@vylcount, hahaha, welcome to audiogames.net, a forum for blind gamers
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
@vylcount, hahaha, welcome to audiogames.net, a forum for blind gamers
@Defender, Can you refresh me on the ideas you had for inter kingdom politics and major events! I'm interested
Hi guys, so this update is nothing huge but there are some nice changes, we have a new race, some additional information in diplomacy, some bugfixes and a bunch of new content.
**NEW GAME CONTROLLS**
You can now disable the rebellion in custom games, this was added with the idea that you can make custom games far more custom and play how you want to play instead of following the linear story of rebellio, bandits, goblins and so on. We also have the ability to retreat when seeing spymaster report if you think a battle is too risky.
* Added ability to disable the rebellion in custom game options
* Added ability to retreat on pre-battle spymaster report screen (credit u/vylcount)
**NEW RACE - THE BLOGROKI**
The Blogroki are a new warsim exclusive race that can appear in your world, they are ugly underworld dwelling creatures that look to be some kind of mix of rat and monkey.
* Added new race 'Blogroki'
* Added 74'649'600 Blogroki faces and new face generator in extras
* Added Blogroki to the race packs
* Added Blogroki concept notes to extras folder in warsim files
You can now view the full troops trees of each of these preset factions just as you can with the procedurally generated kingdoms, I have no idea why it never occured to me to do this before, but now you have it, it also lists each factions last stand troops, these are only found when you attack the last land of the faction.
* Added rebel troop tree to rebel diplomacy
* Added bandit troop tree to bandit diplomacy
* Added krut troop tree to krut diplomacy
* Added erak troop tree to erak diplomacy
* Fixed king ooolak surprise graphic being misaligned
* Fixed king ooolak's crown graphic in diplomacy talk
* Fixed roughian spelling to Ruffian (credit defender)
**NEW NAME SUFFIXES**
Funfact, the name 'Lovespoon' is a reference to welsh lovespoons, spoons carved out of wood decorated and shaped by many symbols and often given to show romantic intent.
* Added new name suffix 'the Mountainjumper' (+22 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Dunejumper' (+7 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Hilljumper' (+8 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Chasmjumper' (+25 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Craterjumper' (+11 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Holejumper' (+7 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Cliffjumper' (+25 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Bane of Savages' (+44 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Faraway Warrior' (+22 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Faraway Warlord' (+31 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkhilt' (+7 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkhand' (+8 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkblade' (+12 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkheart' (+12 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkpommel' (+5 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkguard' (+11 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkwood' (+9 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darklance' (+12 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkbow' (+12 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkblood' (+15 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkfoot' (+7 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darkhorse' (+7 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Darksky' (+12 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Lovespoon' (+10 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Eastern Scout' (+20 battlescore)
**NEW UNIT TYPES**
* Added new unit type 'Lowguard'
* Added new unit type 'Hillguard'
* Added new unit type 'Moundguard'
* Added new unit type 'Barrowguard'
* Added new unit type 'Towerguard'
* Added new unit type 'Fortguard'
* Added new unit type 'Castleguard'
* Added new unit type 'Keepguard'
* Added new unit type 'Dockguard'
* Added new unit type 'Coastguard'
* Added new unit type 'Isleguard'
* Added new unit type 'Throneguard'
* Added new unit type 'Woodguard'
* Added new unit type 'Jungleguard'
* Added new unit type 'Forestguard'
* Added 'Dogtrainer' hero origin story
* Added 'Yet to venture' hero origin story
* Added new ruffian name suffix 'the Little Rascal'
* Added new ruffian name suffix 'the Little Tot'
* Added new ruffian name suffix 'the Little Boy'
* Added 3 order of the roses dialogues
* Added 5 new demon names
Cool new race!
And that retreat option sounds very useful
So here are the ideas you asked for...
