2018-12-02 09:32:43

That's pretty impressive stuff!

2018-12-02 09:39:41

wlomas wrote:

how long is an episode to complete? the first one you release, how long will it take to complete?

Thanks @wlomas.
The gameplay of the first episode is about 35 minutes. But we didn't like the idea of putting the game controls too easy, so at least, it takes me a bit longer to complete it. That being said, the first episode works a bit like a pilot, where we put the ideas and main game mechanics into action. As we grow like a team, the work becomes easier and production flow improves. This will enable us to make longer episodes in the future, especially related to the length and difficulty of the play missions. We have quite cool ideas, so we need just a good welcome from players so we can keep improving in the future.

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2018-12-02 11:22:26

Hi. I am very excited for this. I just wanted to ask, will all the episodes be contained with in one app? When anew episode gets released, will the app be updated? Personally, I feel that the episodes should be in app purchasees and should be contained with in one app.  Also, may we please  some audio from the game?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-12-02 12:20:07

RTT entertainment wrote:

Hi. I am very excited for this. I just wanted to ask, will all the episodes be contained with in one app? When anew episode gets released, will the app be updated? Personally, I feel that the episodes should be in app purchasees and should be contained with in one app.  Also, may we please  some audio from the game?

Thanks @RTT entertainment!. That is actually a very good question that we are trying to solve on the best possible way. We are very "indie" yet, but the goal is to become pro as soon as possible. That being said, we will solve the issue sure before launch.

The audio of the game, together with the script, the game mechanics, and the entertaining of the game, is the most important in any audio game (we think). The final mastering of the audio has not been done yet, and should not be done before beta testing phase regarding other issues is complete. Most probably, teasers and audio trailers will be provided a couple of weeks before launch, so around mid January.

2018-12-02 18:24:16

can any of us help test?

2018-12-02 18:45:18

wlomas wrote:

can any of us help test?

Hi again @wlomas
Beta testing is being done at different levels, e.g. team developers, friends, and blind players from our network. At this moment we are not looking for more. But you can drop us a message through our website and I put you on the list. In the future we might be doing things with multiplayer, and then we will have to think big!. Thanks for asking.

2018-12-03 00:45:40

Hi!
I'm Mikko. I work for MyTrueSound. I'm also here to answer your questions and talk about our first game GoldGun. I'm blind from birth, a braille and VoiceOver user on iOS. I'll be following this thread daily so keep the questions and conversation coming smile...

The sounds in the game are still a bit under construction but I will ask if I can send a clip or two here. Let's see what happens.

All the best to everybody
-- Mikko

2018-12-03 01:03:07

Sounds like an interesting concept. I'd love to play a demo.

2018-12-03 05:43:53 (edited by defender 2018-12-03 05:44:31)

Neat, thanks for the good feedback guys.
@mherrane
Do you play many other audio games? If so, in your opinion, how challenging will this game be for the average audio gamer who's been playing for a long time.
I worry that what ever blind people were consulted when designing the game may not have been very experienced... And we've seen in the past that overly easy games tend to lose interest quickly.
A difficulty system of some kind, hopefully something a bit more complicated than just raising the hitpoints of enemies (just as an example) could easily help with this without making it too challenging for those who haven't played audio games before.

2018-12-03 09:00:58 (edited by SLJ 2018-12-03 09:02:03)

Hi.
Wow, sounds really awesome. I look very much forward to check this out.
It is actually quite fun the blind policeman is named my real name... big_smile
Keep up the fantastic job guys.
By the way, your website doesn't work for me. I can click on the different buttons in the menu, but I don't see any text on the body part of the website. I'm using Safari on my Mac.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-12-03 10:32:53

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
By the way, your website doesn't work for me. I can click on the different buttons in the menu, but I don't see any text on the body part of the website. I'm using Safari on my Mac.

Thanks @SLJ for the support and that information. That is interesting, but not nice.

We weren't aware of that problem. Mikko Herranen will check that out, and we pass the message to Kevin too, who is in charge of those things. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. I get you back!

