2018-12-04 15:14:31

Hello!
Everything's been said in the topic tittle. I just installed winglulx. I'm ok with the structure and the accessibility with N V D A. I only wish there was an option to activate a TTS option to make so NVDA automatically reads the new elements. It's fine to read them manually when you're brossing an inventory or something alike, but when exploring and acting quickly, it could be better to just read and react like in most of the muds I play for example.
Is there some kind of addon or option in the software itself?

Best regard,
Simon

2018-12-04 17:00:41

I believe there is a universal interactive fiction addon for nvda somewhere

2018-12-05 11:09:53

Hello again.
That's true, I found two addons in fact, one global as you said, and one specifically designed for winglulx. The tts does work properly but it regularly reads me a big part of the output before reading the new elements. That's terribly anoying, especially when you want to play a little faster. You then have the choice to read manually or to asume that you'll hear the same lines of you history millions of times, sometimes to learn that you've entered an unknown command, and that you'll have to read it all over again after typing the right one.

Maybe winglulx is not the best option, but I don't know. Lectrote seems to have the same behaviour with tts, and that's all I've tried so far. Any interactive fictions player who play with NVDA has tried something that works fluently?

Thank you so much in advance!

Best regard,
Simon

2018-12-05 19:58:19

Hi! If you have iOS, try the Frotz app. You can also play glulxe games, and, if you set the keyboard to braille, when you enter the enter command it will read you automatically the new output.

2018-12-06 05:51:01

Hi.

I recommend trying the universal interactive fiction addon which you can download here

To me it seemed to work much more smoothly than the winglulks one  and not have that problem of reading all the output, though if your stuck you can always just use the screen review (hit the  7 and 9 to read lines).

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)