Major post demon events:
from posts 612/668 (Defender) and 619 (Wastelander)
I was thinking that it would be neat if there were an invading army, based on your current troop count, so probably double that or something, that would come from the east or the north, I'm thinking east lizard folk, north Orcs, but what ever is fine and race randomization would be cool, as long as your units are relatively well matched, especially, for instance, if your popularity was below a certain point then maybe you'd get centaurs or elves from the west instead.
I'm thinking that they would take a few years to show up, possibly like 6? and every year they would spawn a war camp with some soldiers in it, and if you caught it and killed those soldiers, you would reduce the number of units in the invading army, either as a 1 to 1 ratio or something else, so that by the time it got to you, if you were paying attention and smashing the camps as soon as they popped up, you would get the reward of less invading troops, to a certain point of course.
Another cool prospect would be if their were caravans with magical fruit that pop up as well, with guards of course, I'm thinking not the same race but maybe human barbarian mercs, and if you destroyed those than they would have less, or none if you got them all, to use when it came time to fight, I'm thinking you shouldn't get the resources though as that would partially defeat the purpose of preparing for war.
I think it would also be cool if they sent a force of soldiers, randomized to a degree but not totally overwelming, to attack your forts right before the turn where the full force of the army came down on you, or, potentially for a few turns, up to you.
It could even add some replayability if the race and direction, leader of the enemy army, ETC were randomized, or at least picked from a list, as long as the options are all pretty much comparable in strength.
Concept taken from post 1007 (Niklass)
A few boss chars similar to the nomad leader but unavoidable and maybe with some scary lead up would be really nice, a dragon, a minor god, a massive metal/stone golem, a powerful pissed off elemental/spirit, a mad grand sorcerer, ETC.
From post 1048 (Defender)
I've never seen anything like an ice storm from the north lowering your crop yields or a sand storm from the east making it impossible to attack another faction or flooding killing peasants or an insect swarm from the south ruining crops ETC?
Nor any earthquakes, or wildfires from the west for instance...
You said in a later post that they are possible, but extremely rare and don't do more than ruining a land at most, which is pretty extreme to be fare, but, these ideas could add more possible outcomes to the mix.
From post 1160 (Defender)
More Bad things should happen sometimes if your tributes from vassles are high, aside from just all out war. Maybe lobbieing, messengers asking for it to be lowered that can lower your popularity, parcially lost tributes do to interfearance from internal rebel factions within the vassle kingdom, a land from that kingdom breaking away into a pest, etc.
From posts 1028 (Defender) and 1037 (Wastelander)
Their should be rare thrownroom encounters where a section of population from one of your lands asks you to overthrow the lord ruling them for what ever reason (a coalition of merchants being denied a monopoly or prefered trade status and promising you yearly kickbacks if you help them, a proto union of peasants coming to tell you that they're being starved do to unfare and predatory practices, misuse of kingdom funds for the lord's personal enjoyment, a gorilla movement by a widely unpopular minority who need your support to not be wiped out, a well entrenched criminal element offering to give you a large amount of money up front if you let them expand their enterprise, a rival nobal family from another land wanting to take over that one in order to consolidate power and blackmailing you with threats of public slander, ETC) with each one having a percentage of base popular support among the citizens of the land involved and modified by what type of king you are.
You can then have the option to quietly refuse and cover it up, refuse and jail or kill the representatives, or, you could publicly remove the lord from power, use diplomatic backchannels to negociate, bribe, or blackmail the lord to step down depending on what the issue was, or assassinate the lord (these options will have their own added risks and bennifits as well)
E.G. jailing or killing the criminal group will earn you a good bit of popularity with your citizens, but if your a bandit king than it could hurt your relationship with the bandits especially if you kill them.
If, however, you assassinate the lord on behest of the criminals, than you would get a small chance of people finding out by them selves, and if they did you would get a large hit to popularity; Plus if your popularity was already low, than the land would break away, taking a portion of your army and money with it (1 12th if you have 12 lands for instance, including top tier units and peasants as well) and start harvesting crops, converting some peasants into soldiers, running n information campaign against you to lower your popularity every turn, and recruiting more units from your side much like the rebels, but using the soldiers for defense rather than attack.
