2018-12-07 05:40:07

Ever wanted to make a rhythm rage pack, but the amount of ridiculous coding ruins your eagerness to finish? Look no farther because I have built a level creator for the game. It writes the level for you including the time values, so no more having to find the bpm! Just drag and drop your sounds from your pack in and make your level! It even creates aliases for you if you wish! See the manual for all the features and flaws of this tool. But I'd love for you to try it out. Link to dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/by8nncncvekjl … 9.zip?dl=1

2018-12-07 17:25:13

Hello,
can you please record a tutorial how are you making the level with this?
I mean the key pressing and the editing after that.

Thanks soo much!

check my sounds on
freesound

2018-12-07 17:31:54 (edited by Zarvox 2018-12-07 17:32:51)

Sure. Honestly I haven’t used it myself so I don’t know how crappy this is but I can do audio tutorials

2018-12-07 17:56:24

About time this game got some love, lol I haven't tried this myself, but props to you for trying to help it along.
This game could've surpassed Beatstar in both pack amount and complexity, but I think the barrier for that was the scripting end of things.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-08 06:05:59

Before I get on with my post, I want to apologize for bringing this topic back on top of the topics list. That is not my intension. But I didn't want to leave y'all hanging, because people have requested audio tutorials, and I will not be doing   them quite yet.
The audio tutorials that have been requested will be delayed until the new manual is complete. The audio tutorials will be youtube videos that will be accessible via the new manual. So it will take me some time to finish this manual and add the audio to it. I apologize for the wait. On the bright side, I have added a feature that was previously only able to be used if you had the source code, and the sound names are much more self explanitory now. So this next update will be a few days to a week, who knows maybe longer. But when it is finished, I will edit post 1 with the new link and write a new post to inform that it is finished. Until the new manual is available, use this forum topic or send me an email to ask any questions you have. Email:
[email protected]

2018-12-08 08:33:20

Hi
Is this for windows?
Wow, I need to work on the cross platform version of this game
I see people still play it, anyway I plan to make some of the levels easier because many people including me couldn't keep up with some of the content.

wow

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-12-08 14:02:50

oriol can you make pack editer thingy in rh like beatstar it will easier for making levels.

Yours kindly

2018-12-08 16:53:34

While the concept of the tool is cool, I have a few problems/questions:
1: Does the tool type in a file only?
2: If the answer to the question is yes... Do I have to go in and edit my file by hand?
3: Please add a way to replay the level so a creator can hear what needs to be adjusted.
4: Possibly add a way to pause/rewind the music... handy for folks like me who want complicated rhythms that may take a few times to redo.
5: Add a setting file that saves your aliases and macros... Come on, don't tell me you don't want that...
6: Let's actually look at the output. Let's start with the action...
action name= time=1773 fail=fail early=early late=late key=space
So let me break this down... Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly.
action name= blank? Why would I name my actions? Is there any point to it? Would the game not read my level correctly if I had unnamed actions in my file?
key=space... I skipped over the time and fail/early because I was able to understand it. Am I correct that if I edit the space part and put in, say, z, that action will require z to be pressed?
7: play name= time=5139
I understand the time values, but what is play name=? The sound? The name of the action? Oriol's way of screwing with us? Okay maybe not the last one... but still.
So far, I think that this is a super neat concept. I just hope you'll take my suggestions and give them consideration as well as explain the output syntacs.

