ a mud which I found and some of you probably play on here.
They use MUSHclient for the mapper and scripts and other such things which make the game much easier.
Only having VIP mud on my computer I want to know how accessible MUSHclient  is.
I already downloaded the one listed on the LOTJ site which is setup for their game and scripts.
It was not accessible for me using NVDA.
Has anyone had better luck and is their an addon for it?
Is their a way to do the things MUSHclient  does with VIP mud and NVDA.
I love LOTJ by the way and any tips for a better experience with a screen reader are welcome.

2018-12-11 20:37:15 (edited by blaze 2018-12-11 20:40:13)

Yes there is. Tyler spivy has created a set of plugins for mushclient that will speak the output as it appears. The easiest way to set this up is to download the following extracter, then just paste it over your existing mushclient installation.
http://www.allinaccess.com/mc/mushclient-portable.exe
This should work in theory, but let me know if it doesn't for whatever reason.

2018-12-11 21:34:34

so, that is an EXE file, do I run the file, or should I find a way to open it and paste it over my instillation. I got it from github so it may be different.

2018-12-11 21:46:47

never mind it auto extracted, I will let you know how it works.

2018-12-11 21:56:30

alright got it to paste over and everything, how do I switch between input and output windows, it will not read the output window, it only reads it when it first comes up.
Basically I can not switch to it and scroll the text to read what is being output.
Thanks.

2018-12-11 23:17:25

Control tab should toggle to the notepad plugin where the output is printed.

2018-12-11 23:47:25

what is the difference between the
TCP IP address and the field that says address.
their are also two port fields.
this is in the IP address tab which is part of the setup for a new world.
what do I put where, I found the numbers for LOTJ just do not know in what field they go.