2017-07-20 05:35:57

So I've just had some more time to play with this, and it appears that no one can connect to me on RTR either. Well, I've only tested it with one person, but it definitely is not working.

My RTR server is running fine. I can connect to the specified IP address with no problem. When my friend tries to connect, the connection times out, which was basically the same thing that happened with Acefire.

This time, I didn't see any Windows Firewall prompts, although I did allow the executable files for both RTR and the server application through manually.

I then allowed port 655 through Windows Firewall, creating two separate rules for TCP and UDP. They were both inbound rules. if this wasn't the correct procedure, let me know what I need to do to make this work. It was a bit unclear from the instructions whether these ports needed to be forwarded from within my router, or from Windows Firewall.

As a last ditch effort, I disabled the firewall entirely. Still no go. I'm wondering if having VM Ware player installed is creating some sort of conflict, since it creates its own network adapters, but I can't see how that would be the case. Any ideas?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-07-21 01:53:48

DId you set this up on both computers that will be connecting? It won't work unless both you and your friend are connected to the VPN.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-07-21 22:25:23

I have once again edited the top post to explain clearly the role of the firewall in accepting connections to tinc. Remember it is not mandatory but it's definitely helpful.

@TurtlePower: I think Chris has it, after everything you've tried the most likely explanation is simply that your opponent didn't install the VPN. If DHCP works and you have a 25.x.x.x address, and if you can ping 25.0.0.1, then your side is set up. You merely have to wrestle with your firewall to allow processes to communicate. If it is the public profile, which is the default, you may have to wrestle harder, as exceptions may be disabled--but since you have said already that local loopback works, and you tried turning off the firewall, the likely cause is some other problem in the pipeline. Let us know how it goes for you, if you try anything else.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-07-22 05:31:13

Hi
Can somebody please explain how to do this on windows 10? I want to know before i start installing in case i do anything wrong

2017-07-22 08:01:09

Here's a link to a text guide I put together in order to help a friend. If you follow the steps exactly, you should have no problems. The file can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0jltzxprrk7b … e.txt?dl=1

2017-07-22 13:50:35

Wow, Chris. Nice work! Do you mind if I hotlink these? Or else copy them to my machine and link that? I think a lot of modern Windows users will find this very helpful.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-07-23 01:57:38

Do what ever you want with the material. If you want to add/modify anything, go ahead. I mainly put this together after experimenting a little on my own. The instructions you provided weren't all that clear to me. For example, I had to figure out how to run the batch file through the admin command line since I couldn't get it to work by running it as administrator from the context menu.

2017-07-23 17:02:25

Fair enough, my instructions do assume a level of Windows experience. I can accept that.

Thanks for the instructions. I'll link them with your Dropbox link, in case you want to change anything.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-07-23 19:25:42

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize that we both had to be connected to the VPN. At least now I can connect to games that others host. I still can't accept incoming connections for some reason, which is super disappointing. I'm guessing that it has something to do with my router, and also that I'm not directly connected to my router. I'm using a wireless extender because the main router is upstairs in my house, and the signal wouldn't be strong enough for me to connect. So maybe something about that setup is screwy, or maybe there's something in the main router's settings that has to be changed. I'll have to see if I can figure out what's going on.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-07-24 01:06:02

I just updated the guide with some extra information on removing/troubleshooting problems. Do you think I should ad information on Windows XP? I'm not entirely sure how the process works. I'm assuming you don't need the administrator command line since XP isn't as locked down as newer versions of Windows. Are the steps exactly the same? Can you simply run the batch files right from Windows Explorer?

2017-07-24 01:20:11

Yes, basically everything in XP is sweetness and light, if you're running as admin. There's no UAC elevation required and no complications because the software doesn't request privileges. It all just works. Plus of course the network connections folder and firewall are all that much easier to deal with.

My VM is XP and it works the way you'd (and I'd) expect, however to be sure you might like to test it yourself. I think you'll find though that XP overhead is very minimal.

Just myself, as usual.

2018-03-19 20:32:02

Update Windows download link to 1.0.33 (from 1.0.31). As far as I can tell, there are no operational changes.

Just myself, as usual.

2018-03-20 12:42:32

hello. plese help me  i cannot get reply from ping  adress is set like this  address 25.0.0.1
compression 9
cipher aes-128-cbc
digest none
maclength 0

-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----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==
-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
and  i can  cee 5 or 6  local adupters but  in  property  it  shows as  tap driver

2018-03-20 12:56:18

Hi everyone, I was just curious to know that can we use it with manamon? I am asking because I am not able to connect with that online functionality. I am using windows 10.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2018-03-20 12:59:36

@prajwal, got your DM. Sorry I can't easily do Twitter at the moment, but this thread is fine, or you can use email. And no NVDA either.

Have you followed the instructions at the top of the thread provided by Chris, exactly? They should work exactly the same. If you have, try just to restart--you might find that it just works. And if not we'll take it from there.

Just myself, as usual.

2018-03-21 12:45:17

yes i did everything  but  wont getting ping  plese  what  i should i do with  that  toc file adres info?

2018-03-21 21:34:56 (edited by Jeffb 2018-03-21 21:35:36)

So I installed the Tink driver but it is not showing up in my network adapters so I can't rename it to gamers. I did try removing it and adding it again and restarting but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-03-22 12:18:21 (edited by prajwal 2018-12-01 15:41:38)

plese help how to fix port forward thing

2018-11-17 20:55:35

What's wrong with thisi VPN? I was trying to help someone configure it and it looks like it's not connecting. I'm also noticing that it's not connecting on my computer and gives a destination unreachable error. Either I'm doing something wrong or something somewhere is broken.

2018-11-18 20:59:23

I was afraid this might happen once Sebby stepped down from moderating the forum. I hope that's not the case, but oddly enough, the thought had crossed my mind when I read the announcement. I didn't reconfigure the VPN when I formatted my computer about a month ago, but maybe I'll give it a try and see if I get the same error.

2018-12-01 13:27:52

I have no idea why, but for some reason the IPv6 socket is not reachable. My tunnel broker say they are not responsible, but I can't figure out the problem at this end either--everything seems to be fine and all other services are working.

For now, just use IPv4 instead. In the configuration, change the address line to 173.203.201.199 instead of mintaka.sabahattin-gucukoglu.com. This only affected you if you have IPv6.

Just myself, as usual.

2018-12-24 15:25:48

is it still running,?

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw