2018-12-06 18:10:51

Soooooooo...
I kind of wanted to make my own language, roflmao. Like J. R. R. Tolkeen did, he made the elven language, I've looked stuff up and it seems possible? But hard as hell. Any tips if yall have any? I don't even know if I'll go threw with this, but it sounds fun?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-06 19:22:03

even if you did teaching it would be a pain in the ass and no one would use it.

looking forward to learn this new language though big_smile

2018-12-06 21:07:20

Everything is possible . . . or perhaps not.

2018-12-06 23:05:12

lol, I fancy myself a writer, so might use it for that

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-07 01:26:02

Computer Scientists generally discourage new Computer Scientists from inventing their own languages, but we still see a whole host of languages popping up, mostly to prove to the inventors that they could actually do it.

So in your case, yup go for it, invent your own tongue, if nothing else but to prove to yourself that you can. big_smile

2018-12-07 01:57:15 (edited by Ethin 2018-12-07 01:58:46)

Anything is possible, I say. Hell, I wrote a calculator in a long-winded way with a parser generator, just to prove to myself I could do it. And guess what? It worked so well I was able to use it in science classes. If anyone wants it, I'd be happy to publicize it, though I can't maintain it since I lost the source to it. Hmmm... wonder if I should remake it and bring in some algebraic and geometric functions into it.... hmmm, bares some thought.....

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-07 12:46:06

It's possible. I have an interest in doing the very same thing. I think when  creating his language, Tolkien had  inspiration  from other languages.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2018-12-07 14:04:41

sure it is possible. i also thought of the same thing once.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.