2018-11-11 16:42:29 (edited by Dark 2018-11-11 16:43:04)

One handy thing to note, is that enemies can't get you when your on a ladder. So, if a knight is coming for you, run back until you find a ladder and scale it a rung or two, then wait for the knight to pass you buy, then get off the ladder and run like the clappers to get out of the knight's patrol area before it comes back around to get you.

Oh, and if you think the knights are bad, you've got some fun surprises in store big_smile.

Hope you have fun with the game, there is a lot of stuff to unlock and new stuff is being added with every version, its one of the best audiogames we've seen for a very long time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-12 23:27:48 (edited by musicjunky 2018-11-12 23:29:15)

Thanks Dark for the tip on the Sticks game. Unfortunately, I am starting to lose interest in Crazy Party lately. I have unlocked the Heights and the Intelectual worlds. However, I can't beat the Volcano or the Intellectual, and I am having the hardest time trying to unlock the Ice world. I really want to unlock that world by Christmas because, well, ice, winter, Christmas, you know? But that ridiculous Flying Boat game is driving me insane! I can never get a positive score on that game! Is that the only way to get to the Ice world?

2018-11-13 00:07:36

I think the volcano has an exit to the ice too, as well as one to another world, though I don't recall which goes where.

the flying  is sort of nuts, indeed its rather harder than most of the super mario 3 ships its based on big_smile.

The best advice I can give is  jump whenever you hear a cannon ball, remember that stuff can't kill you on ladders, and don't be too gun ho about electricity.

Now the one game I really have trouble with is the bombs arena in the volcano, still never managed to beat that one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-14 01:27:30

I'm not very good but when the underground facility comes up on a multiplayer game, I get my butt handed to me, and although Dark you and others have given me advice, the boreal forest is still a pain, the idea for beating the elk is simple enough but they are very very fast so if you second-guess yourself as I tend to do, you're sunk.

However, a lot of people have trouble with the robot's swimming pool and  I have a trick for that one. Dodging the robots is actually not too bad. You can go under the waves as long as you aren't on the surface, if you are really close though you can swim on the surface and just duck under for a second or two every few seconds as the waves come in a predictable repeating pattern. Near the end there are robots at this height but for most of the game, except  near the end as mentioned, you only have to worry about ducking under the waves as there are no robots near the surface. It gets trickier near the end though and I'll admit I've never gotten to the very end but I have unlocked it and I consistently score very very well.

2018-11-14 07:48:16

hi. What happened with the unlock minigames reward? I beaten every world, every arena, and it's not in the rewards room, although i have 771 or something like that gems.

2018-11-14 08:20:06

@bookrage, For the robot's swimming pool I tend to find trying to duck the waves is tricky since they can be rather unpredictable. I usually find it best to go one space below the waves, so they can't kill me. If I come up to a robot that's above me I just head down to the bottom and duck under it, and of course because I'm only one below the waves I can duck up for air when needed and there is no wave coming.

One really wierd problem I'm having is with the fire minigame in the volcano.
I always used to complete it no problem by hammering both the up and down arrows at once, now however that isn't working and if I try alternating arrows I seem to die somewhere below minus ten points which is weird.

2018-11-19 07:07:18

I can't beat the fire game. I don't know if it is because I'm using a whireless keyboard, but I can do the snowball game and the gifts with no problems so I don't know what's up.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-11-19 10:06:23

I actually don't get the thing with the fire game, it used to be fine a few betas ago when you could just press the up and down arrows together, now it just seems impossible.
pressing the arrows together doesn't work, and if I try alternating them I always end up losing at  minus ten points, where previously I could always guarantee to get a perfect twenty, and since I also get perfect twenties on other button bashers like the snowball, gift rapping or valves game I don't believe there is anything wrong with my keyboard hammering skills big_smile.

2018-11-19 11:35:39

Perhaps you should try switching to the alternate mapping of using i, k, j and l with f10? That way you do not need to press up and down but k and i, which is a bit easier for me.

2018-11-21 11:48:12

haven't played cp in about a year, is there an active player base for the pokemon card section? if so I'm going to jump back into it

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-11-21 14:13:00

Its still active, if your talking about on line play.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2018-11-21 20:02:41

As far as I know, there are a lot of people who are willing to battle online. I don't, simply because I've found that the people who do this lately want to have battles with extremely high HP, and decks that are really well-balanced that I frankly wouldn't have the patience to craft. I usually just slap together decks that are one type, or maybe two types now that the symbol cards have made them easier to level, but I pissed a few people off with the way I do things, so I stopped bothering with online play when it comes to battles months ago. At least lots of people still like playing mini games, though.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-11-22 01:57:04

what are symbol cards?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-12-03 00:47:51

Each time I attempt to unlock mini games from the rewards room, it keeps giving me the same one, namely, Numbers Quiz. I can't get past that, since, as far as I can tell, a lot of those questions aren't what I'd classify as general knowledge. Is it supposed to randomize which games you get each time? Or does it really make you try to unlock the same one, no matter how many times you lose? I honestly wouldn't mind, but 20 gems is kind of a steep price IMO. Not that it matters much since I have my custom mini games lists now, but still.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-12-03 02:26:32

It is random each time, however let's say you have 3 more games to unlock, and as you can probably see the randomness is largely decreased so you can keep getting the same game. However, if you can at least get a positive score on the numbers quiz you can progress further.

2018-12-03 14:32:31

I am unable to host a server. Is there any reason why this could be?  I know I’m supposed to hit the redirect whatever the thing is, but even that doesn’t work.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2018-12-03 14:47:12

I have never been able to host a server too.

2018-12-03 16:17:12

Redirecting ports from the game uses UPNP, a protocol allowing router settings changes externally. However, if this protocol isn't supported by or enabled in your router, then you still have to access your router's web interface to either forward port 2500 UDP manually or enable UPNP so you can do it from the game.

2018-12-09 01:03:11

I still have over 20 games that I haven't unlocked, though, which is why I was asking whether it's randomized or not. I'm glad to know that it is, I guess I'm just having crappy luck in getting the same game over and over every time I try.

2018-12-09 01:27:43

I'm sure that it was random the first time it came out, however perhaps something was changed in the meantime? I hope not though, as that would be pretty annoying.

2018-12-16 22:41:49

I don't see why Railroad Management was shortened a round. It is 1 of my favorite games and I am anoied that it lost a round... I'm excited to see what the new world is though!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-12-17 01:15:46

I love the new world! I won't spoil it as of yet for those who haven't played, but let's just say that it was one of the suggestions which was made in this topic awhile ago. I wish we'd gotten more than one, but for the amount of games we do get, it's pretty awesome.

I agree about Railroad Management as well. I get how it can seem to drag out for some people, but if you're playing online, you can use the joker, assuming your game host allows that.

2018-12-17 04:20:34

Hi,
in the new version, has the option to unlock minigames in the rewards room vanished? I have 67 gems, but I don't see the option for unlocking minigames there anymore. Have to try the new world though, hope it's fun!

2018-12-17 04:35:29

hi.
Because a new world was added, you're going to have to beet that world for that option to become available again. It only shows up when you've completed all the worlds.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2018-12-17 05:44:59

Hi,
oh, forgot about that, but you're right. Thanks!