2018-11-16 18:56:55

The problem is that I selected a quarter of the farmers to build.
But the farmers who are mining will stop their work to help build, which is a very difficult problem.

sanslash332 wrote:

buf, the discussion about automatic tasks or not, depends just what kind of RTS game is the game that you want.

In my case, for soundrts, I take as an example to follow and repeat, is a mixture of age of empires 2, and starcraft. These (for me) are the best rts games, and try to have similar game styles, is the good way.

About the square thin, only say move these peasantsto the nearby square for select them easily; not build at that square.

smile

2018-11-16 19:20:58

hmmmm
That occurs only on the new c versions? or also in the old.

That is a issue with the automatic tasks?

Because, the workers that are mining, don't have to change their job, only if you command them manually.

2018-11-16 19:36:34 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-16 19:42:03)

Yes, this is an automatic task problem
Because the priority of the repair task is higher than the priority of the mining task, the farmer will abandon the mining task and perform the repair task.
So I suggest that soundmud adjust the peasant's task priority in an attempt to solve the problem.
The ultimate goal is that the farmers who are mining are still mining, and the farmers who are building are still in the building.
The two parties do not interfere with each other

sanslash332 wrote:

hmmmm
That occurs only on the new c versions? or also in the old.

That is a issue with the automatic tasks?

Because, the workers that are mining, don't have to change their job, only if you command them manually.

2018-11-22 15:27:45 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-22 15:55:05)

There is another suggestion.
When the unit is attacked, the player can customize the unit to automatically release the skill counterattack.

Or we can set hotkeys for different skills.
Now the numeric keyboard doesn't have any use, so it just comes in handy.
For example, set the meteor to the numeric keypad 1.
Then we control the mage, select the area, press the number pad 1, and the skill is sent.

2018-11-22 20:45:46

拓海 wrote:

But the previous version did not have this problem.
I tried the next 1.2a9, it is normal

SoundMUD wrote:

@拓海
About the problem with orders given too quickly, I think I could redo it, using a very slow speed (for example with the console command "s .001").

So, the problem is that if the simulation isn't fast enough, the menu isn't updated fast enough. So you have to press "next order" twice instead of once, to skip the first research order which is still in the menu. This is a problem because the sequence of keys that you are used to doesn't work in this case.

I'll try to solve this, but it's not easy because it might require for example to do another simulation of the game inside the UI thread.

1.2a10 is probably normal too. With those versions, if I remember correctly,  the orders were executed immediately and the menus were updated immediately. The problem is that this was probably a cause of desynchronization, because to guarantee the same world for every player, the orders must be executed at the end of each turn, one player after another, in the same order for every player.

2018-11-22 22:39:10 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-23 08:56:45)

I understand.
If this problem is a little troublesome to solve, then you don't have to worry too much. You can solve it slowly by putting it aside.
After all, this problem is not a serious problem.
But the problem of farmers' work is a more troublesome issue.
In fact, you only need to separate the construction and repair to solve this problem perfectly.
Now the construction and repair should be the same module, only need to distinguish it is no problem.
We first add an option to the peasant to continue construction, which can be placed behind the repair.
When we find the building under construction by tab, the default order of the farmer is to continue construction.
Then, the farmers will only repair automatically, and will not participate in automatic construction.

In addition, when I play multiplayer games, the game speed is very slow, even if I adjust the game speed to a fast game.
But I did the test with 1.2a9, and this problem did not happen.
Is this related to my network?

Once again, I encountered a small problem.
When I play crazymod's campaign, the game will randomly give a farm of a race.
But in fact this campaign is a traditional ethnic campaign, so there should be no farms of other races.
But the game will be randomly assigned to a farm, so you need to fix it.
I judge this is a problem with finding keywords.
Because the farm can represent many farms, including traditional race farms.
So the game randomly gives a farm of a race

SoundMUD wrote:
拓海 wrote:

But the previous version did not have this problem.
I tried the next 1.2a9, it is normal

SoundMUD wrote:

@拓海
About the problem with orders given too quickly, I think I could redo it, using a very slow speed (for example with the console command "s .001").

So, the problem is that if the simulation isn't fast enough, the menu isn't updated fast enough. So you have to press "next order" twice instead of once, to skip the first research order which is still in the menu. This is a problem because the sequence of keys that you are used to doesn't work in this case.

I'll try to solve this, but it's not easy because it might require for example to do another simulation of the game inside the UI thread.

1.2a10 is probably normal too. With those versions, if I remember correctly,  the orders were executed immediately and the menus were updated immediately. The problem is that this was probably a cause of desynchronization, because to guarantee the same world for every player, the orders must be executed at the end of each turn, one player after another, in the same order for every player.

