2018-12-08 16:56:40

Hi. I am looking for some fully accessible audio editing software with which I can make my videos. I know about open broadcaster software, but apparently that needs some work to actually set up. It would be cool if Nathan tech  could make such software. How about a partnership with Rocky waters.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-12-08 17:58:39

If you just want audio, use Goldwave, save as mp3, and upload through:
tunestotube.com
Only restriction with free accounts is that there's a visual watermark placed in the video containing the url for tunestotube.

2018-12-08 18:08:22

Thanks. What does this website do? Also, isn’t gold wave a paid programme?

2018-12-08 18:30:19

Goldwave is a paid program, but worth every penny in my opinion. Very reasonably priced.
Tunestotube will allow you to upload an mp3 and it will convert it to a video format on the fly, and upload it to Youtube for you.

2018-12-08 21:42:38

How often will this question pop up on the forum lol.  Idk what you want to do, but Reaper, audacity, and Goldwave are your 3 accessible options - Reaper being the most robust, depending on how much you know about audio is how easy or hard a time you'll have learning Reaper, but it's worth it.  I used to use audacity, works pretty well if you want something free to get your feet wet with, but like I said, not sure exactly what you want to do. 

I have a computer that still has windows movie maker, so I just put a still image or stock footage that loops seamlessly in there and copy paste it throughout the video until it's done.  My videos are short, I do music covers, so not sure how that will work for what you want to do but it's an option for making videos without having to edit sniz.  Reaper also has where you can sync video with audio as well, but once again it's a matter of how much you want to learn using reaper. 

So really, it's up to you.  Those are the three best options for blindies to use for audio imo, hope that helps!

2018-12-08 23:38:17

Yeah. That's pretty much what tunestotube does, automating the still photo looping process, or if you don't have a photo to attach, it creates a background for you, either predefined or based off id3 tag info of the audio.

2018-12-09 08:35:51 (edited by CrystalD 2018-12-09 08:36:24)

Oh snap, I need to try that out then!  That woudl be nice to have as a feature, video making is what I hate the most lol

2018-12-09 09:14:22

Hi guys. Thanks for the help. I think I am probably going to be using audacity. Do you think someone could please, if possible, teach me all the nuances of audio editing? I would like to make my content as professional as possible. I have just purchased a new microphone. Thanks.

2018-12-09 14:51:41 (edited by jack 2018-12-09 14:53:00)

If you just bought an new microphone, then why don't you, at the very least, purchase a 1year license for Goldwave? A year is $15, and a full license is $45. If you are still on the fence, you can at least use it for a year without breaking the bank. Plus there is a very generous trial that has a 30000command limit, so that too will give you plenty of time to try it out. I know, technically this is pushing you over to another software, but one, it's the one I could help you with the most, 2 the interface is so much more streamlined than audacity, and 3...at least the built-in effects aren't all plugins! Sorry, had to get that in there. Audacity is a good starting point but the accessibility and the interface is not nearly as streamlined as Goldwave's. Plus, i don't like Audacity's way of segmenting files in a project, it confused me the first time I saw a folder with a bunch of different files in it.

2018-12-09 16:29:43

Thanks. I don’t think I will be able to purchase it right now. I think I still have access to the trial. I might even have it installed on my PC.  Maybe when Christmases ended.

2018-12-09 18:21:55

The trial can certainly be drawn out that long, I know it took me a while to reach my 3000command limit. Basically, the only point at which it would be a 15run trial is if you actually used 200commands each time you ran the program. Which for small projects, is doubtful. You don't have to run through your command limit every time you use the program.

2018-12-10 02:29:55

Goldwave's on a 25% discount by the way, so if you want to throw something extra into your Christmas shopping now's the perfect time to.

2018-12-10 18:10:21

Hi. I have everything that I need. My microphone unexpectedly arrived a day early. The only problem is that I can’t seem to get gold wave to record the internal audio. I don’t want the microphone to record the sound that is coming out of my speakers. Also, how can I make my screen reader stop speaking like Liam does on his streams? Thanks.