2018-12-11 22:36:06

Hello
Here David from myTrueSound.

We will be adding to the future episodes of GoldGun some first person shooting action. We have different opinions on the team about how to do it, and what would be the most realistic way to get.

The limitations is that our games are for mobile devices, both iOS and Android. So the game mechanics have to be implemented through the tactile interface and/or the gyroscope.

Based on your experience, could you appoint what would be the most realistic way to do it?. I just need the concept, we will take care of the coding smile
Your explanations can be as detailed as possible. All the information you provide will be carefully read.

Thanks for helping!

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2018-12-12 04:01:50

Hi, i know how it could be done.
You could tilt your device to aim, tap the screen to shoot, swipe upwards to switch weapons, and flick down to reload.
You could shake your device to unjam the weapon.
If you need another voice actor, just ask.
I just got a new microphone.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-12-12 05:12:59

Please no tilting! I hate games where you have to tilt the phone because it hurts my wrist after a while and it's not precise. Other than the tilting idea the rest is good. I'd suggest a swipe to turn system or make it so as you physically turn your body the character turns.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-12-12 09:42:44

RTT entertainment wrote:

Hi, i know how it could be done.
You could tilt your device to aim, tap the screen to shoot, swipe upwards to switch weapons, and flick down to reload.
You could shake your device to unjam the weapon.
If you need another voice actor, just ask.
I just got a new microphone.

Thanks @RTT. That is pretty close to the game mechanics we thought, but then, what is really aiming? Do we put full 3D-sound? Would that be enough? Have you played any game where you could actually aim, or were those based on just left-center-right thing?

2018-12-12 09:48:12

techmaster20 wrote:

Please no tilting! I hate games where you have to tilt the phone because it hurts my wrist after a while and it's not precise. Other than the tilting idea the rest is good. I'd suggest a swipe to turn system or make it so as you physically turn your body the character turns.

Hi @techmaster20. I really appreciate what you said about tilting. Our goal is to implement different type of game mechanics, so every player chooses its favorite. On the first episode of GoldGun, that will not be yet ready unfortunately. We were investigating lot on our previous demos about perfect game mechanics system, and found out that there is not one. For this first game we choose gyroscope. In order to be as nice to use as possible, our system calibrates itself from the gyroscope information, in such way that the most comfortable position for you is the neutral for us. Neutral doesn't mean horizontally flat, just the one it is more handy for you. After that, tilting perhaps doesn't force your wrist so much. Hopefully.

2018-12-12 13:34:44

Hi. What about implementing a setting that allows you to choose your favourite? I know this will be more work, but I think it will help in the long run.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-12-12 16:50:04

Hi,
One thing to note about physically turning your body is that it limits where you can play. You cannot turn 360 degrees while sitting in a car, for example.

2018-12-13 10:51:54

Thanks for the answers. Let's see what we can do!