2018-12-10 02:43:02

I think this time the story will be centered around dark raiden and someone trying to undo the changes he made in this new timeline. and maybe, the return of onaga?. but i sincerely doubt the story will focuss around cassie and her team again.  of course, this is pure speculation.....

about the music, i completely agree.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2018-12-10 03:46:00

I agree on the music but its in the lyrics not the music. Anyone remember sf4's indestructible? Lol
50 may be right, I already heard 2 people say that it looks like the sands of time in the hourglass is rising not falling.

2018-12-10 04:10:32

Indestructable was a horrible song for the SF IV theme.. I'm glad they took it out in subsequent versions. lol It sounded like a song that would be played before a high school basketball game. Didn't fit at all. lol.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-10 10:10:47

The hourglass moving up. and for music, they should use the Mortal Kombat song rather than 21 whatever.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-12-11 02:04:20

assault_freak wrote:

I confess that as a Japanese speaker, even someone who isn't fluent, I take the lack of a dub for granted... because even with games that have language options I use the Japanese anyway as I'm fluent.

Because nobody has yet pointed out this amusing contradiction, I figured I'd start off by doing so.
I'm looking forwards to this game, and am considering preordering it for the extra character, although people are right in saying that the last few releases by NRS haven't been the best. I'm not pretending that I look for a huge amount of fancy fighting mechanics, though. I just enjoy games for what they are; when I play them at least. Which is, I admit, not very often. The trailer for this sounds fun, though, so I'm thinking about it. Assuming that the music in the beginning either doesn't play a big part in the game, or can be turned off. tongue

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-12-11 04:37:52

Lol, i seriously doubt the music in the trailor is a representation of whats coming to the game. Mk never and I do mean never has music like that. Even the mk theme that even non mk players know isn't in any of the games during gameplay

2018-12-11 07:35:12

This is fair enough.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-12-11 16:49:51

The only thing that really bugs me about this game is there will probably be more micro transaction crap to deal with, kombat pack anybody? I don't mind shelling out for a game, but god i miss the days of unlocking the disk by playing the game. and beating it to earn stuff. I'll probably preorder so i can have all the fighters, but god that business model bugs me so much.

2018-12-11 20:23:47

The MK theme that people know is from the movies. Nothing to do with the game itself... true that the trailer music is definitely not the type of music in the games though. But frankly, MK's music has been lacklustre since MK Vs. DCU. MK 9 had a couple of decent tracks, but only a couple. Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 stil had the best soundtracks imo. And MK Deception, for all that it sucked as a fighting game, definitely had some decent music.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-11 21:49:24

arqmeister wrote:

The only thing that really bugs me about this game is there will probably be more micro transaction crap to deal with, kombat pack anybody? I don't mind shelling out for a game, but god i miss the days of unlocking the disk by playing the game. and beating it to earn stuff. I'll probably preorder so i can have all the fighters, but god that business model bugs me so much.

Actually, I think the business model of kombat packs are not that bad. you wait a few months and you'll get a good deal to get all the dlcs for a very low price. But, my friend, what i'm really am going to bet on is that the mother boxes and crates and all that horrible lootbox systems that we saw in injustice 2 are going to make way  into mk 11. I'm pretty sure that all really put a good taste in their mouths and they can't wait to make some good money with MK and lootboxes

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-12-11 21:56:51

I mean to be fair to Injustice 2, the lootboxes were only earnable in game as far as I know, you couldn't directly buy either credits or mother boxes, so really it was just grindy as hell, they weren't charging you for it.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-01-17 22:43:11

So, I watched the live stream this afternnon, and here are my thoughts.
1: Baraka and Skarlet are back! That's amazing!
2: X-Ray's aren't a thing anymore. It's now called Fatal Blow, and it sounds more like super moves from Injustice. Not sure if I like it, sounded pretty overpowered from the gameplay.
3: The gear system, from what I heard, is not, at all, as intensive as Injustice 2. Sure, you can customize it, but it's super cosmetic rather than stat based. It might change your attacks ever so slightly, but instead of 5 gear slots there's now 3, so even now you don't have to worry about all that. And, if my friend was correct, you have 5 base variations to play with.
Final Thoughts: I'm optimistic. It's new, it's entertaining, and I can't wait for the game. It remains to be seen how much the gear really effects stuff, but it doesn't seem like it will be as inaccessible as we all think. Side note, The sounds for full meters are back. That was in the gameplay I heard.
I'm excited!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2019-01-17 22:53:19 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-01-17 23:00:56)

Honestly, not that impressed over here. Sure, the presentation seems to be good as usual, but ehh. X-rays got turned into the game's version of desperation moves, which is neat. But aside from that, not much going for it so far but we'll see. And the gear system's back, I have no faith until more info's actually released, but knowing our luck there'll be stats again, and you're gonna have to do lootboxes again unless they bring the krypt back or everything's already unlocked from the start, which would be pretty unlikely.
But, I'll hold judgement until we actually know more for sure. But if D'vorah's not back, I'll be very sad.