2018-12-04 07:51:57

zuckuss wrote:

Sounds like an interesting concept. I'd love to play a demo.

Wouldn't you take a 2,5e risk of trying the game even though you were not 100% sure already if you like it or not? How many demos in general do you find in this price range? 2,5 euros is after all less than a BigMac or even a big cup of coffee in some countries so is it really that big of a risk smile?

We will for sure make game demos if we some day end up making games that are expensive for the customers.

All the best,

-- Mikko
MyTrueSound

2018-12-04 08:13:47

defender wrote:

Neat, thanks for the good feedback guys.
@mherrane
Do you play many other audio games? If so, in your opinion, how challenging will this game be for the average audio gamer who's been playing for a long time.
--
A good question. I play Audio Games, used to play more when Somethin Else's stuff was still available for iOS. In general I stopped playing Audio games quite much because of the same reasons you talk about. One of the ground ideas when starting MyTrueSound was that we need quality games since it feels like the game designers (even those making Audio Games) seem to underestimate us as players.
Well. GoldGun is more like an interactive radio drama than an ordinary "Gets harder along the way"-kinda game. GoldGun is more focused on the story and is not even meant to be as challenging as possible, still it's entertaining and fun to play. We also have other games coming in the future, also those who challenge even the more experienced players.

--
I worry that what ever blind people were consulted when designing the game may not have been very experienced... And we've seen in the past that overly easy games tend to lose interest quickly.
A difficulty system of some kind, hopefully something a bit more complicated than just raising the hitpoints of enemies (just as an example) could easily help with this without making it too challenging for those who haven't played audio games before.

---
The problem here is that even though I'm experienced, our beta tests have shown that most of our future customers might not be. Even the walking mechanism was hard for many and that's partly why we ended up doing this kind of a game first.

Hope this answers your question somehow. I'm here to talk more smile.

-- Mikko
MyTrueSound

2018-12-04 08:33:18 (edited by SLJ 2018-12-04 08:37:30)

Hi.
@david_oliva: Just let me know if you need more information, or if I can test anything to help you.
Edit: Issue fixed. My Safari was blocking some of the requirements which are needed to show the website properly.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-12-04 09:33:39

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
@david_oliva: Just let me know if you need more information, or if I can test anything to help you.
Edit: Issue fixed. My Safari was blocking some of the requirements which are needed to show the website properly.

Hi @SLJ
Thanks for telling that smile I'm very glad that you can now browse our website. We are going to bring a lot of content there, not only about GoldGun, but the other things we are working in. In addition, there is going to be a competition to get free games...so stay tunned

2018-12-05 20:54:10

Hi again.
Many of you were asking if there is going to be a demo to play. The answer is yet no, but...but in order to compensate you all, we will try to publish about middle of January a side story we created once, as a free to play demo version.

It is a short one, it only includes some of the functionalities we are bringing into GoldGun, and it is not as cool as GoldGun....but nevertheless, it uses the same game mechanics we apply now, and the sound assets were also pretty well done. So you will get kind of a feeling of what is coming up.

Hope that is ok.
More news about that soon

Best regards
david

2018-12-05 23:52:17

Hey that sounds like a very interesting game.
one I'm very much looking forward to trying out. hope you all the best with it smile

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2018-12-11 21:39:58

Hi all.
Some people has been reaching us to ask if there is going to be a multiplayer mode in the game. Here some text about what we answer to that.

"Very interesting question. Multiplayer is tricky. We did a demo before the summer, as a proof of concept, based on a escape room idea where two friends felt to be on the same space together. Even though it worked, we realized we need to work on it many many weeks before we get it done at a level which is pro enough to be published. I love to play multiplayer. Actually, I only play multiplayer. So it is part of our plans, and one day....it will be true. But we need more developers for it, and with current budget is impossible. If GoldGun success on sells, and the other two games we are preparing too, sure, we will try to scale up and bring multiplayer as default with our titles."