2018-11-23 11:09:17

拓海 wrote:

In addition, when I play multiplayer games, the game speed is very slow, even if I adjust the game speed to a fast game.

I'm not sure to understand this problem exactly. Is it about the speed of the game or the reaction time of the game?
This problem might be related to the other problem (menu not being updated fast enough).
Adjusting the speed to a fast game might make the problem worse.
Check the speed with control+shift+f3 to hear a beep for each simulation turn.
Maybe the problem is related to the network, and the network problem was masked in 1.2a9. Or maybe the server providing 1.2a9 is closer to you (so with a smaller delay).

You can use ping (from Windows console) to check a server. I get delays from 40ms to 150ms (probably depending on the distance of the server).

2018-11-23 11:16:52

I mean open the f10 menu and there is an option to speed up the game.
But in multiplayer games, even if I speed up the game to the limit, it is no different from normal speed.
But in version 1.2a9 I can speed up the game in multiplayer games.
Maybe 1.2a10 is OK.

SoundMUD wrote:
拓海 wrote:

I'm not sure to understand this problem exactly. Is it about the speed of the game or the reaction time of the game?
This problem might be related to the other problem (menu not being updated fast enough).
Maybe the problem is related to the network, and the network problem was masked in 1.2a9. Or maybe the server providing 1.2a9 is closer to you (so with a smaller delay).

You can use ping (from Windows console) to check a server. I get delays from 40ms to 150ms (probably depending on the distance of the server).

2018-11-24 03:36:49

servers speed
Minimum = 31ms, maximum = 32ms, average = 31ms

SoundMUD wrote:
拓海 wrote:

2018-11-24 20:03:15

Since there are several 1.2-c8 servers, I have made a few tests with the client. More details about this later.

2018-11-25 00:09:45

Perhaps related to server performance.
My friend's server is 1 core, and the CPU has limitations.

SoundMUD wrote:

Since there are several 1.2-c8 servers, I have made a few tests with the client. More details about this later.

2018-11-25 05:53:50

Suggest:
In zoom mode, press the arrow keys to see the path to the next area.
In this way, the player does not need to repeatedly press the tab to find the path to the next area.
For example:
A1 north, then press up arrow You can reach the path to a2 and let the peasants build the gates or build the walls.

2018-11-25 21:02:38

Ping gives values similar with the delay displayed in the client ("ping" values displayed when control+shift+f3 is active).
From here, I get a ping of 300-350ms with the server in China, 100-150ms with the servers in Canada and Russia. It's less than 500ms, not bad for a RTS game.

At the moment (one frame per com turn), the ping is limiting the maximum speed of the game. For example, from here, with the server in China the speed limit is about 0.5, and with the other servers the limit is about 1.2 (normal speed is 1).

Maybe I could restore the "several frames per com turn" feature to have any speed, but it won't fix the delay problem. In 1.2-c3, the desync problem have been solved (it seems), but the delay between an order and its execution can probably be improved (by sending orders from every frame, like it used to be, but in an orderly way to prevent desync).

Sooner or later, I will also give instant feedback with the user interface to make the experience more enjoyable when the delay is high.

Note: The servers don't need a lot of CPU.

2018-11-26 01:41:18

ok, understand.

SoundMUD wrote:

Ping gives values similar with the delay displayed in the client ("ping" values displayed when control+shift+f3 is active).
From here, I get a ping of 300-350ms with the server in China, 100-150ms with the servers in Canada and Russia. It's less than 500ms, not bad for a RTS game.

At the moment (one frame per com turn), the ping is limiting the maximum speed of the game. For example, from here, with the server in China the speed limit is about 0.5, and with the other servers the limit is about 1.2 (normal speed is 1).

Maybe I could restore the "several frames per com turn" feature to have any speed, but it won't fix the delay problem. In 1.2-c3, the desync problem have been solved (it seems), but the delay between an order and its execution can probably be improved (by sending orders from every frame, like it used to be, but in an orderly way to prevent desync).

Sooner or later, I will also give instant feedback with the user interface to make the experience more enjoyable when the delay is high.

Note: The servers don't need a lot of CPU.

2018-11-27 13:57:41 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-27 14:18:15)

Found a bug.
I formed an alliance with a friend and my friend was defeated by others.
Then when I browsed the map, there was a very interesting phenomenon.
Except for the current square, all the other squares are all walls. You can't press the arrow keys to browse. You must press ctrl+arrow to browse.
For example, I am at a1, I press the up arrow to a2, As a result, I can't press the arrow keys to return to a1, There will be a sound of hitting the wall, But there is actually no wall at all.
I am in a2, pressing other arrow keys can also not move, But obviously there is no wall, Only the current square has no such situation, Make people feel troubled.
Hope to fix it.
In addition, I hope that the bug mentioned above can also be fixed as soon as possible.
In addition, enhance the patrol function.
I hope that the unit can patrol the designated route.
Use the queued command to patrol the specified route.