Another example: You refuse, jail, or kill the representatives from the blackmailing nobal family, and so they make stuff up about you and spread it far and wide. If your popularity is high, they won't get anywhere, especially if you just refused rather than killing them, but if it's low than you'll lose popularity and if it's low enough, they'll break off, take their portion of your money and units, then start actively taking over your mines for money and forts to produce units, hiring as many soldiers as they can as fast as they can from factions not allied or at war with you as long as they aren't zenophobic races, putting their peasants to work harvesting, and threaten, or assassinate members of your staff to get rid of them, then after they've built up, actively invading your lands.
Now lets say you piss off the gorillas, well you won't lose any popularity since noone likes them, in fact you'll actually earn some if you refuse, jail or kill them, sequentially more for each option, and they won't take any land, but they will start nawing at the edges, attacking your trade rutes, burning your crops, raiding outlieing peasant villages much like the pests do already but it will lose you popularity do to fear as well, ambushing patrols of your soldiers, and staging hit and run raids with small groups of highly trained fighters on the guards posted at any sources of income within the lands closely boardering you (the blackmarket, forts, and mines) widdling them down for others to step in, and also setting boobytraps at the entertainment sources like the brawling pit, theater, dragonblood tavern ETC, which will lose you allot of money for that year do to paitrins being scared to come their.
For the mistreated farmers, you'd obviously lose popularity especially if you killed them, and they could have a 50 50 chance of overwhelming the lord with numbers. If they succeed, than they would break off (taking a quarter of your peasants regardless of how much land you have but none of your soldiers) then do the following; slowly recruit more of your peasants to their side (not only the main population but also miners and those from the north, blackmarket, and villages if you rule them) set up an underground railroad and start smuggling slaves out in groups if you have them (converting them into peasants) build heavy defenses and have a malisha to keep you out, and sell higher quality crops at lower prices than you which would sometimes get you no money from harvest that year.
So basically, think of what the newly installed government would do to screw with you the most based on their goals and what kind of people they have at their disposal, and that's what they should do.
@defender, that pest idea is an interesting one for sure, I really want to introduce divisions of power at some point, where the player isn't 100% ruler of Aslona but the King over a bunch of power holding lords, so for example, the arena could be owned by a powerful family within Aslona who are one of your main noble houses, they may brown nose you, they may try to undermine you, but you could declare them outlaws and seize the arena, but you can bet they would use all connections and gold to fight you so if you as a king went and outlawed all houses, you would soon find yourself alone facing the entire kingdom.
Oh also, you may want to check out posts like, 502 to 520 or so for more battle ideas since your working on that right now.
This isn't a full blown update as usual but more of a quickfix for some bugs that have been recently discovered, we have two major bugs caused by the last few updates, one with troop duplication and one with save loading, now both are resolved but thanks for bringing them to my attention guys.
* Fixed troops duplication bug (credit Sharpchedburger & dragonsploof)
* Fixed disable rebels being labelled as option 1) instead of 2)
* Fixed Disable goblin kingdom text bug
* Updated custom races enable and disable options
* Fixed load save crash bug (credit Laughing gravy)
**NEW BARD SYSTEM**
A new system adding a bit more random variety to the bards in your world and the songs they play
* Added new bard system (roughly 1 in 5 bards will use it)
* New bard system adds 4 new styles of play to the bards
- A bard that only plays notes in sets of 2
- A bard that only plays notes in sets of 3
- A bard that occasionally plays in sets of 2
- A bard that occasionally plays in sets of 3
**MERC ORIGIN STORY PACK**
A few more origin stories for your worlds mercenary bands
* Added new merc origin story 'Elite warrior spirits'
* Added new merc origin story 'judge us on success'
* Added new merc origin story 'you pay we kill'
**RACE PACKS IMPROVEMENTS**
Thanks to a suggestion by vylcount, racepacks are now available in custom games
* Added new race pack (everything)
* Added racepack and race select active tags in custom game menu
* Added ability to choose race packs in custom game (credit u/vylcount)
Hmm, that bard system is a really good idea to make it sound a bit more like actual music.
