2018-12-06 09:42:56

Hi everyone.
So here’s thE short and sweet of it. I’m a die-hard Captain America fan. He’s my favorite. I also collect action figures. I asked my mom for this for Christmas so obviously I don’t know if she got it. My question: Do I buy it and run the risk of having two, or wait until Christmas and run the risk of it going out of stock? Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Captain-A … B01BO7763Q

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-12-06 10:59:38

Something like that happened to me once. I went to the Mall on some weird teamup O and M trip, found a book that I wanted, and asked if they could hold a copy until I got the OK from my parents... who did a poor job of not making it obvious they'd already bought one for me for Christmas.
But since that's almost certainly not a perfectly viable strategy, here... I suppose you could order one, then if your mom gets you one, sell the one you bought on ebay? ... That strategy feels like it wouldn't go over well. I guess you could ask someone who would know if it would be a good idea, and rely on them being better than my parents were at plausible deniability?  Or-or, you could wait, and if it's out of stock after Christmas, check ebay?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-12-06 11:36:49

What I usually do is to never buy anything that's on my Christmas list until after Christmas when I presumably didn't get it. Same goes for things not on my Christmas list but which they might get for me anyway, because I've expressed interest, hinted at something, etc. When I will buy something is when absolutely nothing like it is on my Christmas list, nobody else would know how to find it, it's an eBay auction I don't want to slip away and I absolutely know nobody else is getting it for me because of the nature of the item, etc.

2018-12-06 12:00:36

spend your $40 on something good, eg something batman related.

2018-12-06 15:03:34

Well, while as I've said before superheroes are totally not my thing, I'd consider several factors.

First, is it something your parents actually could! get you if they wanted?
My parents for instance don't do online shopping, so I tend to know if something is available online only it can be something I can buy, ditto with most tech orientated presents.

If it is indeed something your parents could! buy, do they know precisely what you want? While crimbo surprises are rather nice, my brother had a tendency of throwing a few too many strops as a child when he got bought not quite exactly the right thing, or even the right thing but in the wrong box,  if it is something specific my parents have had a tendency to just come out and ask,  depending upon your relationship with your parents if this is something which is likely to be available for a limited time only, then asking might be a good idea, though by the same token if its soemthing which is likely to be just as available after christmas you might be okay waiting as Jaybird said.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-06 15:33:44

Guys, Amazon allows you to send your purchased goods back within 30 days, so why not buy it and if your parents already purchased one for you, just send the one from Amazon back and you're good to go. No need to huzzle with eBay and maybe even money loss due to a lower selling price.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2018-12-06 17:37:00

Here’s the thing. I’m an out of box collector. So I guess I could buy it and just in case leave it in box until the day of Christmas. And Alireza, I already have a Batman Through The Ages collection of figures, but along with all my DC and Star Wars stuff, it’s packed away.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-12-07 10:09:03

I don't particularly like America, but it's captain is a bad ass.

2018-12-19 17:24:54

So, this situation actually ended up resolving itself. It's the one early Christmas present that doubled as a birthday present I got. It's pretty awesome too.