2018-12-08 18:04:17

@post 8, here are your answers.
!, does it type in file only? Yes, right now it doesn't save any data in the actual program. I kno that is a huge issue, but I wanted to release this now, and have it available for people to use while I add the saving in program part.
2, Do you have to go back when done and edit by hand? Yes. I did not fill in the names as you can see, so you will need to open it and add the sound names. You will also need to add any aliases you would like in the require= fileld for achievements.
3, Replay level in program. that is my next main goal, but like I said, I just wanted to get this out to everyone so they have something to do while I have it save in the program. I don't know if I will have to rewrite the whole program or not.
4, Adding pause and rewind. I can add a pause feature. A rewind feature may take me a few tries but I can add it. I also added a seek fewature to where you can type in the starting value of the file so if you are at 25 seconds you don't have to wait 25 seconds every time you open the editor.
5, saving aliases and macros. Obviously I want that, but again I don't know if I will have to rewrite the whole program for that. I'm not very skilled at coding, I just slapped this all together. Not expecting to get this far.
6, what does, name, mean? The creator  codes the exact syntax of the level, meaning you don't have to do anything except go back in and add the names of the sounds. The name= field, is the name of your sound for play or action, it is a rhythm rage thing, not a level creator thing. The fail, early, and late are already filled in, but if you want to replace those with your own names you can do so. And if you change the key will it actually be that key? Yes. This program is not tied to the file in any way, the file is just created  with the program. In otherwords, the program does not connect itself to the file, so it is just a regular text file like every other rhythm rage level.
7, play name= and action=. THe play name= is the play sound in rhythm rage. The action name= is the action sound in rhythm rage. I did not fill in the name fields, because everyone has different names they want to use for their sounds. For example, I might have the name of my play sound be, space twice.ogg. But I might also want a different play sound for if you only have to press spacee once, space once.ogg. It is a rhythm rage concept, not related to my editor. I left it blank so that you coul fill in the names of the sounds yourself and not have to do a find an d replace.

2018-12-08 23:40:31

hi all
When I try to download the program, it won't let me run or save it.
When I try to save it it says: This program is not downloaded offen and can harm your computer.
is there any way to solve this problem?
Regards

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2018-12-09 01:32:01

@post 10 it is a windows security alert. It gives that to everyone who downloads a program like this. I guess a message from dropbox. There should be a download anyway button. Depending on your browser the option might be handled differently, but you should be able to find a download anyway button. Maybe you have to press more info first, not sure.

2018-12-09 12:44:31

go to the button that sais keap with the tab key and press space on it, you wil get a dialog box asking you if you want to keap the file then press on keap any way or somthing like that

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2018-12-09 15:55:28

hi all
@posts 11 and 12, thankss for the help
regards

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2018-12-10 04:32:24

Alright. So after messing around with the level creator, here are my thoughts/questions.
1: What's the point of having an alias if I'm not able to use it in the program? I get it why would I want it when I'm creating a level by hand, but why would I want it in the program?
2: The program seems slightly sluggish, though that's expected.
3: A possible suggestion, and I don't know how hard would it be to do but... Would it be possible to go action to action and hear it with the music? You see, it's a little difficult counting them, especially when you got multiple ones back to back. Again, I know it may be difficult, but it'd be incredible if something like that could be implemented, and it will insure a pack with greater accuracy over all.
4: If you can't implement suggestion number 3, how bout being able to choose where to go within the song? This will not be as good as implementing the action to action method, but it'd still make it easier for debug purposes.
Over all, I really like where this is going. I've created a level in about 2 hours, a basic one, but still. Most of it was me screwing up and restarting and then playing it and adjusting some values. This is not perfect, but it'll be useful for sure, especially if you continue to work on this.

2018-12-10 07:26:12 (edited by Zarvox 2018-12-10 07:26:32)

@number 14, I understand your issue of not being able to playback sounds in the level once it is created. I don't know if I will have to rewrite the whole program to fix that, or if I am just doing something wrong with saving data. I might have someone make that part for me, beause that is a huge thing to have. As for the seek feature, I have added it, but it was after the release you currently have. I have added comments as well, and the option to remove early and late from your lines. I will  also add a basic pause feature too. And, a new file propt. So this editor is getting a lot of upgrades that I haven't released yet. And the manual will be a very detailed new html file with examples to help you with aliases, macros, and more.

2018-12-15 01:45:50

Version 3.0 is now available, link below.
Three important things. Number 1, the manual is now an html ver detailed document, so all of your questions should be answered now. Hope it helps.
Number 2. Audio tutorials have not been made yet, been working on this.
And number 3, changed generated.txt to generated.lvl. Lvl still opens in notepad.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocqsdrbghj0yp … 9.zip?dl=1