2019-01-17 23:47:41

Hi.
I've just watched the following gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMvMQGZTP1o
Regarding the customs: Sounds like you can hear what kind of weapon you are giving the characters. So it might be accessible or at leased doable.
A lot of things are possible now that we can easily do OCR by streaming the console screen to the computer.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-18 05:24:10

Man I'm hyped for character customisation. I kinda wished they'd revamp the sound design a bit though, I literally feel like I'm playing a cooler version of MKX. It's still early days though so anythings slated to change. I'll be overseas when it launches so I'll just have to like, avoid social media and hate you all for about a week or so. tongue

2019-01-18 06:17:12

The crushing blow is gonna change the outcome of the whole match pretty much. They're basically supers from Injustice, which is the same as X-rays. Pretty powerful but i'm all for the cinematic stuff during matches. I find SF matches boring on the presentation front.

2019-01-18 07:45:11 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-01-18 07:50:27)

Quick details from Maximilian's stream...
Crushing blows can stack, meaning possible touch of death combos because they do so much damage.
You can change input buffer time.
There is now a parry mechanic.
Meter burning with the block button is gone, each move has it's own meter burn command. Not sure if I like that one.
Tapping up quickly results in a short hop instead of a normal jump.
These mechanic changes are definitely more interesting, but we'll have to see how they actually work out while playing in a few months.

2019-01-18 11:30:38

@BlindNinja thanks for the info

2019-01-18 14:26:20

Some of this just feels like adding stuff for the sake of adding stuff. I like it but I also feel a bit underwhelmed.

2019-01-18 17:08:04

@aaron
Yeah, my feelings exactly. Like part of me likes it, but another part is just kinda skeptical until it actually gets here.
Oh, and something else I forgot to mention... breakers are apparently gone, combos are shorter. Your meter is now split into 2 sections, offensive and defensive moves. Not quite sure what you can use it for yet, presumably parries take part of your defensive meter, and meter burning uses offense? They're not like traditional FG meters, they just recharge over time which means retreating can actually reward you more than fighting at times. Overall, so far what I've heard from Max's crew seems to indicate that it's an MK game that plays competitively kinda like Street Fighter. But not sure how accurate that actually is, since I'm a filthy casual for the most part. tongue

2019-01-18 17:53:47

I'm very interested to see how this all plays out when we get our hands on it.  couple of things I noticed: 
meter sounds are back, and seem to be quite prevalent and loud, which is nice.  Also with OCR, I am sure customisation will be doable.  It is in injustice 2, and this game looks to be a lot less grindy and reliant on getting the right gear.  In terms of customising moves, assuming there is an order to them when making your own variation, I'm more than happy to write that up for ps4 users who can't OCR stuff. 
It still amazes me how many games and parts of games that opens up by the way.

2019-01-19 07:57:50 (edited by Lirin 2019-01-19 07:58:56)

Basically what I knof for now makes me like I'll pass. Nothing interesting for me there. MK is just MK, popular, great as there is huge fanbase but I feels like I saw everything before and even these small changes are not making me interested. BTW, did you notice how the game sounds now? The hits and everything is kinda... um, I don't know, kinda weird and sometimes I felt like futuristic.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-01-19 16:02:31

there is an interview here which I recommend reading.  good news, we won't have to grind for special moves anymore.  they are all available at the start. 

https://www.gamecrate.com/mortal-kombat … ters/21980

2019-01-20 12:43:43

Nice article. Thanks for sharing this.
Sounds like there will be a lot of replayability in the story mode, because the outcome will change based on what you do. I look forward to see how that works.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-22 18:14:33

Lirin wrote:

. BTW, did you notice how the game sounds now? The hits and everything is kinda... um, I don't know, kinda weird and sometimes I felt like futuristic.

It sounds like sh*t. scorpion spear sounds absolutely horrible compared to the mkx version.
This gotta be placeholder sounds, or someone who designed mkx sounds literally got fired.