2018-11-28 21:43:51

SoundRTS 1.2 continuous 9 is available.

The file is there: (Windows only)
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … indows.zip

Changes from 1.2 continuous 8:
- now workers won't automatically help building (they will still automatically repair)
- multipoint patrol (If a unit is patrolling and an additional patrol order is given (with shift), the target will be added to the end of the targets list.)
- now a defeated player in a team will only observe the team as long as the team isn't defeated
- bug fixed: wrong perception and memory after the defeat of the first ally
- restored several frames per communication turn (in the config of the server, set fpct_max to 1 to remove this feature)

For a Linux server this file might help:
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … 1.2-c9.zip

2018-11-28 22:22:54

Hi, I'm the Owner of Golden, I'll update the server tomorrow or next week. Regards!

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2018-11-29 01:24:38

Wow, soundmud is really amazing.

2018-11-29 05:21:01 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-29 14:29:50)

I came up with a way to design river terrain.
First we make a skill.
This skill can only damage ground units and has no effect on the flight unit.
Then we are design a unit that will immunize this skill.
Then we add this skill to the map editor.
When writing a map, the player can place the skill in any square.
This skill is permanently on the map and will not disappear.
Then we look for the sound of a river as the sound of the skill attack.
Then a simple river topography is formed.

I also have a way to design natural disasters.
First you must design a unit that cannot be detected by any method.
When writing a map, the player customizes the computer to control the unit.
This unit can release skills to any square.
The player can then specify the interval at which the skill is released each time, or release the skill from time to time.
Then look for a sound effect, such as a rain sound as the sound of the skill.
When it rains, the field of view is limited.
player can customize how long this skill exists.
I don't know if it works.

I want to resume active AI2 cheating.
I miss the feeling of being in a hurry, very enjoyable hahaha.

2018-11-29 17:19:50 (edited by Tuohai 2018-11-29 17:23:52)

Farmers will not auto repair the buildings of their allies, hoping to add.
Note: Do not participate in automatic construction, haha.

2018-11-30 03:16:42

Also in the zoom mode, the building's default rally command does not work.

2018-11-30 13:01:38

You can add an event that is triggered after death.
For example, if the explosives depot is destroyed, it will explode.
If a unit dies, it will also produce poisonous gas.
In fact, the skill is automatically released after the death of the unit or after the building collapses.

2018-12-01 02:20:21

Hello soundmud!
First thanks for the new updates!
And omfg @拓海 you ask too much features at the same time... xD

I have only a question. the automatick repair is mandatory, or you can tell to peasant ignore that feature, for example, giving them a imperative option.

Like, you command your farmers with a imperative option to mining a mine, and these farmers won't automatically go to repear a damaged unit and / or building when is damaged.

For me (and is my option) I don't want break my resources line in any moment, so for me a peasant that is mining I don't want that them go to repair; only if I command them manually.

Of course, that is a strategy decision, so, the feature is good, but is interesting have the option of enable, or disable it on the game.

That is all for now;  thanks for the updates !

2018-12-01 03:32:37

I agree with this point.
But don't know soundmud if it will be very troublesome to write, will it affect the game framework.

sanslash332 wrote:

Hello soundmud!
First thanks for the new updates!
And omfg @拓海 you ask too much features at the same time... xD

I have only a question. the automatick repair is mandatory, or you can tell to peasant ignore that feature, for example, giving them a imperative option.

Like, you command your farmers with a imperative option to mining a mine, and these farmers won't automatically go to repear a damaged unit and / or building when is damaged.

For me (and is my option) I don't want break my resources line in any moment, so for me a peasant that is mining I don't want that them go to repair; only if I command them manually.

Of course, that is a strategy decision, so, the feature is good, but is interesting have the option of enable, or disable it on the game.

That is all for now;  thanks for the updates !

2018-12-01 08:07:03 (edited by Tuohai 2018-12-01 14:39:38)

There is a small problem.

Units that block the path cannot attack the enemy.
For example, I sent a cavalry to block the path leading to the next square.
The other side sent a cavalry to attack me, but I could not attack him.
Then my cavalry is dead.
This should be a distance calculation problem
It is possible to build a defensive building on a trail and not actively attack the enemy.

Another question.
The enemy saw the door I built, but did not take the initiative to attack. You must manually press the tab to find the door, then press the backspace button to let the soldier pass, and then attack.

These two issues may need to be fixed.

When I used the latest version of soundRTS to play crazymod, I encountered a problem, I
I am playing crazymod_traditional, but the farm that gives me is a random race farm.
this is a campaign.