@defender, you better not be ragging on my procedural music bro! or I'll send Ghoryn Pikener after you
also thanks for following up with sources on those notes, I'll be keeping them in my immediate warsim note file, I'm hoping to get some bigger things done in the next few updates
So if you tell that orc in fort gorthmok to turn his face they will attack you?
@Vylcount, yep, he's one ugly orc
Ghoryn Pikener sounds like a total bad ass, so forget I said anything then...
You can still use evil policies right out the gate as a non demon king.
And still no saved settings between updates :-( Wouldn't mind a settings file in documents, c\, appdata or even a reg entry if it can't be put in the Warsim directory.
Also when dismissing a bard from your court their is a missing space between their name and the next word.
Getting allot of weird names that are only consonants, like "frrj" but that could be purposeful I'm not sure LOL.
Could we get that no animals race pack? I'm really liking this civilized races only one... Though it's helped me notice how many asshole kingdoms are civilized, but don't allow slavery, or arena, ETC which is just weird when they believe in hate and suffering and such.
Eventually I hope the race packs will stack, so like, civilized/no animals/humanoid, or uncivilized/evil races but I realize that would take checks for each new pack to not cause conflicts. Would be really cool though...
Hoping for more quest/adventurer interactivity too, but I realize that might take a bit.
in terms of the music, I think it is time for some new instrument types to go along with the classics. here are a few, some of them from earlier posts I've made
1. dwarven bagpipes
2. Halfling flute
3. wizard Harp
4. undead xylophone (just to go off of the old cartoon skeleton deal)
6. giant bugle/horn/trumpet
7. boroki woodblock (or whatever that new race is)
8. savage animal cries (varous wild animal noises.)
9. Merfolk/triton shell (supposedly a conch but mimics one of the lower woodwinds or brass instruments.)
I'd help with that but until he figures out a compression lib I doubt he'll add more.
Nice ideas though!
@Defender, I'll look into the evil policies thing As for the saved settings between updates, I can imagine that getting irritiating, I'll see what I can do but I'll have to learn how best to do it, I'll look into the bard dismissal code and as for the name Frrj, It sounds like its come from a creature race, creature races create their own name structure convention, ie only use certain letters, certain length etc, it never usually comes up with anything resembling real words, but each creature race develops with a unique looking personal language and name system.
No animals race pack can be arranged Stacking race packs will be difficult though, but an interesting idea none the less.
@Bookrage, lovely ideas as always, will note them down, after making a few changes to the bard system recently its definitely possible to add more music, only issue is all of the sounds were recorded by me cause I wanted to avoid any copyright headaches, I'll see what I can make
Just so you guys know, the next update will take a little while as I'm currently AND FINALLY, working on a revamping of the arena, It's going to be quite different once finished but hopefully for the better
Yes! finally the arena is going to be demolished (haha). I was avoiding the arena like the plague for the past months, I hope this update will make it balanced… fingers crossed.
Hm never felt unbalanced to me. I just needed to pay attention to the titles as they aren't just for show.
@KenshiraTheTrinity: I'm pretty sure it is currently the most unbalanced source of money in the game to be honest. Everything from betting, to subsidizing, to buying the arena. Many agree.
Nah I felt like the guy who gives you a million bucks or kills you was the most broken part because it let you get way ahead early on. Eventually I just stopped visiting him altogether because I had more money than I knew what to do with.
This update is widely going to overhaul and add many new aspects to the arena, but adding betting odds has turned out to be a little bit difficult, so we'll see how it goes, should be a packed update regardless cause it's shaping up with a lot of new things
Hi, how can I read things in the actual warsim window with NVDA, for example, if I don't remember some text or haven't understood something? Is that possible in such console Windows?
Generated in 0.071 seconds (80% PHP - 20% DB) with 11 queries